France to ban female students from wearing abayas in state schools

Social Media

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes, they are private Schools for Muslims , just like there are private Jewish Schools  private German Schools and private Sikh Schools were Parents choose and pay to send their kids too , just like we have private schools in Thailand for Chinese, Christians, Felangs or whatever .

There are private Schools all over the world for various peoples 

So will you now Acknowledge that there are Muslim-only Schools Nick?? and some have been caught preaching hate in the classroom.

7 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

A couple of years ago an Airport female staff member was sent home because she refused to remove her cross from her neck chain.

That’s ridiculous. We have religious freedom in the west. If you want to make schools secular that’s fine by me, but telling people what they can or can’t wear is just over the top and this is coming from a flaming atheist! 

2 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

your Deflecting placeholder has nothing to do with other attacks or from Ireland its about Muslim attacks in England and the Radicalisation of british muslims. The Manchester Bomber who killed 20+ kids at the Ariana Grande was radicalized in a Manchester Mosque.

Not at all. You vilified almost 4 million people based on the actions of a few. I just pointed out at the same kind of reasoning could have applied to the Irish back when.

13 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Those Schools you speak of are most likely Muslim  Schools , could you provide a link to the Schools which are 95 % Muslims with Iman teachers ?

In normal Schools kids learn about Religion , that's why they go to School to learn things and it wouldn't be abnormal for them to learn about Mohamed , Budda and the rest 

I was only taught about Christianity at school, nothing else, perhaps because I come from a Christian country, where the Queen was head of said religion.

I used to sing at Christmas nativity play's, us kids thoroughly enjoyed it..

It is a sad day if my country stops such events because of other religious stuff...............????

In secondary school, the Church of England boys had to be present to sing Christian songs, the Catholic boys were lucky, they could sit in a room and do nothing, or the previous days homework....:whistling:

38 minutes ago, transam said:

I was only taught about Christianity at school, nothing else, perhaps because I come from a Christian country, where the Queen was head of said religion.

It is a sad day if my country stops such events because of other religious stuff...............????

In secondary school, the Church of England boys had to be present to sing Christian songs, the Catholic boys were lucky, they could sit in a room and do nothing, or the previous days homework....:whistling:

No 'school' teaching of religion, since public school and not allowed.  Presbyterian, and got 'schooled' on bible stories at church on Sunday as a wee one.  When giving the choice to attend, older brother didn't want to, so I couldn't, since not allowed to walk there alone.  I actually enjoyed the stories.

Now he's the Bible thumping Christian warrior, and I'm the Atheist ... go figure.

4 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

That’s ridiculous. We have religious freedom in the west. If you want to make schools secular that’s fine by me, but telling people what they can or can’t wear is just over the top and this is coming from a flaming atheist! 

The government has every right to tell people in public institutions what to wear. How about if the army can wear whatever soldiers want?

If a muslim wants to make their child wear an abaya they can send them to a private school.

21 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Can you get any more racist than that.  Are the other religions restricted from wearing such clothing;

Jews & kippah/ tznuit

Sikh & dastar

Amish & organdy head bonnet

Uni religion or Atheist from a scarf

I believe so. I remember having a conversation with a French lady on this subject. She explained to me that any expression of religious identity, including the wearing of Crucifixes is forbidden in French state schools. As an atheist who believes in neither leprichorns, angels or gods, I find it a breath of fresh air

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

So you are in favour of Schoolgirls in France being allowed to wear the full face covering Burka ?

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The government has every right to tell people in public institutions what to wear. How about if the army can wear whatever soldiers want?

If a muslim wants to make their child wear an abaya they can send them to a private school.

This is why I am in favor of school uniforms, or at least very strict dress codes and personal appearance rules. Kids have enough to judge each other over and worry about already without being marked by their clothes.  Not to mention, parents who use their clildren to signal their politics/religion are reprehensible.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

This is why I am in favor of school uniforms, or at least very strict dress codes and personal appearance rules. Kids have enough to judge each other over and worry about already without being marked by their clothes.  Not to mention, parents who use their clildren to signal their politics/religion are reprehensible.

More mind reading from you. No chance that they might believe their religion requires clothing and/or accessories?

1 hour ago, transam said:

Thailand is your Country now and Thai Schools do not have Nativity plays .

King Charles is head of ALL faiths and not just one Faith and BTW , Nativity plays in the UK have NOT been banned

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So, apparently, your idea of a good teacher is someone who waits  find out if a student understands rather than address the problem right on the spot. Bizarre.

Change my example to the headscarf in question then , the French school girls should be allowed to wear the headscarf (in question) in school classes 

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

King Charles is head of ALL faiths and not just one Faith and BTW , Nativity plays in the UK have NOT been banned

Wow. King Charles is the head of all faiths? Do the leaders or members of those various faiths subscribe to that formulation?

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Stop guessing, Thailand is not my country, I just live here as a guest....Gawd........????

I doubt King Charles is noted as head of any other religion in the UK by those other religions...................????

I never said nativity plays have been banned in the UK...

Take a break, Nick..............????

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Change my example to the headscarf in question then , the French school girls should be allowed to wear the headscarf (in question) in school classes 

Well, the French government sees no problem with Sikh boys wearing plain turbans. And neither do I. 

20 minutes ago, placeholder said:

More mind reading from you. No chance that they might believe their religion requires clothing and/or accessories?

The kids dont have the capacity to believe it or not. They still believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.  And if, IF their religion requires a certain dress code then they are more than welcome to don them in their private life. And again, if that keeps them from attending public institutions, then perhaps they arent living in the correct place.  Time to move back to where their ideas are in charge. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

The kids dont have the capacity to believe it or not. They still believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.  And if, IF their religion requires a certain dress code then they are more than welcome to don them in their private life. And again, if that keeps them from attending public institutions, then perhaps they arent living in the correct place.  Time to move back to where their ideas are in charge. 

This has nothing to do with the aspersion you cast that the parents who are using "their clildren to signal their politics/religion are reprehensible."

You are baselessly ascribing unworthy motives to those parents. Unless, of course, you're a mind reader. In that case, I take it back.

30 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

When I went to school we wore a uniform and nothing else. Didn't scar me for life.

If a girl wants to wear a particular form of attire that's her choice when NOT in a public institution.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When I went to school we wore a uniform and nothing else. Didn't scar me for life.

If a girl wants to wear a particular form of attire that's her choice when NOT in a public institution.

Thanks for the utterly irrelevant comment.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Islam does not require an abaya, or a hair covering to be worn. I knew plenty of Muslim nurses that did not wear either.

Hair covering or a covering garment like a burka or abaya is cultural, not religious.

The only dress requirement in Islam is to dress modestly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Islam does not require an abaya, or a hair covering to be worn. I knew plenty of Muslim nurses that did not wear either.

Hair covering or a covering garment like a burka or abaya is cultural, not religious.

The only dress requirement in Islam is to dress modestly.

Thanks, Imam, for your learned discourse on what Islam does and does not require. A good thing that there's unanimity on this issue in the Muslim community. Otherwise I might doubt what you say.

And what does this have to do with the fact that you were required to wear a uniform to school?

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Thanks, Imam, for your learned discourse on what Islam does and does not require. A good thing that there's unanimity on this issue in the Muslim community. Otherwise I might doubt what you say.

And what does this have to do with the fact that you were required to wear a uniform to school?

LOL. There is no Islamic requirement for French students in a public school to wear an abaya.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. There is no Islamic requirement for French students in a public school to wear an abaya.

It's a good thing that religion is scientifically based and not based on beliefs and interpretation. If that were the case, your point would be unproveable.

• Confused 1

Just now, placeholder said:

It's a good thing that religion is scientifically based and not based on beliefs and interpretation. If that were the case, your point would be unproveable.

I have no idea what that means.

I'll provide a link for proof as you like those.

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-83582-8_16

Most of us grow up assuming that the Qur’an stipulates that women must cover their hair and wear clothing that covers all skin except for the face, hands and feet. Yet there is no dress code whatsoever for either men or women beyond covering their private parts (and there is no ambiguity whatsoever in the Qur’an about what those are).

• Thumbs Up 1