What did you have for breakfast?

BritManToo

6 hours ago, Callmeishmael said:

I had a heart attack 3 weeks ago, so no more bacon and eggs for me!  ????

Today was mushroom soup (no cream), a piece of multi-grain toast, some grapefruit and a cup of herb tea.

Probably wise to give up the bacon but eggs should be OK.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

A package of deli meat (Iberico Chorizo, ham, salami, etc.) a handful of Kalamata olives, and piece of cheese (Edam, Gouda, Cheddar, etc.,) ... plus a liter of either English Breakfast, Darjeeling, or Keemun tea.

It's expensive, but I can't deal with horse feed first thing in the morning.

Expensive? Yeah, your breakfast might cost you 200 baht per day. That 6000 baht a month, and you call it expensive. ????

8 hours ago, still kicking said:

On what website did you find that?

Sometimes I post pictures from websites.

This time I made these pictures myself from what I had for breakfast in the last days.

You could search for the pictures with Google Images and won't find them. Because I published them here first, exclusive just for the AN members.

Some more, from another day's breakfast. Copyright and eaten by me.

IMG_20230821_085527.thumb.jpg.ae9b6a57cf7d0d89b730545576fbaca8.jpg

IMG_20230821_085535.thumb.jpg.e59351e0fea5eb4ce346faf68d4f9eb6.jpg

IMG_20230821_090646.thumb.jpg.47f378e5e3b822e85dba76252c5a3456.jpg

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I just read all the post in this topic until now.

Are all most of you health freaks or impoverished?

Personally breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I eat what I really like to eat.

My rabbits eat the rabbit food.

Just had a handful of Makro almonds and a glass of Pepsi for breakfast today.

Gave my rabbits wholemeal bread, they find their own veggies.

Edited by BritManToo

33 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I just read all the post in this topic until now.

Are all most of you health freaks or impoverished?

Personally breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I eat what I really like to eat.

My rabbits eat the rabbit food.

379905221_HoppyundSomtamnach10Min.png.2fbd4413f9bb81baf83e2ff4e97db110.png

it isn't being a health freak when you're concerned about what you put in your mouth. Consistent good food choices gives you more protection from diseases, obesity being a major problem which leads to others. Granted,  breakfast can be the biggest meal of the day and should be, because you have the whole day to burn off the calories.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

it isn't being a health freak when you're concerned about what you put in your mouth. Consistent good food choices gives you more protection from diseases, obesity being a major problem which leads to others. Granted,  breakfast can be the biggest meal of the day and should be, because you have the whole day to burn off the calories.

In a way I am also concerned about what I eat and drink. I don't eat ready meals or bad quality food or something like that.

But it is also important for me that it tastes good. Looking at things which others show here in their breakfast list I wonder if they enjoy eating that. Or would they prefer i.e. eggs benedict or something nice like that. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In a way I am also concerned about what I eat and drink. I don't eat ready meals or bad quality food or something like that.

But it is also important for me that it tastes good. Looking at things which others show here in their breakfast list I wonder if they enjoy eating that. Or would they prefer i.e. eggs benedict or something nice like that. 

I gave up junk food a long time ago, when I started working out at 17. I do have a piece of chocolate now and then, and pizza once a month or so, which isn't bad anyway, just heavy. I'm trying to stay away from the bad health problems like Diabetes, heart problems, and others associated with extra weight. My brother died at 66 a few years back from a heart attack brought on by diabetes. It's been in my family all along and I'm hoping stays away from me. My son who's 32 also has it. My brother was always active until later years, and he spent more and more time on the computer and less outside doing things. he gained weight and wouldn't listen when they told him he needed to lose it. His heart was always okay, low blood pressure and resting pulse. After awhile, he needed to take heart medicine also, along with insulin. Caught up with him. One never knows what will happen, as there are people who exercise all their lives and eat healthy,and die at 40, and others who smoke cigars, eat red meat daily, don't exercise much , and drink whiskey and live to 102. There are foods I miss, but I enjoy healthy food, and my girlfriend cooks very good Thai food every week, so I'm not missing too much taste along the way.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I love eggs benedict with crab cakes or smoked salmon. In the US it's my go to restaurant breakfast. I buy english muffins and toast with butter and cheese, with poached eggs, no sauce. The sauce takes time to make correctly. Egg yolk, butter and some lime juice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

For me what matters is the nutrients I eat daily, rather than it is taste like 5 star restaurant, but I do have eating days, still the strange thing is, after awhile, those things you tought was great before, do not taste much anymore. Talking about eating more pure food, and less additives of course.

Taste for something can change over time.

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

For me what matters is the nutrients I eat daily, rather than it is taste like 5 star restaurant, but I do have eating days, still the strange thing is, after awhile, those things you tought was great before, do not taste much anymore. Talking about eating more pure food, and less additives of course.

Taste for something can change over time.

All about taste for me.  That I pick some healthier options takes some thought.  Add a couple sweet tooth fixes a week, pastry/ice cream.

Take a multi vitamin for nutrient round up.  Avoid excess intake of overly processed, and mostly home cooked from scratch.

Reminds me, need to make bread, since we canned our O&A for a couple weeks.  Damn dentist, and silly priced hotels.

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

All about taste for me.  That I pick some healthier options takes some thought.  Add a couple sweet tooth fixes a week, pastry/ice cream.

Take a multi vitamin for nutrient round up.  Avoid excess intake of overly processed, and mostly home cooked from scratch.

Reminds me, need to make bread, since we canned our O&A for a couple weeks.  Damn dentist, and silly priced hotels.

Spend that money bro. Treat yourself.

• Like 1