Soi Made in Thailand Development

stevekrabi

I went onto Soi Made in Thailand the other night (from Buakhao side of course) and went all the way to where it's been blocked off. Had a little look over the wall and saw the big new complex building. It was quite dark but looked nice enough. Have all those bars been rented out already or do they go on the market at a later date. Does anyone know when that will be opened up? Will probably give the already struggling beach road Soi's a run for their money huh?

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Many if not all have been rented, I'm not sure why it hasn't opened already, maybe waiting for Treetown to be given closing down orders 

I thought they would have them rented out ahead of time. Can't imagine TreeTown getting closed down as they keep building it up and improving it. Last I saw they put big steel arches up with fancy lights at the entrances. That was around April I think. Still looks a bloody dump in the daytime though lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Trippy said:

I read they're opening in October, I think they are still for sale, 900,000, plus key money and rent.

It's been posted on FB groups, I can try to find it if you are really interested. 

I'm not interested to buy but I do enjoy open air beer bars later at night if I go out, I used to drink around this area before they closed it down.

Start at Diana and then it's only a quick baht bus ride up to that side of Made in Thailand on 2nd Road. Stay a while there and then it's another baht bus up 2nd road to Drinking Street (RIP) that always stayed open until daylight. Hah, those were the days.

Now I'm getting older and more boring so usually I enjoy the day time Gents Clubs as it gets you out of the heat into a nice air conditioned place and the ladies in those places always seem nice and aren't pushy if you just choose to drink alone.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Many if not all have been rented, I'm not sure why it hasn't opened already, maybe waiting for Treetown to be given closing down orders 

You have suspicions that is going to happen?

Interesting.

I was, maybe twice a year, the 2 mill baht tourist to Beach Road for 6-7 years.

Spent those early days gravitating away from Soi Diamond hotels to Soi Boukhao & Soi Lengkee hotels.

Been living here since 2013 on the Darkside and loving it.

Help me out here?;

Soi "Made in Thailand", and

Drinking Street?

Cheers All.????????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stevekrabi said:

Now I'm getting older and more boring so usually I enjoy the day time Gents Clubs as it gets you out of the heat into a nice air conditioned place and the ladies in those places always seem nice and aren't pushy if you just choose to drink alone.

I wonder why you don't drink in the comfort of your home?

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, watchcat said:

I wonder why you don't drink in the comfort of your home?

If I did that I would have to put drinks in the fridge, would have limited choice, wouldn't have the good service and I probably didn't explain very well my definition of "drink alone". Most times I would spend some time getting acquainted with the club having a few drinks to myself, taking in the atmosphere and seeing which girls I liked to look of. I then would make a decision on which lady to spend time and money on.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

So they closed 50 popular and well established bars and opened 50 new ones ! Am i missing something?

No. When the original bars were demolished there was talk of a condo being built.

I used to go to Winstons bar when that was open there and not all the bars nearby were ever very busy.

The whole old complex got tatty and very rough around the edges and I predict it will be like that again 6 months after the new complex opens in October.