US English teacher arrested for sexual relation with 16 y/o student

webfact

4 hours ago, Celsius said:

His bird?

She is 16 years old.

The funny part no one is mentioning here us that this attention seeking clown is American. He may actually get off lightly in Thailand, but when he is back in US he will receive Epstein treatment.

Sad but true. 

8 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

For those of you who cannot get a handle on Google...

What is the Thailand Age of Consent?

The Age of Consent in Thailand is 15 years old. The age of consent is the minimum age at which an individual is considered legally old enough to consent to participation in sexual activity. Individuals aged 14 or younger in Thailand are not legally able to consent to sexual activity, and such activity may result in prosecution for statutory rape or the equivalent local law.

Thailand statutory rape law is violated when an individual has consensual sexual intercourse with a person under age 15. However, sex with a minor under age 18 is a compoundable offense, regardless of consent.

Thailand does not have a close-in-age exemption. Close in age exemptions, commonly known as "Romeo and Juliet laws" in the United States, are put in place to prevent the prosecution of individuals who engage in consensual sexual activity when both participants are significantly close in age to each other, and one or both partners are below the age of consent.

Because there is no close-in-age exemption in Thailand, it is possible for two individuals both under the age of 15 who willingly engage in intercourse to both be prosecuted for statutory rape, although this is rare. Similarly, no protections are reserved for sexual relations in which one participant is a 14 year old and the second is a 15 or 16 year old.

Raping each other. Only Thailand could come up with such a law.

1 minute ago, JMonroe said:

According to Coconuts, the girl's mother said he gave her daughter an STI. And, a supervisor at another school said the teacher was forced to resign after several instances of inappropriate remarks and interactions with students.

I think a link should be posted in that case....????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

No-one has mentioned this guy’s reputation as a bit of a predator. It’s been dredged up on other reports. He’s previously been reprimanded over other student relationships and posting inappropriate photos etc on social media.  Attention-seeker syndrome. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Bim Smith said:

Normal? Does he look 16 to you. I question your suitability to be outside a prison wall. 

I think you don't have to judge me.. There is a difference if the teacher is 23 and the girl is 16 maybe soon even 17.... in normal life it would not be a big problem. But now he is a teacher and it is a problem.. she is not underage but a minor and besides that it would be very different if the teacher was your age.. Old man with kids should be in jail...

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, retarius said:

I am well aware of what paedophila is. It is a psychiatric term that came in to popular usage. It is defined differently by psychiatrists and in the law and popular usage.

Psychiatry defines it as a mental illness where there is sole sexual interest in pre-pubertal children. It is not a crime, unless the fantasies are acted upon.

Common popular usage in the MSM and elsewhere, defines it as sex with minors below the age of majority. Age of majority varies from country to country. In the UK it is 16, in the US it is 18 and in Thailand I believe it is 20.

The guy is American, it is a crime in the US for a US citizen to have sex with a minor. The crime is statutory rape and carries a seven years sentence. They are aka sex pests and have to report to the police where they are living or sign the sex offenders register. The crime is often popularly referred to as pedophilia and the convicts are referred to as pedos or pedophiles, and this includes anyone having sex with minors irrespective of whether the minor was pre-pubertal.

A nuanced post to deflate the pedants. If he paid for sex with a minor overseas it is definitely a crime referable to prosecution in the US after he serves whatever punishment in Thailand is meted out. Not sure about this kind of thing but he surely deserves state/Federal  prison (not fun place for these monsters) lifetime sex offender registry, and hopefully permanent revocation of  passport as an international threat to the safety of children.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, JMonroe said:

Doesn't every English teacher in Thailand sleep with 16-year-olds (and younger) and spend their entire salaries on beer? He probably didn't pay someone at his school some tea money for something or failed some hi-so student.

No.  You're fantasising!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, transam said:

Well his bird doesn't think so...............:coffee1:

If his 'bird' has told her parents and they took action against him against him, then she obviously doesn't think as highly of him as you surmise. I hope the guy being her teacher has the book thrown at him. Get sick of these influencers making big bucks out of bugger all.  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I was a teacher here for 25 years and this kind of thing, or worse, happened quite often, usually girls around M2/3, which is 13/14 years old. 

I teach that age group. If a girl would try touching me like that, I'd politely decline and tell her she shouldn't do that to anyone, let alone her 40+ year old male farang teacher.

• Thumbs Up 1