I have not been to Pattaya in nearly 20 years. Tell me what I should do when I visit next month.

Adumbration

2 hours ago, Shop mak said:

Girls. Nightlife. Food. No 5 star. Got you.

Huge changes last 20 years. Traffic is horrible even now in low season.

Ladies are way chubbier than 20 years ago.

St and lt was B500 then, you lucky if you find B1,000 for st now, unless you walk on beach road.

LT was the norm 20 years ago, today most only go ST, unless you offer 2,5k+. Massage shops and weed shops has replaced many 7-11.

Good dinner restaurants behind Kiss restaurant, across from Mike shopping mall, second rd and soi Diana.

Budget mode: Kiss restaurant B100-200.

Food lover: all other restaurant behind Kiss restaurant, typically 500-1000. Beefeather Steakhouse #1, check reviews. 4 star $$$$ though. Worth it.

You speak thai, eat cheap thai breakfast less than B100 sold most places soi Buakhao. Or the many proper restaurants same soi B100-150.

Meeting ladies daytime are mostly online, beach road are mostly a miss daytime until dark. 7pm until 3am peak time for action there.

Dating site like Thaifriendly for daytime meetings. Inflation also online, st 1200++ but quality can be very good. Book very early.

Soi Honey off soi Buakhao, can be good for a pop-in quickie any time they're open.

Stay in the thick of it:

Any hotel near Soi Buakhao area, also for girls and nightlife, Tree Town area across from McDonalds.

Like slim girls? Choose early, after 7-9pm mostly only chubby 65kilo++ available.

Like mature women 40+ with a extra padding?

They are in majority, all bars full of older big ladies.

Like it hardcore? Sure you still remember soi 6, laidback afternoons, really get going by sunset 7pm.

All expences 2,500+ per day, budget hotel, 3 meals, st lady, excluding alcohol and transportation. Want to shrink this budget? find a B400 day guesthouse.

Welcome back.

Thanks for your good humored post.  I still visit friends in Phuket from time to time and so I have my finger on the pulse regarding costs for P4P.  But I have never been back to Patts.

Back then I remember one venue that at about 7 or 8pm would parade all the girls (dozens of them) out in congo line fashion.  I was very drunk at the time and was taken there by a Dutch guy that I met at my hotel and was drinking with.  It was kind of a timber open air venue I think.  And it must of been within walking distance of soi Bukao because I remember my hotel was somewhere there abouts.  Does anyone know what bar that would have been and if there is anything still like it operating nowadays.

The girls in the congo line where beating drums and other instruments like savages.......

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Things have really changed. 20 years ago, a couple of Thai words or phrases would get applause from Thai girls, but nowadays, tell them you can speak Thai and/or live here, and they will instantaneously lose interest in you...

Yes. What you say is absolutely true.  I know this first hand from visiting bars with my friends in Phuket.  

Farang lue tuk yang mai dee

2nd vote for Areca Lodge, great location, great hotel and close to most things you'll want.  Agree with others who say it isn't what it was 20 (ok, 17) years ago.  But then, where in the world is?

Its probably the closest you'll get to Sodom and Gomorrah these days.. enjoy! 

9 hours ago, Adumbration said:

I am from Oz.  But I have traveled my whole life and been to 65 countries.

Talk about an endorsement for Pattaya. I suppose you're comparing your experiences from 20 years ago, but I've been here for almost 20 years and prefer it now.

• Thumbs Up 1

For a inexpensive and tasty one-plate meal in the centre, I can suggest Leng Kee restaurant in Pattaya Klang near the entrance to Soi Bua Khao, for their Duck with rice plate; (80 baht regular, 100 baht large) and their Pad Kraprow with duck at the same price point. Then head east up Pattaya Klang for a sit down Mango and Sticky Rice dessert at Mae Sai Thong: Mae Sai Thong  

The walk in between also offers some of the least expensive massage places, along with some on Soi Bua Khao. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Trippy said:

Stay at Areca lodge. The great bars, go-go's, gentlemens clubs, great restaurants and massage is all within a 2-10 minute walk. 

Seconded, always use that place. And a liberal approach to companions. Couple of nice pools if one needs to relax for an hour or so between adventures. The old locations of the soi 13s and soi 7/8 are dead. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Seconded, always use that place. And a liberal approach to companions. Couple of nice pools if one needs to relax for an hour or so between adventures. The old locations of the soi 13s and soi 7/8 are dead. 

I think you are mistaken about the Soi 13s. Aren’t there up to five of them? I think Soi Yamato and Soi Post Office still have a fair bit going on. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, blackshadow said:

good buffet brekkie has good swim pools too

Be interested in when you had breakfast at the Areca Lodge only I thought it was very poor, but like somebody already posted, this was during Covid so might have just been because there were very few people staying there at that time. 

Great hotel though & one I recommend to all of my friends when they visit Pattaya & want to be "Near The Action".

Another alternative would be a condo in View Talay 6, which can be rented for short stays (i.e. doesn't have to be >30 days) from https://www.dancewatchers.com/  or https://www.honeyscoffeehouse.com/ 

9 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Talk about an endorsement for Pattaya. I suppose you're comparing your experiences from 20 years ago, but I've been here for almost 20 years and prefer it now.

When visiting Patts I will also be making my own assessment of how it has evolved.  That is another reason for my trip.

From my personal observations over the years, Phuket is now an abhorent place.  All but a few of my friends there have already left.  But I regularly visit Phuket to buy medicines and so I have observed the degredation of lifestyle there first hand.

I am interested to view first hand what has happened to Patts, especially the girls, their appearance and demeanor.  I am confident I will be surely dissapointed.  But I like to experience things first hand, so that my subsequent opinion is my own, and not someone elses borrowed from the internet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Thank to everyone for you input.

However no mention of any bars, clubs or night venues yet?

Would like some up to date information if that is available.

What is someone's idea of a great bar would be another's rubbish place.

Take your time, look around, WALK, sit and look before moving in.

You've got all night, remember.

I wouldn't bother with any clubs. At least in the bars it's lit well enough to have an idea of what they look like.

22 hours ago, Adumbration said:

I am from Oz.  But I have traveled my whole life and been to 65 countries.

I will eat any food that is fresh well cooked and well presented.

I personally like no name type restaurants that are always busy not because of location or decor but because they serve good food at reasonable prices.

Happy for any restaurant suggestions in Patts.

Kiss Food & Drinks 2 Second Road

https://goo.gl/maps/KKrNT12YLZAYeZHM9

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Sportsman for breakfast, Das Berliner for lunch, Patrick's for dinner ????

Stay at the Avani, it has a nice pool with a swim up bar, although it is a bit exxy.

How much is the joiner fee at Avani these days?

1 minute ago, Trippy said:

How much is the joiner fee at Avani these days?

No idea, I'm too poor to stay there now that they've dispensed with the Covid specials. The OP talks a good game in his other threads so I assumed he was loaded and could afford the extra grand or so for the 'joiner' extortion.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Adumbration said:

When visiting Patts I will also be making my own assessment of how it has evolved.  That is another reason for my trip.

From my personal observations over the years, Phuket is now an abhorent place.  All but a few of my friends there have already left.  But I regularly visit Phuket to buy medicines and so I have observed the degredation of lifestyle there first hand.

I am interested to view first hand what has happened to Patts, especially the girls, their appearance and demeanor.  I am confident I will be surely dissapointed.  But I like to experience things first hand, so that my subsequent opinion is my own, and not someone elses borrowed from the internet.

Phuket looks ok to me. Samui is another.

1 minute ago, bignok said:

Thats good. Pattaya keeps the chavs in one spot.

Thanks for calling me young. ????

What is a chav in British slang?

British Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a young person who wears fashionable sportswear or flashy jewelry but is regarded as badly behaved or as having lower-class taste.

1 minute ago, Trippy said:

Thanks for calling me young. ????

What is a chav in British slang?

British Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a young person who wears fashionable sportswear or flashy jewelry but is regarded as badly behaved or as having lower-class taste.

Mai pen rai

• Haha 1