Violent pre-Founder’s Day clash leaves three students injured in Bangkok

webfact

image.jpeg

A notorious group of students yesterday initiated a pre-Founder’s Day violence spree in a neighbourhood of Bangkok. The attack targeted another group involving explosives, knives and firearms. Reportedly, three individuals were injured, prompting the police to inspect CCTV footage. Initial findings reveal that the rival group too was armed similarly.

Captain Atit Simcharoen, Station Head of Samrong Nua Police Station, received a notification at around 6.30pm yesterday about students engaging in a pre-Founder’s Day brutal clash resulting in injuries. The incident occurred within Sukhumvit Soi 70, located in the northern Samrong district of Samut Prakan province.

When authorities and volunteers from the Ruamkatanyu Foundation arrived at the scene, they found three male casualties. Twenty-three-year-old Anant suffered from explosive shrapnel wounds and multiple knife slashes all over his body, whereas the other two teenagers, aged 15 and 17, sustained minor injuries.

by Nattapong Westwood 

Photo via Khaosod

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/violent-pre-founders-day-clash-leaves-three-injured-in-samut-prakan

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-08-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Very sad, and not in the least funny.

Would you feel like laughing if the most seriously injured student was your son?

They seem to have this 'gang' mentality embedded in them during their 12-16yrs approximately.

Where are the parents ?   sadly,  failed parent's is what Thailand has. 

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, webfact said:

involving explosives, knives and firearms. Reportedly, three individuals were injured, prompting the police to inspect CCTV footage.

That's a really severe course of action by the police. They actually checked CCTV footage?

I hope no officers were injured in the course of duty.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Perhaps some teenagers are like that but of the ones that I know through my son. None of his school friends that he has grown up with through P1 to P6 and M1 to M6 are remotely like that.

Yes,   I agree ,   some get involved in gang related violence.  Obviously your son and his friends have been bought up by good parents and they automatically know right from wrong. He sounds like a good lad.

As i mentioned earlier,  it all comes back to the family values and upbringing,  if that's non-existent then the kid will run wild. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, billd766 said:

Perhaps some teenagers are like that

He didn't say all, did he? He was, I'm sure, responding to those involved in the latest episode of youths fighting in the streets. He also didn't claim that failed parents is Thailand-unique. He was referring to Thai kids as this is a site about Thailand. We all know that kids and others attack each other, often for imagined reasons or no reason at all, all over the world. What happens elsewhere is off-topic and nothing to do with this thread.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

He didn't say all, did he? He was, I'm sure, responding to those involved in the latest episode of youths fighting in the streets. He also didn't claim that failed parents is Thailand-unique. He was referring to Thai kids as this is a site about Thailand. We all know that kids and others attack each other, often for imagined reasons or no reason at all, all over the world. What happens elsewhere is off-topic and nothing to do with this thread.

Nit picking once again.

Who are you to say something is off topic and should not be commented on?

If you think that my post is off topic, then use the report function and report me to the moderators.

The moderators I will take notice of, but why should I take any notice from you telling me that my post is off topic?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Nit picking once again.

Who are you to say something is off topic and should not be commented on?

If you think that my post is off topic, then use the report function and report me to the moderators.

The moderators I will take notice of, but why should I take any notice from you telling me that my post is off topic?

What happens outside of Thailand is not relevant to this site or this thread. I thought that was obvious. Sorry if I offended you.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1