Intoxicated British Man Beaten by Two Thai Men in Pattaya

webfact

9 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

As a Brit I am not going to defend a drunk Brit abroad. They are an embarrassment to themselves and the country they are from but I have seen many drunk Thais going around our village and they are dealt with so well by the locals in the main. These cowards really do hunt in packs don't they and worse still run when the Police arrive. Why I always stay armed with something in this country just in case some anti foreigner gang decides I am an easy target. Having said that this country is still way less violent than the UK. The UK is lost. 

Rubbish - I’m perfectly happy living there 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Bless you.

Often. Opportunist thefts. Pick pockets. Dual pricing. Scams specifically targetting foregingers. None of which negates the fact I chose to live here for the many positives.

So do I.

Neither have I.

None of the above means that is was right for the locals to potentially kill him. I already wrote that the Brit was a muppet and was asking for it. He deserved to be put in his place. He did not deserve to be almost killed. If you think he did deserve to be killed then you've probably lived here too long.

Dude are you serious?  Where did I say he deserved to be killed?  As I said, you have  no clue.  Yes, he deserved the ass whipping he got.  Simple, mind your own business in Thailand.  Do not mess with locals and do not try to think that you can change how they live here.  If they want to drink at 5 am, so what?  And, every country have scammers, so what is your point?  

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

Dude are you serious?

Yes, dude.

Where did I say he deserved to be killed?

You didn't directly. BUT... after knowing that they'd almost killed him (and might still have), you posted that you're sorry to hear that they might be in any kind of trouble and offered to help pay towards their legal bills. Not once have you suggested that they might have gone too far. Pretty much the opposite. We're talking about 2 human beings that over reacted to a total idiot, not to a caged lion. You seem to be defending the latter.

And, every country have scammers, so what is your point?

Because you asked me! "Do you see Thais messing with us Tourists?" was your question and I answered it. Whether the same happens in other countries is besides the point. If you don't want the answer, why ask the question?

You seems to think that Thais being the locals are above the law when it comes to ANYTHING related to interaction with a foreigner. Often that is what happens in reality, but if you think that is right then what can I say....

You seem to equate me not agreeing with some of the things going on in LoS with me not knowing some of the things going on in LoS. There is a huge difference.

Again, the Brit was a total muppet. He was asking for what he got. That doesn't mean that these 2 Thais should have given it to him. The Brit deserving to be punished does not mean the Thais don't deserve theirs too.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, London Lowf said:

Let the Thai-bashing begin, but before you do maybe the guy deserved it?

Maybe he was giving the Thai guys trouble?

Maybe he stole from the store and abused the staff?

Maybe he was assaulting female customers as they went in or out of the store?

I'm a Brit and I can assure you that many cannot hold their booze and become downright obnoxious after a few. When they get to a free and easy place like Thailand they completely lose it.

A very intelligent and well-educated guy I worked with many years ago explained that you can reason with the vast majority of people that are mis-behaving, but there are a few that only understand one thing, and that is a smack in the mouth!

Only a dullard replies “confused” to this post. 

• Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zapitapi said:

beating was too much.. a little push ok.. but that kind of clobbering is too much

In his drunken state, how do we know it wasn't 1-2 "normal" punches that caused him to stumble/fall face first to the ground, ala K.O. style?

24 minutes ago, bbko said:

In his drunken state, how do we know it wasn't 1-2 "normal" punches that caused him to stumble/fall face first to the ground, ala K.O. style?

5 minutes ago, Datsun 1200 said:
24 minutes ago, bbko said:

Hello!! It was 5.10am, who is drinking "normally" at 5.10am? Probably all concerned were drinking all night and there was a big fight. Even FOX would not think this is news!

IH

Quitely spoken lad! 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hummin said:

Being a armed  dead drunk in Thailand sounds like a dissaster! If not drunk, no weapons needed anyplace in Thailand. The risk of being jumped on is almost zero, unless you are to stupid to understand whats going on around you. And if you live in a neighboorhood full of yaba heads, move! 

Simple as that

Sorry I don't drink. 

9 hours ago, kwak250 said:

This is very bad advice.

Beng drunk and armed with something, and you use that something on someone will end up way worse off maybe prison.

Best advice if you think you a bt of a twa7 when drunk maybe go home before 5am

And don't try starting fights with groups of locals when your a fat fuc on your own

I don't drink. Except coffee

5 hours ago, Woof999 said:

Often. Opportunist thefts. Pick pockets. Dual pricing. Scams specifically targetting foregingers. None of which negates the fact I chose to live here for the many positives.

You see this often, Where do you live ?