Would you cover for your grandson?

georgegeorgia

Would you lie for your kids?

Would you cover up for them?

You know this case got me thinking about morals .

Last night I was watching the News in Sydney to see a alleged case of a car with teenagers in it last weekend high speed and crash into another car killing the 2 people inside.

Video footage of it by bystanders see the 3 teenagers get out of the crashed car and run off leaving the dying people inside the car they hit 

Now the car driven by the teenagers was apparently the Grandad's car 

Next watching the news a elderly man with a walking stick is arrested by police ,they allege he is the grandfather of the teenager responsible for driving the car that killed the people and he was arrested because he claimed it was STOLEN by someone and his grandson was with him when this accident happened, effectively lying for his grandson.

Now as he was leaving the court the reporter said to him ..."don't you have any morals ?

Now it got me thinking , I don't blame him , I would possibly lie to protect my son or grandson too 

How far would you go ....you don't know , but you would I guess ,we all would,I don't blame him ,he seemed to be a hurt man 

Aren't you disappointed in your grand son asked the reporter when the old was leaving court looking sad 

Some of you won't even leave to move to Thailand because of your children 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

I never had or wanted children. I thought about leaving a comment but then I thought again. I don't know because I never was in a situation even remotely like this. 

Sometimes we all lie to "help" other people. It's human nature to "protect" the own family and tribe. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On the other hand, when I was babysitting for my lord-lovin' in-laws, I caught the 2 sons in a position that may or may not be in the range of the number 69.

So I def covered for them for that. And I urged them to go away for college. 

Were that to happen today with that Trump Trash youth, I'd be hard pressed not to start wailing:

"Try that in a small towwwwn".

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Now it got me thinking , I don't blame him , I would possibly lie to protect my son or grandson too 

How far would you go ....you don't know , but you would I guess ,we all would,I don't blame him ,he seemed to be a hurt man 

I have morals, I'd tell the police he stole my car and is probably guilty.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Would you lie for your kids?

Would you cover up for them?

You know this case got me thinking about morals .

Last night I was watching the News in Sydney to see a alleged case of a car with teenagers in it last weekend high speed and crash into another car killing the 2 people inside.

Video footage of it by bystanders see the 3 teenagers get out of the crashed car and run off leaving the dying people inside the car they hit 

Now the car driven by the teenagers was apparently the Grandad's car 

Next watching the news a elderly man with a walking stick is arrested by police ,they allege he is the grandfather of the teenager responsible for driving the car that killed the people and he was arrested because he claimed it was STOLEN by someone and his grandson was with him when this accident happened, effectively lying for his grandson.

Now as he was leaving the court the reporter said to him ..."don't you have any morals ?

Aren't you disappointed in your grand son asked the reporter when the old was leaving court looking sad 

Some of you won't even leave to move to Thailand because of your children 

Fortunately (or due to birth control) I don't have any children in the West. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

It's a tough question and one that couldn't possibly be answered until that tragic moment ever arrives. If you straight off say you definitely would not, then you don't have kids.

It's not a tough question at all. I would not and I have kids that I love, so that blows your argument to bits. And not only that, they know I wouldn't, to such an extent, they'd be astounded if I did.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Dan O said:

Thats bs.  I have 3 daughters and 6 grandchildren. If any if them killed someone I would stand by them and support them the best I could but would never lie or cover up what they had done. Most real parents wouldn't either. If you say you would lie in this situation then maybe thats the real root of the problem and you need to check your moral compass. 

No one knows what they'll do in tragic situations until they're confronted with that said situation is what I'm saying. Now you can take your moral compass and ............

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

No one knows what they'll do in tragic situations until they're confronted with that said situation is what I'm saying. Now you can take your moral compass and ............

Sorry that a lack of moral compass irritates you. Have a good day with yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

Depends on the circumstances.

Drugs are a concern, youngster get up to silly stuff.

I do my best to educate, but we can’t be there to watch our kids all the time. 

We’re a while away yet, but at some point my son will want to go out with his mates at night. 

If he were caught with drugs or as part of a group some of whom had drugs etc and was facing charges, I’d do everything in my power to get him out, that means pulling strings, getting him on a flight that night etc (depending on severity etc).

In the circumstance described in the Op, I’d certainly not lie or perjure myself, but I’d pull strings to ensure leniency assuming I haven’t failed as a parent & he’s a lost cause already. But really, if my son ever behaved like that in the future, it’s because I’ve failed as a parent today.

Our job of course is to do a good enough job as parents to ensure these things don’t happen. I’d like to think that IF anything horrific were to happen it is a pure accident and I’d do whatever I can legally to assist him (things like DUI etc are not an accidents).

39 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You’re convinced that you’d be such a poor parent that there is a strong probability your offspring would kill someone ????

Me? Def. But only theoretically.

Were I ever legally stuck supporting a child, I would have def hopped the first freight train out of town.

By letting women know that up front, who knows how many of my serial killer spawn the world has been spared?

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You’re convinced that you’d be such a poor parent that there is a strong probability your offspring would kill someone ????

My father was a terrible parent, and I probably was saved by being sent away to boarding school for most of my school years. We do as was done to us.

I would have been a terrible parent in my 20s to 50s.

Having learned a lot of life lessons by then, I would have been a really good parent in my 60s had I had one or two, but by then I had zero interest in being a parent.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I am happy to not have had any kids because they cost a lot of money and I don't need the government telling me how to bring them up.

I've never accepted the usual dictat that kids are special. I was never treated as special when I was one, and would not treat any that I was in charge of as special.

Perhaps in a quandary - to not speak against them to be the best ethical position in line with supporting family. Certainly, covering up makes you implicit in the crime or misdeed. I would imagine that you also open yourself up to police charges as you've made yourself vulnerable. Police could then pressure, go after you as a back door to solving the crime. The criminal or suspect then ends up perhaps even in a worse situation is that they never even knew you.

On 9/7/2023 at 7:34 AM, LaosLover said:

On the other hand, when I was babysitting for my lord-lovin' in-laws, I caught the 2 sons in a position that may or may not be in the range of the number 69.

So I def covered for them for that. And I urged them to go away for college. 

Were that to happen today with that Trump Trash youth, I'd be hard pressed not to start wailing:

"Try that in a small towwwwn".

Weirdo.

• Haha 1

I am one of the fortunate few to have had the outstanding good fortune of never having kids. But, I would likely cover for them, if it was a minor crime.

Causing an accident where people were killed? And fleeing from the scene of the crime? No way. Lock the creeps up. Good riddens.

Edited by spidermike007