30-Year Sentence for "Boy Unity": False Pricing of Imported Lamborghini Cars Revealed

webfact

There was a case in the UK many years back of a woman who had been to India with her husband. She had bought a ring when she declared to be valued at $100. Later Customs found out it was worth $100,000. They took her to court and the judge decided that she was entitled to declare the cost as anything and the Customs had the right to call in an expert to get a true evaluation if they wished to. They had not done this so the case was dismissed.

It probably isn't the same here in Thailand but the Customs do, I would think, have a responsibility to check the value of an article is they don't believe the importer is telling the truth.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Does he think he's some sort of boy rapper calling himself Boy Unity? I bet he talks about himself in the third person as well as in "Boy Unity thinks this sentence is too long."

The boy in hiding better watch out as the cops usually get such people in Thailand.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

as soon as you mention Lamborghini and Liberia in the same sentence you know that there's a monkey business there as importing cars to Thailand reeks of corruption and malfeasance, although 30 years is a bit harsh but Thailand don't look kindly on people who are short change them on what they owed.

I never got passed Boy Unity, then I knew.

7 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

There was a case in the UK many years back of a woman who had been to India with her husband. She had bought a ring when she declared to be valued at $100. Later Customs found out it was worth $100,000. They took her to court and the judge decided that she was entitled to declare the cost as anything and the Customs had the right to call in an expert to get a true evaluation if they wished to. They had not done this so the case was dismissed.

It probably isn't the same here in Thailand but the Customs do, I would think, have a responsibility to check the value of an article is they don't believe the importer is telling the truth.

Sweet,  but in this case customs staff and the importer were in kahoots. Otherwise,  totally agree.  Value of something is by the owner.  An old teddy bear from my childhood would be worth more than a poxy lambo

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, ezzra said:

although 30 years is a bit harsh but Thailand don't look kindly on people who are short change them on what they owed.

That's probably a longer sentence than what most run-of-the-mill murderers get here, after sentences are halved for confessions or cooperation, etc etc.

Kind of tells you how the powers that be here value money and finance vs human life.

On 8/25/2023 at 10:58 PM, TimeMachine said:

Sweet,  but in this case customs staff and the importer were in kahoots. Otherwise,  totally agree.  Value of something is by the owner.  An old teddy bear from my childhood would be worth more than a poxy lambo

A Steiff?

On 8/25/2023 at 6:33 AM, ezzra said:
On 8/25/2023 at 5:41 AM, webfact said:

Lamborghini cars from Liberia

as soon as you mention Lamborghini and Liberia in the same sentence you know that there's a monkey business there

Whille Boy Unity name itself reeks of honest dealings

On 8/26/2023 at 12:47 AM, JeffersLos said:

I suppose all the Lambos have been sent back to Liberia. 

I think the police are using them to replace the BMW smart cars that haven't been used much for a couple of years. They are now called Smart Lambos and can catch overstayers very quickly. Watch out if you are from Liberia.

On 8/25/2023 at 3:06 PM, Photoguy21 said:

That's why they prosecuted him and his corrupt Customs officer mates, as reported in the full OP.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 8/25/2023 at 3:10 PM, mokwit said:
On 8/25/2023 at 5:41 AM, webfact said:

importing Lamborghini cars from Liberia

As others have said, that is a huge red flag right thee.

But the corrupt COs working with him lowered those flags and eased that situation...until they were all jailed.