What did you have for breakfast?

BritManToo

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

All about taste for me.  That I pick some healthier options takes some thought.  Add a couple sweet tooth fixes a week, pastry/ice cream.

Take a multi vitamin for nutrient round up.  Avoid excess intake of overly processed, and mostly home cooked from scratch.

Reminds me, need to make bread, since we canned our O&A for a couple weeks.  Damn dentist, and silly priced hotels.

The more pure food, the less is the cravings, and the more proteins you eat, the more full you will feel longer time between the meals, and also eat less during the day. 

For instance, only carbs in the morning, fruit, oats etc

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I just read all the post in this topic until now.

Are all most of you health freaks or impoverished?

Personally breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I eat what I really like to eat.

My rabbits eat the rabbit food.

We all have different priorities. My greatest pleasure comes from being fit, agile, lacking any aches and pains, being full of energy, full of testosterone, having a powerful immune system, and---if I'm honest---having muscular definition.

Other people prefer to let their taste buds control their behavior, and they're willing to give up the things important to me. To each his own. Certainly I see plenty of expats with 100+ cm waists waddling around from table to bar to table, 'living the dream', and most likely hastening their departure from this brief existence, while feeling pains in the knees or back as they move toward the box or urn. That's their choice.

I never had a sweet tooth, so was never tempted by cakes and pies and candy and ice cream. Not consuming those things isn't any sacrifice. What I do seems to have benefits. I haven't had a common cold this century, and although I did once contract Covid, it lasted one day and my only symptom was pain in my legs that reminded me of the growth spurt years. Some of my health is the result of good genes, some because I wasn't stuffed with antibiotics when I was a kid, and some from my active lifestyle and eating habits.

Edited by Walker88
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

it isn't being a health freak when you're concerned about what you put in your mouth. Consistent good food choices gives you more protection from diseases, obesity being a major problem which leads to others. Granted,  breakfast can be the biggest meal of the day and should be, because you have the whole day to burn off the calories.

Not weighing enough is my problem (32" waist, 74.5Kg + 6ft tall).

Eat nothing but high protein, high carb, high fat, high sugar and can't gain any weight.

Edited by BritManToo

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Not weighing enough is my problem.

Eat nothing but high protein, high carb, high fat, high sugar and can't gain any weight.

Hard gainers need to use weight training to put on muscle. If you're eating healthy, have no underlying conditions and are happy with the way you look, then consider yourself lucky.

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not weighing enough is my problem.

Put on some muscle mass, by working out every 2. Day with elastic bands full body program.

Find a profile that suits you on YouTube, and get going.

Random search 35 min workout

https://youtu.be/IspUWkCaN6A?si=A41HjCpDP__cj84m

42 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I often go out for breakfast. I order it and it takes between 5 to 10 min until it is on my table. 

I envy you your BKK options.

Here in Nimman, brekkie doesn't start serving till 8 AM. Earlier delivery options are fast food and Starbucks. And an inedible vegan place with cashew cream cheese on a hard bagel.

Most of your beautiful pics wouldn't fare well in arriving hot via Grab. Eggs tend to be a write-off 10 minutes outside of the frying pan.

If I bother going out, there's a little cafe with homemade so-so spinach croissants and B+ hot drinks.

At 8:30, it's about 2/3's full with laptop types staking out their spots.  We take this as a sign that the tourist months are going to be heaving here and we need to stop procrastinating and get a Netspresso machine.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

like Vietnamese coffee. I do it without the milk.

It's the only coffee which can be made at home without much hassle, and it still tastes good. 

1st sentence: concentrated "milk" to be exact. 

2nd sentence: really? the "only" part is simply not true, and re the "tastes good" part:

You know how the VNmese drink their filtered coffee? By putting the whole set into a bowl of hot water, to keep it relatively hot while waiting for the liquid to drip and that could take a while. How that process can make good coffee is doubtful. Granted they produce excellent beans, which deserve better than a century-old knick knack. Don't buy into the hype.

1 minute ago, watthong said:

2nd sentence: really? the "only" part is simply not true, and re the "tastes good" part:

You know how the VNmese drink their filtered coffee? By putting the whole set into a bowl of hot water, to keep it relatively hot while waiting for the liquid to drip and that could take a while. How that process can make good coffee is doubtful. Granted they produce excellent beans, which deserve better than a century-old knick knack. Don't buy into the hype.

Over analysis

A few things from Whole Foods picked up last night, I don't usually like a big breakfast

• A few spoonfuls of Vanilla Skyr (Siggi's Icelandic "Yoghurt")
  • 1 orange cranberry muffin
  • Iced coffee. Actually a grande drip from Bucks chilled overnight in the hotel mini-fridge

Unknown-2.jpeg

2 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Yes, but surely not regular fried eggs. Poached, scrambled, boiled, fine.

I have just been using a non stick pan with a smear of virgin olive oil ( which might benefit arteries ) to fry an egg and flip over easy.. Almost as tasty as a poached egg.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, watthong said:

I don't remember where I tasted Vietnamese coffee first, I was never in Vietnam. 

But when I tasted it, I liked it.

And I mean Vietnamese beans and that "filter".

I don't know why it tasted good (at least for me), but it does.

So if I want to drink coffee at home than that is what I drink. But to be fair, 90% of the time when I like to drink "coffee" then I go to my favorite coffee place around the corner. They roast the coffee in the shop and they have very good grinders and coffee machines and people who know how to use them. I that way the espresso is exactly how I like it.

At home it would be a lot of work and time and expensive equipment to get the same quality.

This is 4 shots espresso - I love it. 

IMG_20221229_085701.thumb.jpg.5839734207db51a12b497216993955c9.jpg

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I just read all the post in this topic until now.

Are all most of you health freaks or impoverished?

Personally breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I eat what I really like to eat.

My rabbits eat the rabbit food.

379905221_HoppyundSomtamnach10Min.png.2fbd4413f9bb81baf83e2ff4e97db110.png

To be fair I did note lettuce in my post but I thought the fact they have 5 or 6 different types fresh on site was kind of cool. I have a whole range of stuff but some things you post aren’t my cup of tea. Often Thai sausages look good but are seriously poor quality. Fatty salty muck. Pancakes too so often look good but they have sugar in the batter and it’s too sweet if you add other stuff. Give me a crepe with proper batter please. Lettuce and other salad can be a good palate cleanser too and help you appreciate the other stuff. Some of your breakfasts look pretty good though. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 11:22 AM, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Buffet mode at the moment. This hotel has the usual stuff with salads on site the nice touch. Girlfriend happy with ice coffee and Thai soups and bread and butter pudding. Her photo of nice outlook over sea. image.thumb.jpeg.1bd66dc02a2d650e2373463327d3c2f2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.71b7737ad3cb7a1d3444ad71eb9803ff.jpeg

Koh Chang?