Indian Tourists Amazes Me.

NONG CHOK

8 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I don't like being called a liar

There's quite a bit of that on this board. Perhaps it's the trap that the "old Asia hands" typically fall in to. 

I've got a friend like that; a crusty old codger who has done the same thing, in the same place, for thirty years.  When a go go dancer told him that many dancers pay young men for sex (so do rich old ladies on Khao San) his brain nearly melted and he called her a liar.  Same pattern: "I've been drinking on the same soi for X number of years and never seen it, so you must be lying".   

If there's an ignore function, use it, because you'll get nothing but the same old from that gang. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

Hi there, As the title suggests Indians in Pattaya amaze me. Around 11.30 am I went to the Bodega Bar on the corner of Pattaya Klang and Soi Post Office. After a long walk and shopping at Villa Mart I decided to relax there. After about 30m minutes in walks these 3 big Indians. They studied the drink menu for at least 5 minutes. Then they bought one Heineken and shared it. Then one lit up a smoke and they shared that. They all wanted to know the Bodega Bars free WIFI. When that settled down they wanted to play pool. When they were told they needed to pay 20 baht per game, their very dark black complexion nearly turned green. What TAT sees in these types of tourists amazes me. I'm not a tourist I'm a condo owner and I've lived in Pattaya for the past 20 years.

Proof of the shared Heinekan, or you are just flexing some casual racism and an old racist stereotype. 

I also sat a bar relaxing. I was just amazed after a few Heinekens how often the British would want to cause violence. It was truly astonishing. 

Back to the Indians - if they did indeed spend some money on an over priced Heineken, then it's certainly more than many others who simply window shop and walk past. 

When Pattaya opened last year, it was Indian tourists who kep it going, by arriving in large numbers.

Are they on a budget - they sure are. Most are come as work vaccation from their work companies. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

Hi there, As the title suggests Indians in Pattaya amaze me. Around 11.30 am I went to the Bodega Bar on the corner of Pattaya Klang and Soi Post Office. After a long walk and shopping at Villa Mart I decided to relax there. After about 30m minutes in walks these 3 big Indians. They studied the drink menu for at least 5 minutes. Then they bought one Heineken and shared it. Then one lit up a smoke and they shared that. They all wanted to know the Bodega Bars free WIFI. When that settled down they wanted to play pool. When they were told they needed to pay 20 baht per game, their very dark black complexion nearly turned green. What TAT sees in these types of tourists amazes me. I'm not a tourist I'm a condo owner and I've lived in Pattaya for the past 20 years.

Looks like a nosy parker not minding their own business.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Why are you trying to shame tourists who are traveling on a low budget. Shame on you! They pay their airfare and accommodation. Low budget tourists are all over the planet. Should Thailand kick them out as they aren't spending enough? There are plenty of rich Indians too, but they probably don't come to Pattaya. If you've been in Pattaya for 20 years you'd know that Pattaya is generally a low budget tourist location that offers very good value for money. Maybe you need to sell your condo and move to a more upscale location where low budget tourists won't trouble you.

No sense of humor?

3 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

I was just amazed after a few Heinekens how often the British would want to cause violence.

I saw that plenty of times when the £ was close to 70.  There's no upper age limit, either. 

Back in 2009 I was sitting with a couple of German guys outside a small bar at VT1.  We were discussing Canada's massive oil and gas reserves when the British codger found his long awaited segway into our conversation.

"You had enough gas to kill the f ing Jews, didn't ya?" Screaming at the top of his lungs with a horrible accent. One of the Germans was a cop who didn't drink. His reply was "be quiet old man, drink your alcohol and talk to your prostitute ".  That kicked things off, but thankfully the 40 year old Germans didn't beat up pensioners so the old clown made quite a show before his prostitute dragged him indoors.  The £ was falling and the poor guy was being forced back to a council flat in beautiful, balmy, blighty.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

1) I don't like being called a liar

2) For most of the last 10 hours I was asleep.

3) You are just trying to pick a fight in an empty room.

10hrs of bad sleep I assume given had to come back and make a second post !!

• Love It 1

16 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I did once see two Indians try to share a can of coke in a bar off Sukhumvit Road. They were turfed out after a few minutes.

There are bars  off/ near Sukhumvit rd?

1 minute ago, herfiehandbag said:

Since you appear interested, I drank a beer, slept well for some 7 hours, awoke refreshed, took two of my dogs for a walk, sat down for breakfast and looked at AN, saw the post and answered it; at which point you joined in with your attempt to start an argument.

You answered it twice...... 10hrs apart.

How many beers did you have ?

• Love It 1

11 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

There's some sort of cultural upbringing that causes certain (well almost all) Brits to want to commit violence and hit someone - after a few drinks.

Give me a cheap Indian sharing a Heineken anyday, rather than someone who may break my leg after a Heineken. 

70yo poms don't scare me. A 30yo Indian would be tougher.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

You answered it twice...... 10hrs apart.

How many beers did you have ?

As I said, you are just trying to pick a fight - perhaps to get me riled, say something unwise, and get myself suspended?

Well I am not interested, and will take no further part in the conversation.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bignok said:

70yo poms don't scare me. A 30yo Indian would be tougher.

The Indians in Pattaya are very passive. Never seen an aggressive one. 

Seen some Russians, but they seem determined to keep their heads down and not risk being sent back. 

The Brits though - it's just internal anger. 

Edited by DonniePeverley
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Not the average  thai beach pic, or not a pic of an average thai beach? 

I'm on the eastern seaboard and only a few mainland beaches look same as your pic year round. As the tides change the trash gets brought in to many beaches and it looks like the other pic with trash.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

As long as they finally start wearing deodorant and don't smell like a woodpile of anal glands I don't really care.  Hell, I totally approve of their cheapness. Anyone who minimizes the greedy bar owners' profits is ok in my book.

Rather racist comment, you must have a very low self esteem.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

The Indians in Pattaya are very passive. Never seen an aggressive one. 

Seen some Russians, but they seem determined to keep their heads down and not risk being sent back. 

The Brits though - it's just internal anger. 

70 years of sporting misery.

• Confused 1