Two People Die in Pattaya Car Crash After Trying to Avoid Street Dog

snoop1130

S__28860446-696x391.jpg

A pickup truck crashed into a power pole in Pattaya after swerving to avoid a stray dog that ran in front of it. The crash killed two people instantly.

The tragic accident occurred on Thursday, August 31st, on Huay Yai Road in the Huay Yai area of Banglamung District, Chonburi Province. Police, The Pattaya News, and a rescue unit rushed to the scene after being alerted to the mishap at 03:30 AM.

They found a bronze Isuzu D-Max pickup truck had crashed into a local convenience store by the roadside. The store and the car were significantly damaged and were surrounded by merchandise and car parts.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/08/31/two-people-die-in-pattaya-car-crash-after-trying-to-avoid-street-dog/

-- The Pattaya News 2023-08-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

At 3:30am its quite likely the driver was drunk and over-reacted to the dog in the road.

Speed was also certainly involved (there's also a video doing the rounds on Thai social medial which shows the incident).

Link ? I agree. The chassis of the truck is a diamond shape. That was a hard hit

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Insane speed in town and the street dogs are to blame, or brake failure, or wet streets and and..... but never the driver.....this is Thai style! The driver is dead and can no longer be held accountable for the shopkeeper's murder:coffee1:

Edited by ujayujay
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

rode my mbike from CR to CM last week thru 118 and the mountains....just my instinct kicks in as id see plenty of dogs in the road looking at me as i honk and yell at them slack jawed,,,,

and for some reasons thai drivers want to get right next to me when i approach these dogs!

did see a black bear that seemed to make an attempt to cross the road...didnt make it tho...

48 minutes ago, circa02 said:

Indeed, entering rainy season now, and just like last year, we'll see the Thais wading through flooded Bangkok side roads with filthy watering splashing on to their precious covid forever masks. ???? Meanwhile trash flowing into the street as bins fall over with the water, rats swimming for higher ground, and stray dogs ready to go for the next motorbike isn't an issue. Just have to laugh at the insanity of it all.

The street dogs are a problem, they are a real danger, just today I seen three stray dogs chasing the lazada guy who nearly came off his bike. No one is saying the driver isn't at fault too, but some real action needs to be taken with the stray dogs.

i just stop on my mbike and bike..and the dogs seem disappointed as they stop too...i make a run at them and they are like wtf!??  not expecting me to flip the script on em! dogs being dogs esp with pack mentality