Charter Court refuses to consider rejection of Pita’s renomination as PM

snoop1130

Not surprised I expected this would be the case the next few weeks are going to be very interesting when it comes to Thai politics I don’t even see PTs nominated PM getting over the line best let tge caretaker government struggle until May when the unelected senators will lose there status then the opposition can call a vote of no confidence meaning new GE will have to take place MFP will win by an absolute landslide with the likes of PT being wiped out due to there treacherous behaviour 

18 hours ago, rbkk said:

“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—for ever.” @1984

Orwell would be gratified to be so prescient and horrified to see today's world.

I read it again every ten years and can mark the inexorable march of authoritarian rule across the globe.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

TIT, I know but ffs, have they no shame.

No. There is no such thing as shame in Thailand. Thats why virtually no one in Thailand says sorry. They dont feel bad (shame) if they do something wrong so they dont feel the need to say sorry.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, newnative said:

Terrible decision, with ridiculous reasoning.  If nothing else, the court should have made a ruling so the proper, legal proceeding is nailed down for future PM votes.   If that's there awful reasoning, Pita should submit it again, himself.

There is no logic or reasoning in Thailand.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Not surprised I expected this would be the case the next few weeks are going to be very interesting when it comes to Thai politics I don’t even see PTs nominated PM getting over the line best let tge caretaker government struggle until May when the unelected senators will lose there status then the opposition can call a vote of no confidence meaning new GE will have to take place MFP will win by an absolute landslide with the likes of PT being wiped out due to there treacherous behaviour 

I expect the Junta if they get in power through PT's treachery to reinstate the Senators power before the next GE, rinse and repeat.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

TIT, I know but ffs, have they no shame.

Probably the difference between top politicians, top businessmen and ordinary people....the people that lust for power and aspire to the top have no shame and no morals. Just look at America for Thailand. No wonder they don't care a fig for ordinary folk. Prayut promised and promised to bring 'happiness to the people" and what did he do, lined his own pockets and those of his ugly cronies.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 6:30 AM, Homburg said:

Hey Pita,  I hope you have a "Plan B", because you will never be allowed to become PM if you play by the Junta's rules.

If he played by the junta's rules and took over Thailand by a civil revolution (aka a coup), he would be following the junta rules.

With the military in charge, nice guys who play by normal rules cannot win.

Edited by billd766
corrected some bad spelling
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 7:40 AM, charleskerins said:

Is your post about Thailand, America , Niger, Brazil or perhaps Argentina? Fits all of them

Did you read the topic of the thread, and if you bothered did you realise that Thailand IS the only country that country that is being talked about?

Poor try at a diversion.

On 8/17/2023 at 7:50 AM, eisfeld said:

Actually I think the Constitution pretty much spells out that the Ombudsman is supposed to refer questions like this to the Consitutional Court. It tells the Ombudsman and the Court that this is how it's supposed to be. How can the Constitutional Court refuse to take the case?

Part 3 of the Constitution:

Probably because the CC is under the direct control of the minister for everything who gives the CC their orders.

On 8/17/2023 at 9:23 AM, Bobydog said:

Was the Coup legal under the old Constitution and if it wasn't the new Constitution should be declared null and Void along  with the Senators who were not elected.  It is not beyond question given the petty performance  under way on a daily basis.

Does this answer your question?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coup_d'état#:~:text=A coup d'état (%2F,to unseat the incumbent leader.

A coup d'état (/ˌkuːdeɪˈtɑː/ (listen); French for 'stroke of state'[1]), or simply a coup, is an illegal and overt attempt by the military or other government elites to unseat the incumbent leader.[2][3] A self-coup is when a leader, having come to power through legal means, tries to stay in power through illegal means.

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

If he played by the junta's rules and took over Thailand by a civil revolution (aka a coup), he would be following the junta rules.

With the military in charge, nice guys who play by normal rules cannot win.

This is Thai rules.

Politics, business, life. 

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coup_d'état#:~:text=A coup d'état (%2F,to unseat the incumbent leader.

A coup d'état (/ˌkuːdeɪˈtɑː/ (listen); French for 'stroke of state'[1]), or simply a coup, is an illegal and overt attempt by the military or other government elites to unseat the incumbent leader.[2][3] A self-coup is when a leader, having come to power through legal means, tries to stay in power through illegal means.

Thank you, so does that mean the"new" constitution should be tossed?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, billd766 said:

Did you read the topic of the thread, and if you bothered did you realise that Thailand IS the only country that country that is being talked about?

Poor try at a diversion.

Maybe you need to expand your horizons and your reading comprehension Democracy was being talked about . Google is your friend give it a try - type in “Fascism and Authoritarianism on the rise worldwide “ that should give you a healthy start .

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

This is Thai rules.

Politics, business, life. 

16 hours ago, billd766 said:

Self -coup.  What Donnie tried to do 

2 hours ago, Bobydog said:

Thank you, so does that mean the"new" constitution should be tossed?

IMHO, yes it should be tossed along with the current coup derived government and all the appointed senators.

Having said that nobody listens to me anyway.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, billd766 said:

IMHO, yes it should be tossed along with the current coup derived government and all the appointed senators.

Many do (listen) but just like yourself nobody listens. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Thanx again, I'll sleep better lol. So why aren't Pita's team yelling this from the rooftops, we can't be the only people asking this question, any public attempt to thwart the outcome of the election by the trough dwellers is only going to undermine a productive ecconomic future for Thailand and that would be a bldy shame.

51 minutes ago, Bobydog said:

Thanx again, I'll sleep better lol. So why aren't Pita's team yelling this from the rooftops, we can't be the only people asking this question, any public attempt to thwart the outcome of the election by the trough dwellers is only going to undermine a productive ecconomic future for Thailand and that would be a bldy shame.

Pita needs to tell it not the people of Thailand?

• Thumbs Up 1

No surprise that the court dismissed the petition on a lame technicality. The delay has served its purpose to allow the caretaker government to proceed with key appointments in the annual reshuffle of military, police and civil servants which by all accounts is a nice little earner as well as getting own people in position.