US English teacher arrested for sexual relation with 16 y/o student

webfact

15 hours ago, ezzra said:

You really had to made out of stone to resist some young attractive things throwing themselves at you, i know i too, would have problems with it, against the law or not, pity though that his life now are ruined.

I agree, not sure I could resist some of those young attractive young ladies either,  I thought in Thailand, 16 was of legal age? 

If no laws were broken or abuse mentioned by the Sao som noi, no 

problems !If it turns out he physically molested or intimidated her intentionally ,than by all means , he must be punished!

Imop

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

Bignok thinks “It can’t be me that’s wrong, it must be everybody else”

I think Psychiatrists have a term for that…

Yeah...Donald Trump

Wouldn't surprise me a whit if "samong nok yai" was a Trumpster Trumpeter. ???? ????

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You believe wrong, age of consent in Thailand is 15.

Guy was charged with taking her from her parents without their permission, not for having sex with her.

At 16 he could have legally banged her as much as he wanted, as long as she didn't 'sleep over'.

So if a farang bangs an 18 yr old or 19 yr old can he get into trouble for this?

16 hours ago, retarius said:

I am well aware of what paedophila is. It is a psychiatric term that came in to popular usage. It is defined differently by psychiatrists and in the law and popular usage.

Psychiatry defines it as a mental illness where there is sole sexual interest in pre-pubertal children. It is not a crime, unless the fantasies are acted upon.

Common popular usage in the MSM and elsewhere, defines it as sex with minors below the age of majority. Age of majority varies from country to country. In the UK it is 16, in the US it is 18 and in Thailand I believe it is 20.

The guy is American, it is a crime in the US for a US citizen to have sex with a minor. The crime is statutory rape and carries a seven years sentence. They are aka sex pests and have to report to the police where they are living or sign the sex offenders register. The crime is often popularly referred to as pedophilia and the convicts are referred to as pedos or pedophiles, and this includes anyone having sex with minors irrespective of whether the minor was pre-pubertal.

Oh, you seem to know what you're talking about then. Fish out of water here. 

6 hours ago, RobU said:

I believe similar rules apply in the UK if both parties are under the age of consent the eldest is offered a police caution and placed on the sex offenders register. However if the caution is refused the case goes to court and the 'offender' is usually NOT placed on the register. Police and social workers usually push hard for a caution especially if the eldest is a boy

Unless youre a Gypsie or similar.  Police leave them alone, I remember being a bit shocked in a Thai restaurant in UK when I saw a girl who looked about 13 getting it on after a meal with an older boy.  I was told they came in every week, paid for a decent meal early door and were in a secluded area.  It seems acceptable in their communities.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, transam said:

I thought it was, 2 blokes, both with todgers, and both had "friendships" with females of the same age..............????

The proof the one bloke has not a todge what apparently whelped two fine sons from Horsey face, that look nothing like each other "for some reason".

9 hours ago, jayboy said:

I think this was the point being made.It's a very common error though it's not one made in the courts by judges. A 23 year old (or any age for that matter) having a sexual liaison with a 16 year old is committing an illegal act in most jurisdictions but it is not pedophilia.It doesn't matter what it is popularly referred to.

Not anywhere in Europe.

America is not the world!

8 hours ago, khaowong1 said:

I agree, not sure I could resist some of those young attractive young ladies either,  I thought in Thailand, 16 was of legal age? 

15 is the legal age of consent in Thailand, but some parental property rights last longer, which is why this guy is in trouble.

13 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I gonna have to agree with my exp living here....sad but true as im reminded daily

Yes very common drop out of school get pregnant and vote for the military party.  Then look at me and tell me I was right when I said no babies . 

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

15 is the legal age of consent in Thailand, but some parental property rights last longer, which is why this guy is in trouble.

Actually, what they appear to have charged this bozo with is an offence under Section 319 of the Criminal Code. The Thai language news articles all include the phrase "pheu karn anajarn" - "for indecent purposes" - to describe the alleged offence: 

Section 319. Sexual Trafficking

Whoever, takes away a minor over fifteen years of age but not yet over eighteen years of age from the parent, guardian or person looking after such minor for lucre or indecent purpose with the consent of such minor, shall be punished with imprisonment of two to ten years and fined of four thousand to twenty thousand Baht ...

https://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/criminal-code-trafficking-sections-319-321/

He's in deep. Banging a teen over the age of consent but under the age of 18 carries the risk of serious legal consequences. 

I could mention Prince Andrew but that would be off topic ...

11 hours ago, bignok said:

Normal people dont google creepy stuff like that. People google things of interest like bus station, hotels, banks. You google child sex stuff. That is unusual.

Actually it's a good idea to be aware of legal definitions and educating yourself about the law is recommended.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

16 is the legal age of consent in the UK, but a teacher sleeping with a student under 18 would be illegal.

15 in France,

I remember the Brit schoolteacher that took a 15yo student to France and had sex.

Couldn't get him for sex with a minor as the French said it was OK.

Got him the same as this guy, for abducting her from her parents.

He did some jail time. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Is this poof in jail yet?

Poof is a derogatory term for a homosexual man.

My music teacher at school was called Poofe Cooke, and for good reason, whilst I don't think he ever did anything to boys, he certainly enjoyed putting them over his knee and spanking their bums, the excitement was plain on his face.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Would be out on bail by now.

Indeed he is.

Mr Luke, an American English teacher & TikTok celeb with 1.3 million followers, was granted bail by Southern Bangkok Criminal Court Mon in the case of child abuse of a 16-year-old with a bail price of 100K bt & prohibited from leaving Thailand unless authorised by the court.

9 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Indeed he is.

Mr Luke, an American English teacher & TikTok celeb with 1.3 million followers, was granted bail by Southern Bangkok Criminal Court Mon in the case of child abuse of a 16-year-old with a bail price of 100K bt & prohibited from leaving Thailand unless authorised by the court.

Normally they set bail much higher than the likely fine.

I'm guessing he'll be fined 30k-60kbht, then deported.

Edited by BritManToo

21 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

If he is brought back to America, he may have to do Federal Prison time, which is hell on earth for Child Predators.  Seriously, his journey of pain has just started.

And he deserves every punishment the Lifers will bring on him when he is sent to the Big House.

The challenge he would have is that he was a teacher having a relationship with a student.  There is no other real crime.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, alexlm said:

Raping each other. Only Thailand could come up with such a law.

They are not raping each other. In most cases, the sex between partners in their teens is consensual even though it may have had peer pressure.

BTW, before talking about Thailand it is important that we look at our own countries.  Teens having sex at an early age isn't uncommon.  Hell, the U.S. and U.K. have created TV shows about it,

• Like 1
  • Confused 1