Toddler yanks steering wheel causing pickup to damage noodle shop

webfact

Though I realize it is very uncommon here, not using a childs seat in a car is like playing Russian Roulette with your child's life, with 5 bullets in the chamber of a 6 shooter. 

A child yanks the wheel. Please. Children yank anything they get ahold of. In this situation, the child is the parent, and the parent is the child. This child owns his parents. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's sad for the child to have such an irresponsible mother. I hope the mother gets fined and her driver license revoked.

If she has one!  555

And if I am reading correctly, did this driver have two MORE of her own cars parked by the noodle shop, but was off to HomePro to buy something. Doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

"her toddler daughter, who was sitting in the back seat."

"the daughter reached over to the driver’s side and grabbed the steering wheel,"

Pretty flexible kid. lol

the 3yr old daughter has arms 1.2m long ...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

<deleted> of this level should be punishable... 

... Are the BiB so lazy that they don't get offended when someone makes up such an outrageous excuse ????...  its obvious their apathy by far outweighs any sense of pride they may hold for their supposed positions of authority. 

Edited by metisdead
Profanity removed.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

I was going to say that you couldn't make this stuff up but it seems that the mother did.

How does a 3 year old child reach over from the back seat and yank the steering wheel?

No child seat, no insurance, no sense.

Odds-on no licence either.

The startled mother accidentally stepped on the accelerator

Would that be constituted as a 'knee jerk reaction'?

Her story sounds like she was making it up as she was giving her statement.

Last time I heard an excuse as funny as this, it was some guy saying 'I have a peculiar medical condition which is that I don’t sweat'.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

"her toddler daughter, who was sitting in the back seat."

"the daughter reached over to the driver’s side and grabbed the steering wheel,"

Pretty flexible kid. lol

The kid must have arms like an orang-utan.

23 hours ago, KannikaP said:

If she has one!  555

And if I am reading correctly, did this driver have two MORE of her own cars parked by the noodle shop, but was off to HomePro to buy something. Doesn't make sense to me.

No you are not reading it correctly. The accident happened near Kan's home who was in the the noodle shop at the time. The driver is not named in the article.

No mention in the article that the 3 year old should have been strapped into a child seat,

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

<deleted> of this level should be punishable... 

... Are the BiB so lazy that they don't get offended when someone makes up such an outrageous excuse ????...  its obvious their apathy by far outweighs any sense of pride they may hold for their supposed positions of authority. 

From the full article: 'An initial charge of reckless driving causing damage to others’ property was issued by the police. As for compensation, the pickup driver’s parents are expected to cover all damages due to her lack of insurance'.

7 hours ago, Muhendis said:

Insurance agent rushed to hospital with severe abdominal pain brought on by fits of laughter.

There will not be an insurance agent because she was not insured. Stick her next door to Thaksin for a few months! 555

17 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

No you are not reading it correctly. The accident happened near Kan's home who was in the the noodle shop at the time. The driver is not named in the article.

No mention in the article that the 3 year old should have been strapped into a child seat,

Sorry Mr M, you are correct. Kan WAS in the noodle shop, with her two cars parked outside, when the un-named driver crashed into them, blaming it, of course, on her 3 year old daughter. Pathetic.

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2023 at 3:25 PM, KannikaP said:

if I am reading correctly, did this driver have two MORE of her own cars parked by the noodle shop, but was off to HomePro to buy something. Doesn't make sense to me.

No, you're not reading correctly.   The OP made no mention HomePro, nor of her having two more of her own cars there. 

It did report her colliding with two vehicles parked at the noodle stand, though.

On 8/22/2023 at 3:40 PM, Myran said:

Imagine being such a low-life scumbag that you would rather throw your daughter under the bus than admit that you messed up by using your phone or something similar while driving. Pathetic.

What if what she reported is true, what would that make your speculative claim  (as you know nothing about what happened) that she was "pathetic"?  Pathetic, perhaps?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, you're not reading correctly.   The OP made no mention HomePro, nor of her having two more of her own cars there. 

It did report her colliding with two vehicles parked at the noodle stand, though.

Yes, I know, sorry. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What if what she reported is true, what would that make your speculative claim  (as you know nothing about what happened) that she was "pathetic"?  Pathetic, perhaps?

Spare me your pathetic attempts at playing devil's advocate. A toddler isn't ripping the steering wheel out of a grown woman's grip from the backseat.

• Sad 1