Tourist Police Explain "Skateboard Incident" at Don Mueang airport

webfact

12 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Yeah, and what if he would have injured someone. He in fact, assaulted a public official with a deadly weapon.

Next time a taser, baton strike, choke hold and handcuff would show they do not take BS from crazy foreigners here.

It was only because he was Chinese they took a submissive approach. ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bbko said:

Maybe those cops were highly trained Muay Thai fighters and knew they could take that clown down in a second if they wanted.  I've seen bouncers with extensive MMA backgrounds act calmly and level headed with dealing with rowdy obnoxious drunks.

In various European holiday spots they usually beat the s**** out of them, according to the tabloid press.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Srikcir said:

I thought police were trained using nonviolence methods to detain violent suspects:

Cops reveal stick method to subdue suspects

Cops reveal stick method to subdue suspects

TUESDAY, JULY 18, 2017

Three of those with sticks look like they are going for his nuts. ????

• Haha 2

And, RTP are very afraid of skateboards. It looks like he just stole hat (tags still on it) and probably the skateboard, brand new, clean wheels etc. The one guy has an ASP, couple of quick whacks to the knees would have disabled him. And, not sure why RTP don't have Tasers, very effective in CQC.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This is one instance, where I think the police not only behaved properly, but were downright graceful in the way they handled this goon. I do not think the cop was ever in danger, and it appeared that they knew they had the creep under control. Kudos to them. An over reaction, or an American style "police commando response" would have gotten alot of bad press. 

"American Style police commando response".  This type of behavior occurs often at US Airports.  I wonder how "Thai Police Diplomacy" would have worked with this guy"?  

7 hours ago, Drop the dead donkey said:

He would have been detained and questioned when he arrived back in China.  
China does not want and will not tolerate their citizens causing national news items in foreign countries. I do suspect the Chinese would have charged him with my experience of the CCP.

I expect he is now banged up and awaiting sentence for disrespecting the CCP abroad.

Lets hope so!????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

13 years of over-generalising!

With respect there's only one nation on earth we all default to seeing such an incident - and it's not Korean. I know there are decent Chinese folks - but you gotta admit the cliché is here for us all to see, so I would say there's a lot of ignorance in the majority of that nation.

Every anti American has made a point of how it would have gone down in America.  The fact is if they wouldn't have calmed him down like the police first try to do in America.  Very situation is different.  (Some people just don't get that it's in their best interest to obey police commands.) At some point the thai police would have rushed him and used  force to subdue him. To protect the public from an unstable individual.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“Agree that police officers shouldn't be assaulted, but you know what - it's part of their job - and they handled this skateboard swinging Chinaman easily without resorting to drastic measures.”

In all my years in policing I never felt it was part of my job to get assaulted.  I did get verbally assaulted almost every day.  

• Like 2

The 3 Thai tourist police officers involved in this incident did an amazing job of de-escalating a potential violent situation!  They should be commended for their professional behavior throughout the incident!  Bravo!

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Drop the dead donkey said:

He would have been detained and questioned when he arrived back in China.  
China does not want and will not tolerate their citizens causing national news items in foreign countries. I do suspect the Chinese would have charged him with my experience of the CCP.

I expect he is now banged up and awaiting sentence for disrespecting the CCP abroad.

It seems the ceeceepee will be punishing the man. ⛷️

China plans its first human flight on a jet-powered skateboard able to climb 3,000 metres high

The first human test flight in China on a jet-propelled skateboard will take place next year, according to a Beijing-based defence contractor developing the technology.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3198991/china-plans-its-first-human-flight-jet-powered-skateboard-able-climb-3000-metres-high

On 8/12/2023 at 9:10 AM, jvs said:

Very well done by the Police,de escalate!

No need to create more violence!

No one really got hurt and the two other officers were just standing by just

in case it got out of hand!

I know some people want to use tasers but why?

So happy we are not in the USA here.

You do realize a tazer causes no significant or lasting injury and is lower in the escalation of force methods than the ASP the officer was swinging right?

Edited by LikeItHot

Now, if only the rest of the world could use diplomacy, maybe we could end wars. It all starts at the ground level as demonstrated. No injuries, all parties agreed to the final solution and I'm sure many people's respect of the Thai police went way up. Jesus, Mohammed and Buddha would all be pleased.

• Sad 1