Thailand aims to be top Muslim tourism destination within 5 years

webfact

3 hours ago, wombat said:

Will "Get some Pork on your fork"

become a tourist promotion? 

About as much as ordering a beer on Asahna Bucha Day or telling a Christian must eat fish on Fridays.

"Different strokes for different people."

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

As they were for Chinese Tourists, Indian Tourists and also the Russian Tourists

Top destination for Eskimos maybe looking for a Summer break

All I could find quickly was 2019 Asean Post:

"A recent annual survey by Mastercard and CrescentRating found that Thailand is one of the top holiday destinations for Muslims. It found that an estimated 3.6 to 3.7 million Muslims visited Thailand last year, accounting for nearly 10 percent of total international arrivals."

From www.diplomat.com

"In 2019, they (Chinese) made up 11 million, or about 28 percent, of total international tourist arrivals."

With the current political issues and continued Muslim insurgency in the South (formerly the Muslim Kingdom of Patani), achieving the 2019 Muslim tourism levels seems reasonable, anything substantially higher would be unpredictable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gargamon said:

Well one good thing is that most of them will go to the southern areas where the Muslim population is higher. 

Not been to lower Sukhumvit lately? The "Muslim Area" now extends from Soi3/1-Soi 5 (where it always was as the all welcome"Arab Soi") to Soi 13 [the border for now].

Edited by mokwit

10 hours ago, Denim said:

Great idea ! I think there is an opportunity here.  I think I will get together with the wife and invent Halal Som Dtam. Money spinner for sure.

You are a bit late.

Many Thai muslim vendors already selling Som Tam.

2 hours ago, Adumbration said:

More TAT BS. 

No.

An impressive surge in the volume of Muslim visitors to the country was observed last year, accounting for over three million, a substantial rise from the recorded 875,043 in 2017.

Only increase in Muslim tourism with be Mohamed and his mates showing up to be good muslim boys in Patong and Pattaya. 

I think you will find more farangs in Pattaya and Patong. Those places were set up for farangs.

And my friend who owns a big hotel prefers them as they are cleaner, dont drink and cause problems mostly and spend more.

The Thai staff that I know who work there hate them.  Treat staff like dogs, and never tip

Probably getting charged 5 star Villa prices and recieving 2 star service.

I assume they are paying a 10% service fee anyway?