Jesus Hit Me Like An Atom Bomb

LaosLover

3 minutes ago, transam said:

If Elvis liked it, so do I...........:guitar:

In the South, White Gospel is called Southern Gospel -to reassure any Dollywood attendees in doubt.

Elvis was probably the last white southerner to willingly listen to Black Gospel. 90% of what we call show biz comes out of Black Gospel and Minstrel shows.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

There was a Baptist church down aways from my hometown house, (told you I grew up on the other side of the tracks), and I would pass there sometimes on Sunday walking the dog ...

... and they were Rockin' inside.  Way too cool.

Atheist, but I still find Christion music inspirational, as long as not trying to covert me.  2 favorites:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Reginald Prewster said:

Only 2 week it took and the Jehovas were in my door  

nuff said

Jevohah's Witnesses, tho, not exactly known for killer tunes.

Apart from the many negative aspects of religion, most of the art I like has roots in it, just like most of the music I like. The search to know the spirit is eternal.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, tkramer said:

I love the Beach Boys, as I grew up with them. But this just doesn't cut it...

I think it is a good, honest song.

Brian was the first use the word GOD in a 'pop' song., 

57 minutes ago, Reginald Prewster said:

Still the church is the richest state in the world.. 

An what to they do if you are on a low income and in need, demanding the church tax from your wages.

What do they do if you are in need and wanna borrow a couple of quit? <deleted> ALL they do for you.. 

As I stepped out it was one of the best decisions I made in my life, and as the pastor asked why, I just told him

Real belive shouldn't cost money, so why I have to be enforced to pay 8% of my wages into a brick building with uncomfortable wooden benches, a bell and an organ? 

He wanted even christinanize my Thai wife, otherwise we would not be married under the umbrella of the church...

Crazy event after I left the church...

Only 2 week it took and the Jehovas were in my door and told me that the decision to leave the catholic church was the best I made.

All religions including Christians, Buddhists and Muslims are murders and liers.. 

I grabbed his throat and asked him how he found out that I left the katholic church and why he was not aware that he was standing face to face with a murdering buddhist who just grabs his throat.. 

I am now on my farm, the sky above me, trees and animals around me...

I guess I must have found heaven and enjoy it until I am going in a wat through the chimney.. 

nuff said

To the topic..

If the gospel and sould music is played open air and in free public places, I would stop by groove and listen.

If a basket would be handed around, I would certainly give a donation for the performers..  

But even in such musical events the German catholic church charged 45 EUR (!!) entry fee...  

I want to read the rest of your story

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This sounds to me like the usual traditional Ella Fitzgerald shouting. When I visited Guinea Bissau a taxi was playing wonderful music I was surprised to learn was Gospel. He found the CD of the songs for me, as they (uncomprehendingly) were unknown outside Bissau. This time of song, harmonic, cute:

Edited by JackGats
  • Love It 1

5 hours ago, LaosLover said:

Jevohah's Witnesses, tho, not exactly known for killer tunes.

Apart from the many negative aspects of religion, most of the art I like has roots in it, just like most of the music I like. The search to know the spirit is eternal.

Try this one when next in the gym:

If it doesn’t work, you’ve already expired. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

Try this one when next in the gym:

Love these guys and the whole sub genre called Spiritual Jazz, which runs from Afrobeat to Alice Coltrane.

None of which would exist without Gospel.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

God Bless The Child -  released on a single by Aretha Franklin in 1962.   

And there must be some with Father, Son & Ghost in the title.

6 hours ago, LaosLover said:

Speaking of Bob: