France to ban female students from wearing abayas in state schools

Social Media

20 hours ago, placnx said:

Really? Last time I went there - no baggage inspection.

I guess times change. One poor guy got into a whole heap of trouble for taking liqueur chocolates in.

I was help up for ages while they viewed a perfectly non offensive vdo tape that they found in my bag.

On 8/30/2023 at 5:58 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

Many/Most Muslims  immigrants arrived in France in the 1970s and so that means that the Muslim School Children of today, PROBABLY were born in France 

Most people wearing hijab that I see on the Metro in Paris seem to be locals, not some recently arrived Muslims. Over about the past two decades it has become more common to see women wearing hijab. It's probably a trend toward conservatism.

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You can quite easily tell by their accents ,

I did not know that you can see an accent!

You said in your previous BS  post that "Most people wearing hijab that I see on the Metro in Paris seem to be locals, not some recently arrived Muslims"!

And of course you know that these "New/old arrivals were all born outside/inside of the French (ex) controlled African (Muslim) countries!

So you claim you can tell the difference between a French speaking Muslim born in France and one born in Tunisia a generation apart?

BS!

:post-4641-1156693976:

12 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

You said in your previous BS  post that "Most people wearing hijab that I see on the Metro in Paris seem to be locals, not some recently arrived Muslims"!

And of course you know that these "New/old arrivals were all born outside/inside of the French (ex) controlled African (Muslim) countries!

So you claim you can tell the difference between a French speaking Muslim born in France and one born in Tunisia a generation apart?

BS!

I will not speak with you if you keep writing "BS" in your replies. 

OK .

Learn some manners first and then come back to talk 

41 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I will not speak with you if you keep writing "BS" in your replies. 

OK .

Learn some manners first and then come back to talk 

I suggest you re-read my last post!

I did not keep a "BS" in my last response to your last  BS post!

But if that is tour intention then I will keep putting "BS" to all your "BS" responses as you never give any real non "BS" answers anyway!

Given that polite message would you care to respond, in a non BS way, if possible (????), to my previous statement/question?  

PS;  BTW people do not talk on forums they type or communicate and in most cases with common sense and and understandable responses.  I of course make an exception in your case!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

In that case I will keep putting "BS" to all your "BS" responses as you never give any real non "BS" answers anyway!

Given that polite message would you care to respond, in a non BS way, if possible, to my previous statement/question?  

PS;  BTW people do not talk on forums they type or communicate and in most cases with common sense and and understandable responses.  I of course make an exception in your case!

Pleas don't reply to anymore , thanks .

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

BS!

Don't blame Nick for that comment. He was only quoting me. I lived long enough in Paris to see the change in generations - between immigrants and descendants.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Update 

French state schools turn away dozens of girls wearing Muslim abaya dress

The French education minister has said that nearly 300 pupils arrived at school on Monday wearing the abaya, the long Muslim robe which was banned in schools last week.

Most of the girls agreed to change into other clothes.

According to official figures, 298 girls - mainly aged 15 or more - turned up at school in the banned garment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66716533

Some Christian and Jewish children of North African roots should show up at school in abayas to express solidarity with the victims of racial discrimination.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, mikeymike100 said:

Its not 'racial discrimination'????

Islam,  is not a 'race'

Before commenting it would be better to learn about politics in France. This is all about the threat from the far right, i.e. Marine Le Pen and even worse. She is currently leading to the polls.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Muslims have taken over Europe

At less than 1% of the population that's hardly a threat - added to that the Turks are as different to ME or NA Muslims.

45 minutes ago, placnx said:

Before commenting it would be better to learn about politics in France.

He's right though - Islam isn't a race and how is this a threat from the French far right?

• Thumbs Up 1