Tourist Police Explain "Skateboard Incident" at Don Mueang airport

webfact

14 minutes ago, JohnnyAloha said:

Now, if only the rest of the world could use diplomacy, maybe we could end wars. It all starts at the ground level as demonstrated. No injuries, all parties agreed to the final solution and I'm sure many people's respect of the Thai police went way up. Jesus, Mohammed and Buddha would all be pleased.

Dream on, as you read 30% is happy with how the police delt with it, 30% doesnt give a F, and 40% is dissapointed the police at least didnt pepperspray him, but the best would be to shoot him straight down as quick he raised the skateboard against them. In best case full magazine blasted. 

Human behavior at its best

18 hours ago, Dan O said:

This has nothing to do with the USA in any way so not sure what you on about. Just bashing another country for no reason 

Every country have its own characteristics ???? Live with it

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

It wasn't a crowbar, it was a toy.

They knew they were in control.

They acted like professional men, officers of the law.

Props to them.

Bad cop good cops, a good recipee 

1 hour ago, LikeItHot said:

You do realize a tazer causes no significant or lasting injury and is lower in the escalation of force methods than the ASP the officer was swinging right?

Maybe so but there was no need to use a taser.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

How have I lost the plot?

The police did an excellent job without escalating the situation.

What should they have done differently? Shoot him? Pistol whip him? Crack his skull with a baton?

Agree that police officers shouldn't be assaulted, but you know what - it's part of their job - and they handled this skateboard swinging Chinaman easily without resorting to drastic measures.

Did you ever see that viral video when a distressed feeble old man walks into a Thai police station with a knife and the officer gives him a hug because he read the situation correctly. He could have gotten a bullet in the head in another country. Would that be correct?

As I said, you have lost the plot, our chat is about you saying the kid & skateboard would do nothing, now did you watch the video I found just for you, with close up of a "KID" with a skateboard.............????........................????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

How have I lost the plot?

The police did an excellent job without escalating the situation.

What should they have done differently? Shoot him? Pistol whip him? Crack his skull with a baton?

Agree that police officers shouldn't be assaulted, but you know what - it's part of their job - and they handled this skateboard swinging Chinaman easily without resorting to drastic measures.

Did you ever see that viral video when a distressed feeble old man walks into a Thai police station with a knife and the officer gives him a hug because he read the situation correctly. He could have gotten a bullet in the head in another country. Would that be correct?

It certainly NOT part of their job to get assaulted as you state, its the exact opposite!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Many of these incidents show Thai police know how to properly deal with the deranged

In the US this guy would have been body slammed by 6 cops if not tased or shot dead.

Certainly tasered and cuffed, highly unlikely to be shot, you can see how many folks are in close proximity?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Dream on, as you read 30% is happy with how the police delt with it, 30% doesnt give a F, and 40% is dissapointed the police at least didnt pepperspray him, but the best would be to shoot him straight down as quick he raised the skateboard against them. In best case full magazine blasted. 

Human behavior at its best

Thaivisa can be wild sometimes can't it.

Keyboard warriors: give me blood! That wasn't entertaining or satisfying enough!

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

It's an occupational hazard that should be expected and they are trained to deal with, armed & equiped to deal with, and should be able to handle professionally like these fine officers in the video did.

It may be an occupational hazard,and sure it happens,  but its not part of their job! It certainly would not be in their job description?

Policemen 'should' be trained to avoid getting assaulted! That's why normally if they are in a potentially dangerous situation, the first thing they do is call for backup?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, if it happened in Queensland Australia all 3 cops would have drawn their guns and shot him dead!      The AFP might not carry leathal weapons at Queensland airports but the Qld Police at Brisbane International airport sure do.    Thankfully the bystanders didnt see a traumatic killing at Don Mueang airport. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikeymike100 said:

It may be an occupational hazard,and sure it happens,  but its not part of their job! It certainly would not be in their job description?

It definitely is.

Arresting dangerous people is exactly what the police are there to do.

It comes with the job. 100%

Being a police officer is a dangerous job and if the worst thing they face is a guy with a skateboard, then I reckon it was a good day.

1 hour ago, mikeymike100 said:

That's why normally if they are in a potentially dangerous situation, the first thing they do is call for backup?

"Deploy all units! He has a skateboard! I repeat, he has a skateboard. I think we might need the SWAT team for this one." ????

• Sad 4

5 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Policemen 'should' be trained to avoid getting assaulted! That's why normally if they are in a potentially dangerous situation, the first thing they do is call for backup?

Quite so, its like if you are diving instructor its an occupational hazard you may drown, but you try and avoid it?????

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

It definitely is.

Arresting dangerous people is exactly what the police are there to do.

It comes with the job. 100%

Being a police officer is a dangerous job and if the worst thing they face is a guy with a skateboard, then I reckon it was a good day.

"Deploy all units! He has a skateboard! I repeat, he has a skateboard. I think we might need the SWAT team for this one." ????

I agree part of their job is to arrest potentially dangerous people. Cops 'should ' be trained to arrest dangerous people without themselves coming to any harm, that why they have strict procedures and mitigate risks when carrying out arrests. They don't purposefully go into dangerous situations ill prepared, what would be the point?

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

I agree part of their job is to arrest potentially dangerous people. Cops 'should ' be trained to arrest dangerous people without themselves coming to any harm, that why they have strict procedures and mitigate risks when carrying out arrests. They don't purposefully go into dangerous situations ill prepared, what would be the point?

Ok, so it sounds like we agree: getting into dangerous situations is part of job ????

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, jvs said:

Maybe so but there was no need to use a taser.

So you are saying you defend the officers choice to go straight to a contact weapon over a non lethal knowing broken bones or permanent disfigurement could result?  How long were you on the force?  Which training video leads you away from the experts? 

Edited by LikeItHot
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Hampering discussion. Well done. ????

The discussion has naturally progressed to how much force should have been used.

It isn't too off-topic to make comparisons of how police in other countries would have handled this guy.

It ain't like we've started discussing Bangkok's best Indian restaurants in this thread. Jeez.

Yeah, well thats your opinion. I stand by what I said 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

So you are saying you defend the officers choice to go straight to a contact weapon over a non lethal knowing broken bones or permanent disfigurement could result?  How long were you on the force?  Which training video leads you away from the experts? 

Christ on a bike! "broken bones or permananet disfigurement?" Where in the video or report is there any evidence that Mr Angry was riding the bloody thing?

All you tazer and shoot guys need to settle down a wee bit and Google up a police training notion of de-escalation.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The officer was not struck with the skateboard!  

That's why it is assault and not assault & battery... Assault is generally defined as an intentional act that puts another person in reasonable apprehension of imminent harmful or offensive contact... there does not have to be physical contact in order for it to be assault

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, LikeItHot said:

Sorry i am not an US citizen,i do not believe in a military police force.

Yes of course,no one has ever died from use of a taser.

Carry on.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, tandor said:
On 8/12/2023 at 8:12 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Under which section of the Thai Criminal Law or are you quoting another country's law?

Thai Criminal Code...i will try to find it for you.

I won't hold my breath in your search for the offence "attempted assault" under the Thai Criminal Code.

• Confused 2