British father and son are brutally beaten by bouncerskicked out of a bar in 'Sin City'

webfact

1 minute ago, jonclark said:

I am sure the bouncers actions, now widely shared in the UK media,  will help TAT promote Pattaya as a wonderful and welcoming family resort, wouldn't you agree.  A bouncers job is to de-escalte the situation, even if provoked.  Hope those assulted press criminal charges against the bouncers and the bouncers are fined, (and ideally deported and banned for life even though they are Thai) 

Guessing you didn't watch the vid of bouncer being assaulted, unprovoked.  

Agree, hope the bouncers press charges, but they won't.  Karma served.   I would feel reassured of my safety with bouncers handling drunks & violent people as they did.  If not, they have a tendency to cause trouble, attacking customers.

If you hit someone, especially a sneak punch ... expect a can whoop A$$ to follow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You keep on as if it were in some nanny state. Thailand isn't a nanny state yet and if some louts want to be bad in LOS they will be in for a shock.

I see no point in continuing this discussion with you, so I won't be replying to any further post from you on this thread.

Good, because you are proving with every reply that you are either a huge brown noser, haven't kept up with what's been happening in the west, are thinking this kind of unnecessary violence is somehow warranted, and that a country is exempt because it practices barbaric actions and nothing is done. That's exactly how it stays third world and the people stay repressed. Allowing this to happens breeds more of the same. Watch the daily news someday.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm replying to say things should be handled better. It doesn't matter what country this is. Wrong is wrong, and if wrong is allowed to continue, more wrong happens. Media can make or break you. Every foreigner that sees this will think twice about going there. What was allowed was wrong, period. If you can't handle customers that get out of line, you get another job. People who react instead of using restraint only bring more trouble, and possible loss of revenue. You don't take it personally when someone lightly slaps you, as this man did. What was said that made that man slap him? A person that's violent, with childish tendencies, will react to this kind of situation instead of using logic. When someone hits you, and you're a bouncer, you don't respond by going after them after you put them on the ground and kicking them in the back or head. This kind of reaction takes place daily here, with people kicking people when they are on the ground, already subdued. I don't care what you think it is, you're wrong. This was a place of business, and not a ring. This wasn't someone who was hurting your family. This was a drunk man who slapped the bouncer because he said something he didn't like, was knocked to the ground, and was kicked in the back. You can defend this action? If I was there, I wouldn't return, nor would any friends I happened to be with. There are many bars there where this isn't happening, and incidents do happen almost daily from what I hear from regular patrons., of Pattaya bars. This video is now worldwide. You can bet others are thinking the same thing some of us here are. You wouldn't say the same thing if you were back in your home country, but as you say, this isn't the west.

True ,but unfortunately your dealing with uneducated thugs

13 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

But honestly do you think they would of?

He was in jail with his gold chain. 

He asked anyone if they want to take it off him , all that Thai prisoners said no 

I reckon they would call for reinforcements. 

A few years ago, walking street Thai bouncers chased 2 body builders, big guys, they ran and jumped into the ocean, scared for their lives. If I remember one of the foreigners was seriously hurt from the incident 

You'd be surprised how easily and fast the Thais can group in numbers when foreigners are to be taught a lesson. 

So yes, if Sharkey was so stupid the bouncers would retaliate 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

1 minute ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

A few years ago, walking street Thai bouncers chased 2 body builders, big guys, they ran and jumped into the ocean, scared for their lives. 

You'd be surprised how easily and fast the Thais can group in numbers when foreigners are to be taught a lesson 

And teaching foreigners a lesson sends messages to people in western countries to attack Thais, which has been happening daily for a long time now. Relations should be good in every country. Prejudice and jealousy makes life hard for people who aren't that way. Asians get attacked all the time because of exactly this. The harder they make life for foreigners here, the harder it will come don on Asians there. If you do wrong here, you get arrested and fined, not kicked while down. Most foreigners here aren't afraid of the smaller men. They're just smart and don't want to make waves because they like it here for one reason or another. Making friends with the Thais is always a better endgame.

10 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

A few years ago, walking street Thai bouncers chased 2 body builders, big guys, they ran and jumped into the ocean, scared for their lives. If I remember one of the foreigners was seriously hurt from the incident 

You'd be surprised how easily and fast the Thais can group in numbers when foreigners are to be taught a lesson. 

So yes, if Sharkey was so stupid the bouncers would retaliate 

They were not bodybuilders !

It was 2012,those 2 young Pommy guys attacked me that same afternoon!

I wrote a thread on it 

They were young thugs on a 2 week trip from the UK , actually it was 3 that approached me 

One was wanted in the UK over attacking a disability pensioner at a bus stop 

They saw me in walking street and asked what I was staring at before heading off apparently to cause trouble at the market stalls 

I had done nothing wrong as I was walking past but caught their eye ,that was in the early afternoon 

Edited by georgegeorgia

Just my thoughts, but Thai doormen in bars is a fairly new thing, a few years ago the girls would handle situations like this, I used to marvel at how patient they were with drunks, helping them out and putting them on a motorbike to get home.

I know times have changed, but would he have slapped a Thai girl? I doubt it.

Have always myself been against Thai guys working inside gogo's, even as waiters, in farang orientated nightlife, just causes jealousy, as they will form attachment to girls working there.

There is a new chain of bars in Pratumnak and Jomtien that employs Thai doorman, Why? For the once every 6 months a farang play up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've been going to Thailand about 3 decades longer than you, and such incidents probably don't even get reported in the local papers. Just another lot of stroppy farangs getting some education about behaviour.

It has been going on as long as I've been going to LOS, and it didn't stop tourists coming back then and IMO it won't now.

Behave properly and nothing will happen to you; be a bad lad and regret it.

Mobile phones with Cameras were not around 3 decades ago.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Seppius said:

Just my thoughts, but Thai doormen in bars is a fairly new thing, a few years ago the girls would handle situations like this, I used to marvel at how patient they were with drunks, helping them out and putting them on a motorbike to get home.

Probably get more louts now. I used to be surprised at how little trouble there was in Pattaya, but that was before they needed police in Walking Street.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Probably get more louts now. I used to be surprised at how little trouble there was in Pattaya, but that was before they needed police in Walking Street.

I would say there was more alcohol problems in NZ and Australia back in the 80's particularly 90's than now and you should know being a ex nurse ,you must of dealt  with drunks on weekends in the emergency 

Just now, georgegeorgia said:

I would say there was more alcohol problems in NZ and Australia back in the 80's particularly 90's than now and you should know being a ex nurse ,you must of dealt  with drunks on weekends in the emergency 

I never worked in emergency.

Problems with alcohol probably worse when they had the six o' clock swill, but that ended before my time in hospital.

On 8/9/2023 at 12:23 PM, fredwiggy said:

There never comes a time when you don't support your own,

i cannot conceive of any corcumstances where these two fat pidgin english speaking ass clown s could be considered my own.

On 8/9/2023 at 12:32 PM, fredwiggy said:

trashing them on a public forum spells trouble for the rest of us who are law abiding and only want to live here in peace. There never comes a time when you don't support your own, unless they are doing illegal or immoral things, but again, trashing them on a public forum spells trouble for the rest of us who are law abiding and only want to live here in peace. A man's job is to support anyone that's in the right,

their behavior has no relevance to me of my life, and does not affect how i am percieved. calling them the asshats they clearly are spells no trouble for me.  

As to their being in the right, i see only evidence to contradict that.   

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

This is simply the way of the Thai male to attack in packs and foot stomping is a particular favorite. Now us foreigners we don't follow those rules as we could see in the video with other foreigners not helping. Guaranteed if a few winn drivers were around they would have joined in on the foot stomping. 

because a 350 pound man hitting a much smaller fellow is so very honourable 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This will be my last post on this thread as it's obvious some posters here think it's ok to kick a drunk on the floor, and going in a pair to attack him. From looking at the video a few times I think the guy who was kicked was a friend of the other 2 no 1 would wander from another bar and get involved. Others Don't see a problem 2 young bouncers or a gang wading in on Tourists knowing full well they have an advantage. We know how fast it takes for Thais to surround and join in when an assault on a farang is in progress from tuk tuk drivers to motorbike taxis to security/ Bouncers anyone who says it doesn't happen has their head in the sand. One poster said this bar will suffer from bad publicity he is correct I'm going to Patts in Dec and won't be going anywhere near this bar. I posted a video of a bouncer punching a customer and knocking him out again this was laughed off as a hand slap the guy was unconscious before his head hit the ground he was lucky he is not in jail for murder. When one of these thug gangs who claims to be security kills a customer come back and defend them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sigmund said:

Have those drunk brits been jailed and deported with a 5 yr entry ban ?

Thailand does not need such farangs. Such people tarnish the image of all farangs.

On what basis is the 5 year entry ban.......? They were not on overstay that I know of. I have no problem with the concept of banning them, but would it not need some criminal conviction first? From what I hear (toy policeman pal) , they usually all go to the police station, hand money around, a few handshakes and wai's, and are released to go about their business. 

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

This will be my last post on this thread as it's obvious some posters here think it's ok to kick a drunk on the floor, and going in a pair to attack him.

Don't think of it as harmful or malicious. 

It's educational, the old guy is getting a lesson on how to be a good human being 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, condo62 said:

Stupid drunk tourists....but then I find most bouncers to be dumb thugs waiting for an opportunity to brawl...No need for the kicking he is on the ground FFS

He fell over his own feet, Thais want people to stay down. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sigmund said:

Have those drunk brits been jailed and deported with a 5 yr entry ban ?

Thailand does not need such farangs. Such people tarnish the image of all farangs.

Mate.... let's be honest here beating up a drunk elderly tourist hardly promotes Thailand global image as a family destination. 

A bouncers job is to deal with drunk people. That's why they are employed by bars and clubs which serve the alcohol and profit from the alcohol they sell. Bars and clubs want their customers to get drunk it's the basis of their business  but drunk people make poor choices (Thailand road deaths are testement to that). Your bouncers must be trained in dealing with drunk idiots who due to a drink too many, (and more money in the till) may have become rude and difficult.  A verbal de-escalation is a far better out come than a video that is shown globally of your bars bouncers kicking the crap out of an old man. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roo860 said:

Looks like he used the flat of his hand, not a punch. Not condoning it by the way.

Either way, the security guard struck the marine with a lot of force, enough to knock him out cold. The Brit in Pattaya slapped the Thai bouncer hard too, it was a full swing of the arm. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Mate.... let's be honest here beating up a drunk elderly tourist hardly promotes Thailand global image as a family destination. 

A bouncers job is to deal with drunk people. That's why they are employed by bars and clubs which serve the alcohol and profit from the alcohol they sell. Bars and clubs want their customers to get drunk it's the basis of their business  but drunk people make poor choices (Thailand road deaths are testement to that). Your bouncers must be trained in dealing with drunk idiots who due to a drink too many, (and more money in the till) may have become rude and difficult.  A verbal de-escalation is a far better out come than a video that is shown globally of your bars bouncers kicking the crap out of an old man. 

When you're getting punched in the head, that time to de-escalate passed a long time ago.  Now it's self defense, and best defense is a good offense.

They were totally justified in kickin' his butt, and lucky for him, they stopped.  If I was there, I'd buy them a round ????

Play your hooligan antics at home ...  ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

And teaching foreigners a lesson sends messages to people in western countries to attack Thais, which has been happening daily for a long time now. Relations should be good in every country. Prejudice and jealousy makes life hard for people who aren't that way. Asians get attacked all the time because of exactly this. The harder they make life for foreigners here, the harder it will come don on Asians there. If you do wrong here, you get arrested and fined, not kicked while down. Most foreigners here aren't afraid of the smaller men. They're just smart and don't want to make waves because they like it here for one reason or another. Making friends with the Thais is always a better endgame.

Really ?

A coupla drunk fat soapdodgers getting a deserved touch up by some bouncers sends a message to people in western countries to attack Thai's ?

Edited by Ralf001
  • Thumbs Up 1