First Thai relationship, any advice?

ozthai23

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

Never said it's the worst place on earth, only about the most boring, meaning Isaan and not Thailand. Not picky wanting to spend my retirement days doing things I enjoy. that's why I'll be going back as soon as possible.

You made a mistake living in Thailand, it seems....????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, n00dle said:

You bloody hypocrite, demanding valdiation and proof froom other posters while spewing your own self righteous opinion as gospel.

Nothing you purport is supported by fact either. it is not up to us to deprove your negative.

by your own yordstick, it is up to you to provide  evidence.   

Prostitution and sponsorship amngst university is a decades old practice in Thailand and there have been articles dicusiing it as far back as 20 years ago. A sponsorship culture is endemic in thailand and your verbose denial arent changing that anytime soon.

https://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/clg/our-city/university-students-sex-drugs-uniforms/ 

https://www.afr.com/world/thai-officials-order-survey-after-campus-sex-claims-19990910-k8zmv

https://thaisabai.org/2012/03/from-bangkok-udon-thani-tale-very-different-thai-girls/

Its worldwide. Not a Thai thing.

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

A good looking young woman is popping over intermittently and offering up free (and prob pretty good) sex.

You're right, this is the saddest story I ever heard. How can this young man dodge this bullet?

send me her LINE and ill get to the bottom of this.... ????   a Uni girl...aka the holy grail

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

It simply amazes me with so many who assume they know who or what a person here is just by them posting a few lines. How can you possibly conclude he is a virgin, a troll, or incompatible? Cultural differences mean something, but not near what basic man and women relationship factors do. People are people everywhere, and all act on the same kind of impulses, emotions and feelings. There are only a few different personality types, and that includes everyone on earth.                                                       Anyone can be compatible with anyone else they are attracted to, at least until they start talking. Then it comes down to good communication skills, trust, and having a background that hopefully doesn't include damage from parental figures.                           A 10 year difference is very small, and the thinking is pretty much the same, as soon as you are an adult, meaning past the age of 21. If someone is a teenager and the other is late twenties or older, then you'll have trouble relating, because the teenager isn't developed as far as maturity and life experiences. She and him can easily get along if they both have mutual interests and future goals. Attraction is obviously already there. He isn't paying her way besides dating, and she is staying with him overnights.                        A woman in her twenties does not have 100's of friends. Most people only have a small circle that they spend much time with. The rest are just acquaintances or friends of friends. Adding people on Facebook doesn't make them friends and companions. As far as everyone knowing about him. Thais hear what other Thais say to them about farangs, and a lot of it is BS. Judging a whole by hearing about a few means nothing. A lot of farangs buy their women here and pay a lot of money to keep them around, which makes it look like that's the way we all operate. The only real way a Thai knows what western life is about is to move there and live it. Hearsay brainwashes many. Believing their friends leads to a big letdown or unrealistic expectations.                                           Having a good male role model is the most important thing a girl can have growing up. This one isn't asking for money and neither is her family. They might not. Some Thais work their way up through College and want to be independent, and unlike the BS some have stated, most girls in college aren't servicing Thai men because most are smart enough to know it's a complete waste of time.

Thai females are very immature usually until late 20s. I wouldnt date a 21yo. They are basically a 15yo brain inside a 21yo body. Dumb as rocks.

37 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Long drive from the beach, which is an attraction, although some might not care. Fishing and hunting are things I enjoy. No hunting here and fishing is only good in private lakes and a few reservoirs that are far away, with the exception of Sirindhorn, where you need a decent boat. Not anything besides a social drinker, and getting drunk every day isn't my thing, although you can do that anywhere. Boredom drives many to drink more also. If you've seen a few large temples, you've pretty much seen what's to ofer, although being a Christian, they are only something to see being curious of other religions and beliefs. Hill tribes are around Chiang Mai, and though I haven't yet seen them, that's not something you'll visit very often. The food is good, but you can go anywhere and eat good Thai food. Isaan is a great place to grow food, but as far as having anything to do, there isn't much. There aren't any pro sports stadiums to watch teams play like back home. They rarely have concerts in Thailand with music that I like., and none around here anyway. Thai music is okay, but not near what I'm into anyway. There is only one gym about 30 KM from where I live, but it doesn't open until 14;00, which is very inconvenient for me, as I've worked out 50 years , mostly early mornings. Pretty much to me is a boring place.

CM is way better than Isaan. Better food, more western stuff. Gyms etc. Isaan people probably nicer but Lanna food better and a mix of western stuff, airport and train plus mountains in CM.

16 minutes ago, transam said:

Have you ever heard of paragraphs..........?  ????

i do believe fredwiggy is on the spectrum and unable to consider alternate viewpoints once he has formed a belief. 

I once suspect he was a trolling genius, but now my beliefs fall on the side of fool. 

5 hours ago, ozthai23 said:

sometimes she feels cold and distant when she is over at my place she will sit on said couch on her phone while I'm in the bedroom watching tv, for hours until midnight

She might feel the same as you prefer the TV above talking to her.

2 minutes ago, n00dle said:

i do believe fredwiggy is on the spectrum and unable to consider alternate viewpoints once he has formed a belief. 

I once suspect he was a trolling genius, but now my beliefs fall on the side of fool. 

I tend to agree, though not sure about the "genius" bit.........????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, n00dle said:

One could say exactly the same about you, and in your case, be right. I always consider alternate viewpoints, as that's how one learns all sides, and not only that, finds out what the facts are. Some sides happen to be wrong, and I don't make opinions but go mostly by research of proven facts. I don't form beliefs but see things as they are. When someone says the girl students here all service Thai males more than farangs, he is making an opinion based on listening to these fools you speak of, and not on proven facts. Was I wrong disagreeing with him and stating that not all students service Thai and farang males, or do you foolishly agree with him and go by what a few people say? Anyone who sees my posts and thinks I'm some kind of troll is not only a moron, but can't see that I'm usually trying to help others, quite the opposite of many here who are narcissists that think they are right with their opinions , and jealous because they aren't trying to help but antagonize others because that's all they know.

Edited by fredwiggy

Regarding the OP's initial topic I too would give this simple advise that other distinguished posters have also suggested....r u n !! man...run !!!  before some other jealous boyfriend or husband shows up under Yaba and before you start shelling out cash and ending up broke.

I may also suggest to get tested for any Hiv or STD...one can never know and hope you did all the bunga bunga with appropriate protection.

Edited by observer90210

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

One could say exactly the same about you, and in your case, be right. I always consider alternate viewpoints, as that's how one learns all sides, and not only that, finds out what the facts are. Some sides happen to be wrong, and I don't make opinions but go mostly by research of proven facts. I don't form beliefs but see things as they are. When someone says the girl students here all service Thai males more than farangs, he is making an opinion based on listening to these fools you speak of, and not on proven facts. Was I wrong disagreeing with him and stating that not all students service Thai and farang males, or do you foolishly agree with him and go by what a few people say?

20x more Thai males than farang males. If you discount poor ones still likely 5x to 10x more Thai males being serviced. Just a numbers game.

Dead man walking: 

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done; on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Advice?

Don't take relationship advice from reprobates.

Oh, I forgot my other favorite, though it's not as relevant for Uni Girls...

The best paying, most secure and longest lasting job available to many Thai women is "mother of some foreigner's kid"

Wear your wubbies.  Check them for holes.

On a more complex note, there are a lot of great Thai women and there are some idiots.  The problem is cutting through the cultural differences to figure out if that's the source of friction, or whether she's just an idiot.  That goes both ways, too.

• Like 1