‘Biased.’ ‘Corrupt.’ ‘Deranged.’ Trump’s Taunts Test Limits of Release.

Social Media

I think people wanting this to go bad for Trump should be very very worried about freedom of speech in the USA.

Any prosecution of anyone for political reasons or political interference is severely risking the USA freedom of party not in charge. If you can start raising prosecutions on your opponents in your state that voted 96% say against your opponent then any prosecution should ultimately go through. 

The only way that any ex president can get a fair trial is by appointing both democrat AND republican voters on any jury - and not have it that the total dems out number the reps so much any partial verdict could go through just based on political voting. Ultimately a jury should really only vote Trump guilty if they can persuade Trump voters on the jury that Trump is guilty

In any normal country the jury would be 50/50 as that would represent the country in total.

Anyone that thinks Trump would get a fair trial with 12 democrats on the jury and a democrat judge would be saying they would fully support a black man being tried by  a jury of 12 white KKK'ers and a KKK judge !

Lastly this mad prosecution of 19 defendants is mad - each defendant will probably have 4 lawyers - so 50 lawyers in the room, all of which can object to any question. It's going to be a farce - but great TV.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2023 at 1:33 PM, bendejo said:

They are going to appeal anyway.  If the bail is revoked and they keep him in the cage until the verdict is in he will be in a right hurry to move it along.  House arrest means access to comms, so he'd be able to keep intimidating, like they caught Manafort doing.

They should take away his Secret Service detail, let his patriot army take care of him: https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-news-2663598788/

Do the crime, do the time.

Most likely, house arrest wouldn't mean access to cons any more than if he were incarcerated.. Access would be denied as part of the court order.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, pomchop said:

There are consequences to obstructing justice

Are you fully aware that the 11.5 million documents the prosecution want to use if printed out, would be 5,000 ft high ! and to view them it would be the same as reading war and peace 78 times a day prior to trial date set by the mad Georgia woman ? ? There is no way on earth that any trial could start before they have been read and this is why Trump is proposing 2026. The daft woman in Georgia has made any guilty verdict completely overturnable by not allowing time to present a defence if it goes ahead

The paperwork needing to be reviewed by EACH defendant prior to trial is EIGHT times the height of the Washington monument ! Let that sink in !

Photos of the Washington Monument in Washington, DC

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, pomchop said:

yet another BS fox news talking point with no basis in fact as to how it really works in the days of computers.

Actually I saw it on an independent US lawyer podcast - not fox.

As for your comments about the prosecution making highlights for the defence  - get real, I have seen their notes about 'post-it' markers, but what sort of an idiot would rely on prosecution notes without reviewing every document !

And that 11.5 million does not even include ant defence requested documents based on the evidence supplied. I would imagine this case doing exactly what it is made to do - just tie up the opposition and eventually fall apart.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/17/2023 at 10:28 AM, stevenl said:

There is nothing that will be done. Changing the trial date to an earlier date really is not feasible and would only be grounds for an appeal. And putting him in jail? House arrest seems the only practical option, Not allowing or limiting access to Truth Social would impede his first amendment rights.
He has gotten away with breaking the law for a long time already and is able to continue doing so for the moment.

"House Arrest" smacks of Myanmar and other third world governments, I'm thinking.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

No consequences for violating court rules smacks of a banana republic.

I just favor other means rather than the visuals of the USA using "House Arrest". Fines or "Contempt of Court" incarceration come to mind. Same as I would face as a US citizen under similar circumstances.

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

He might also be trying to provoke some overreaction by the judge so he can easily push for mistrial.

On second thought, nah he's just the usual unhinged and trying to rally his mob.

That would be a rational strategy. Trump is way beyond rational, at this point. He is driven by pure, juvenile emotion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

I just favor other means rather than the visuals of the USA using "House Arrest". Fines or "Contempt of Court" incarceration come to mind. Same as I would face as a US citizen under similar circumstances.

Given the complications due to the presence of the Secret Service, house arrest is a more specific option and a more likely one, too. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Actually I saw it on an independent US lawyer podcast - not fox.

As for your comments about the prosecution making highlights for the defence  - get real, I have seen their notes about 'post-it' markers, but what sort of an idiot would rely on prosecution notes without reviewing every document !

And that 11.5 million does not even include ant defence requested documents based on the evidence supplied. I would imagine this case doing exactly what it is made to do - just tie up the opposition and eventually fall apart.

It's all right here...have fun

https://www.justice.gov/jm/jm-9-5000-issues-related-trials-and-other-court-proceedings

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

What do his alleged crimes have to do with politics? None at all. They are criminal and federal charges. Nothing to do with politics and everything to do with the law and constitution. 

The saddest part of this story is that you and some others here really believe what you are saying about Trump because you believe he is a despicable person and he may or may not be... yet you are the same ones who constantly rave against jailing murderers and rapists because it is cruel... 5555555

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

The saddest part of this story is that you and some others here really believe what you are saying about Trump because you believe he is a despicable person and he may or may not be... yet you are the same ones who constantly rave against jailing murderers and rapists because it is cruel... 5555555

How about separating children from their parents and failing to keep records?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

You made that up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Given the complications due to the presence of the Secret Service, house arrest is a more specific option and a more likely one, too. 

Point taken. Still not good … but then there are no good scenarios until the Trial Juries state their decisions … if then …