Trump tells Glenn Beck he’d ‘lock up’ political opponents if reelected

Social Media

4 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

What does that mean?

Who or what is "80% on ignore" and the 80% is of what?

Might big nok mean that he has 80% of the posters on ignore and so does not see their comments?  

If true, then he has pretty big blinders on.  

be wearing blinders

idiom US (UK be wearing blinkers)

to be able only to see things one way and unwilling or unable to consider other possibilities
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

Might big nok mean that he has 80% of the posters on ignore and so does not see their comments?  

If true, then he has pretty big blinders on.  

be wearing blinders

idiom US (UK be wearing blinkers)

to be able only to see things one way and unwilling or unable to consider other possibilities

I put the lefty hacks on ignore. They say the same things 500 times a week.

8 hours ago, radiochaser said:

I know a little about the Ignore list but I just wonder how the idiot gets the figure of 80%.  If people are on an ignore list I assume you do not know they have posted therefore what is the 80% of?

I assume it is just another "fact" pluck from thin air just like all it's other posts!

Will Trump go after locking up the increasing numbers of Republicans who don't agree with him that this is weaponization of the DOJ?

In rejecting an effort to target Trump prosecutor Fani Willis, the Georgia governor undercut the GOP’s whole ‘weaponization’ push.

The Georgia governor went on to admonish the conspiratorial and increasingly punitive segment of his party, continuing a trend of Georgia Republicans like him standing up to that element in a way that others haven’t.
Kemp seriously undercut both Trump and the GOP’s continual unsubstantiated claims of the “weaponization” of the government.
“Up to this point, I have not seen any evidence that DA Willis’ actions or lack thereof warrant action by the prosecuting attorney oversight commission,” Kemp said Thursday. He added, “As long as I am governor, we’re going to follow the law and the Constitution, regardless of who it helps or harms politically.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/09/01/kemp-willis-special-session/

https://archive.ph/pdaxV

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ozimoron said:

It did happen and it encouraged Putin to embark on a path to invade Ukraine in the expectation that Trump would get to serve another term. When that didn't happen it was too late to change course without Putin looking weak.

Well, not only does Putin look weak, but we all realized he is not particularly intelligent either, and that his country is a broken down mess of a nation. Without it's oil and gas, it would be a rather unimpressive economy. Even with all those resources, the economy is small, considering the size of the country. Just behind South Korea. And half of all exports are oil and gas.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, not only does Putin look weak, but we all realized he is not particularly intelligent either, and that his country is a broken down mess of a nation. Without it's oil and gas, it would be a rather unimpressive economy. Even with all those resources, the economy is small, considering the size of the country. Just behind South Korea. And half of all exports are oil and gas.

The more powerful they get the more autocratic they become. I prefer a president who listens to advisors.

• Like 1

Erroneous title apparently intended to cast trump in a bad light.

According to the article he said he'd prosecute them, which is not the same thing.

From the OP

"Former President Trump told conservative media personality Glenn Beck he would prosecute his political enemies if elected president again.

Is it the contention that he would be the jury that decides if they were guilty?

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Erroneous title apparently intended to cast trump in a bad light.

According to the article he said he'd prosecute them, which is not the same thing.

From the OP

"Former President Trump told conservative media personality Glenn Beck he would prosecute his political enemies if elected president again.

Is it the contention that he would be the jury that decides if they were guilty?

What's he going to prosecute them for?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

I don't have a high opinion of Gov Kemp, but at least he puts country before party.  Or perhaps he recognizes that the current Republican Party is a dangerous cult of personality and wants nothing to do with it.

There are several lifelong repubs who have had the gonads to stand up and tell the truth....almost all of the witnesses in the 91 felony counts are ex trumpers as well as a few others who have belatedly grown a spine...it is not an easy thing to do as they are certainly aware that the deranged maga cult will put them in crosshairs with all kinds of death threats for them and their families.....and most repubs will say nothing as they are complete and total cowards.  How sad as i suspect most of them know full well how evil trump is but of course to stand up to him requires a real LEADER and not some chickensxxt like little lymp "I'm done with trump" lyndsey graham.  I actually remember a time when many republicans prided themselves as strong men with morals...now they are sniveling cult members.

• Like 2

The words of Adam Schiff have never been more relevant.

There is no secrecy with the former president, he says quiet clearly what he is going to do, and millions will vote for that, and millions more will somehow be surprised by his actions

Adam Schiff used his closing arguments in the president's impeachment trial on Monday to urge the Senate to take a stand against "a man without character." "We must say enough — enough! He has betrayed our national security, and he will do so again," Schiff, D-Calif., told the Senate.Feb 3, 2020

• Confused 1

On 9/1/2023 at 12:28 PM, bignok said:

I put the lefty hacks on ignore. They say the same things 500 times a week.

Well, if someone keeps telling you the same thing every time, then I can understand that. 

If only putting someone on ignore, would keep them from repeating the same thing over and over again!