UPDATE: Pattaya Police Reportedly Pursuing Homicide Charges for Russian Man Linked to Fatal Fall of Russian Woman

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — Pattaya police are reportedly preparing to charge a Russian man they believe is linked to the fatal fall of his Russian girlfriend on Sunday for homicide after reviewing CCTV footage of the incident which appears to show the man holding the woman by her legs from his balcony.

Pol. Col. Wattanachai Saengrit, superintendent of the Na Jomtien police station, ordered his subordinates to collect surveillance camera recordings in the vicinity of the scene where a Russian woman, Ms. Daria, 32, fell to her death from her condo on Sunday morning, August 13th.

The Pattaya News has withheld the last name of the victim pending her family’s permission.

image.jpeg
PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

Upon reviewing the CCTV footage, it was discovered that Ms. Daria reportedly was dangling beyond the edge of the balcony with her 30-year-old Russian boyfriend, Mr. Oeaop Nbahobny Fedor, holding both of her legs.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

TOP PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/08/14/update-pattaya-police-reportedly-pursuing-homicide-charges-for-russian-man-linked-to-fatal-fall-of-russian-woman/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-08-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter. Click to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Jesus. I am sure we have all seen the movie clips where someone is held outside a window like this in order to make a point. But in reality, holding 50+ kilos by the ankles is to take on a battle with gravity few could win - especially when the weight is squirming and screaming. I doubt he had any intention of actually dropping her. But... like @Thailand says, with the video they appear to have, murder charges are inevitable. I cannot imagine sitting in a Thai prison for endless years with the thought of that moment rattling around in my head.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, timendres said:

Jesus. I am sure we have all seen the movie clips where someone is held outside a window like this in order to make a point. But in reality, holding 50+ kilos by the ankles is to take on a battle with gravity few could win - especially when the weight is squirming and screaming. I doubt he had any intention of actually dropping her. But... like @Thailand says, with the video they appear to have, murder charges are inevitable. I cannot imagine sitting in a Thai prison for endless years with the thought of that moment rattling around in my head.

What rubbish. You are really sounding like a supporter of using dumb methods to prove a point. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

Picture a woman standing on a balcony, about to jump, the guy grabs her by the legs and manages to hold on for as long as he can before she falls......

That CCTV might reveal the moments leading up to the 'fall' or it's worthless in any normal country. Of course we're in Thailand though so it's up to the judges controllers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Probably pressure from the hotel for a murder conviction ! Having a guest commit suicide means your hotel may not be fit for purpose, but a murder cannot put any blame on the hotel !

What possessed you to write such nonsense? ???? It’s not even a hotel, but a condominium complex. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1