Evisa application

Here is an oldish thread where the OP gives very detailed advice.

There is also couple of posts re a YouTube link for video instructions.

Cannot find it right now.

Will look tomorrow. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Looks like the Jpeg aspect of what I did was actually correct anyway as regards data page and photograph

Clearly something else was wrong pity they dont say what per se

Not of much comfort but my thinking of UK eVisa process includes all types of visas to Thailand.

By contrast I applied for SETV to Vietnam recently (being Oz require visa) ... absolute walk in the park. 

Few minutes to file application and approved in 5 business days.

Not much comfort to you but the eVisa system to countries such as UK has been introduced poorly at best

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not of much comfort but my thinking of UK eVisa process includes all types of visas to Thailand.

By contrast I applied for SETV to Vietnam recently (being Oz require visa) ... absolute walk in the park. 

Few minutes to file application and approved in 5 business days.

Not much comfort to you but the eVisa system to countries such as UK has been introduced poorly at best

I'll keep working at it and thanks for assistance

Absolute farce this is.... Seriously

If you havent done it previously you're in for a shock

The problem is that whilst the very first two documents requested (the passport data and seperate photograph) are "auto checked" by the Thai Embassy Website itself (and confirmed ok) all the rest is based on assumption

You hope you are submitting what is satisfactory. Asking for the Thai nationals ID who "invited" you to Thailand is as ludicrous as it sounds

I had submitted the airbnb details plus her name and receipts. That could have been the problem but again am not sure

I've resubmitted it with a load of other information that wasnt asked for per se but seemed sensible to add

Most ludicrous experience in 31 years of visiting Thailand.. 

TIT in the most extreme

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Most ludicrous experience in 31 years of visiting Thailand.

You are not alone.

The issue from what I have read is that there are fields that do not apply and folk have just submitted "not applicable" etc replies.

It's an issue and based on it being set up by Thai...nothing will change soon

• Like 2

@Chivas

What happens when you phone the Thai embassy in London?

I am asking because recently, there was a topic that led to strong suspicions that the operations of the visa section at that embassy was taken over by hackers and even phone calls were not answered. Something seems to be seriously awry there.

55 minutes ago, Maestro said:

@Chivas

What happens when you phone the Thai embassy in London?

I am asking because recently, there was a topic that led to strong suspicions that the operations of the visa section at that embassy was taken over by hackers and even phone calls were not answered. Something seems to be seriously awry there.

Up to now I hadnt phoned them but like you I'd seen reports of phone calls and Emails going unanswered

I suspect its just standard Thai incompetence and you know what they are like about losing face either on the phone or face to face

Will report back on this application as and when it progresses. Like the part when it was asking for Thai persons ID who had "invited me" it just wasnt possible to upload "not applicable" lol

It "wanted" a document to proceed each time.  Letter from the employer stating job etc ohh yeah I'm really going to ask for that lol....in the end I put retired and then it asked for the pension documents ????

Just ludicrous utterly ludicrous lol

Edited by Chivas

4 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Just come "visa exempt"... if you then want to stay longer than 30 days hire a agent to handle it.  Saves wear and tear on your senses...

Because I wont get past ground handling at check in at Heathrow with a one way ticket with an intended 5-6 month trip all up

And no I'm not buying one of these fake onwards ticket because ground handling know only to well what they are and under the circumstances it would be very carefully examined.

I'm then scrambling around the check in area to buy a proper ticket online outbound within 30 days to satisfy ground handling and I've just red flagged myself lol

Immigration decline fines for airlines have increased to a maximum of $10,000 now. Never personally been asked at Bangkok immigration to show an actual outbound ticket within 30 days but why should the airline take the chance that this would be the first time lol

Do it by the book (and only £30) but it is a ludicrous application set up to say the very least

Edited to add....

I was reading up about these fake onward tickets and they're reliable (apparently) if you can include them within a visa application process wherever you are in the world and wherever you're applying for a visa because those people dealing with applications cant access airline booking systems

However not reliable at check in under the above described circumstances when ground handling staff almost certainly can. Doubtless experiences will vary

Edited by Chivas
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

Because I wont get past ground handling at check in at Heathrow with a one way ticket with an intended 5-6 month trip all up

And no I'm not buying one of these fake onwards ticket because ground handling know only to well what they are and under the circumstances it would be very carefully examined.

I'm then scrambling around the check in area to buy a proper ticket online outbound within 30 days to satisfy ground handling and I've just red flagged myself lol

Immigration decline fines for airlines have increased to a maximum of $10,000 now. Never personally been asked at Bangkok immigration to show an actual outbound ticket within 30 days but why should the airline take the chance that this would be the first time lol

Do it by the book (and only £30) but it is a ludicrous application set up to say the very least

Edited to add....

I was reading up about these fake onward tickets and they're reliable (apparently) if you can include them within a visa application process wherever you are in the world and wherever you're applying for a visa because those people dealing with applications cant access airline booking systems

However not reliable at check in under the above described circumstances when ground handling staff almost certainly can. Doubtless experiences will vary

The airline check in staff can check that you have a valid reservation. They are unable to check whether that ticket will be cancelled 24 hours later. That is the basic mechanism under which the better ticket rental services are operating. It has worked for years, and the airlines have no incentive to crack down on a system that makes them money.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Will look tomorrow. 

Edited by Pdavies99

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Will look tomorrow. 

Thanks for providing that Dr Jack and to the author if he's still around.

Up until now I've either been on Multis obtained at an embassy or consulate in the region or obtained my visas at the (now closed) consulate in Hull.

I may have to obtain a TV shortly and after reading through that list of instructions, I have to say.........typical Thai bureaucracy.  The problems and oddities in the application seem very similar to those I encountered when applying for entry during Covid.

I don't know why they just can't get it right and make their systems user friendly and actually work but I suspect its down to how much and who they pay to write their programmes.

Strange but I thought they actaually wanted people to visit Thailand.  I'm not looking forward to having to make an application in the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

Edited to add....

Get a non-fake ticket.

Air Asia £33 BKK-Siem Riep last time I checked.

Surely anything less than £100 is worth it if it opens the door to a 6 month stay..............less than 56p a day?

Edited by Enoon

16 hours ago, Chivas said:

Up to now I hadnt phoned them but like you I'd seen reports of phone calls and Emails going unanswered

I suspect its just standard Thai incompetence and you know what they are like about losing face either on the phone or face to face

An unsubstantiated assumption.

The E-visa application is made to the MFA in Bangkok and it is then effectively subcontracted to the local embassy for processing. You cannot contact the subcontactor without going through the main office.

You need to read the questions carefully and try and read between the lines. not all questions are applicable and if so you can write something on a piece of paper, take a photo and upload that. I am fairly sure they do say what formats and size are acceptable, there is no problem with jpeg or pdf. You can only upload one document, if you upload a second page it will overwrite the first, they would need to be combined.

It may be more difficult than the old postal method but it is certainly a lot easier than a visitor visa application for the UK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

Just completed mine, took 6 days no issues.

You need to attach a copy photo and a copy of passport.

The photo must have a white background. The passport must be legible.

Once they are attached to the application, it will tell you if they are accepted, ie quality etc.

You need to also send them an accommodation receipt plus the address etc.

Its not hard, just has to be effected very correctly.

Good luck.  (Or just get a visa on arrival or Visa Exempt etc)

Yes the passport data and seperate photo were auto accepted

It would be handy if they actually "told you" where the error was rather than saying submitted in wrong format which was strange as all were in Jpeg anyway

Hopefully I've sorted it and it comes back later this week albeit no hurry as not needed until October

Its handy to know anyway what is required for next time I submit one though what the request for the ID of the Thai national that "invited you" was all about god alone knows

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

The photo must have a white background.

Mine, used for the last three TR visas, has a light green background as it was a selfie taken in my lounge at home.

However, every time I upload it I get the response along the lines of "This photo may be rejected as there is more than one person" - I ignore it, carry on and have never had a problem with it.

18 hours ago, Chivas said:

Like the part when it was asking for Thai persons ID who had "invited me" it just wasnt possible to upload "not applicable" lol

For my last two TR visas I just upload another copy of my annual lease agreement, which shows the landlord's name.

The system is a PITA and a joke, but as long as they can see that you are genuine I think that they do cut some slack.

Just count yourself lucky that you didn't suffer the Sandbox application straight after Covid - TR is a walk in the park.

On 9/11/2023 at 7:07 PM, Chivas said:

Its handy to know anyway what is required for next time I submit one though what the request for the ID of the Thai national that "invited you" was all about god alone knows

It is a generalised application to cover a variety of scenarios and an invitation is a fairly common question in visa applications for other countries.

Invitations can give any visa application a bit more credibility.

• Like 1

Approved this morning and email sent to me

The only thing I really changed from initial rejection was details of the Thai airbnb owner but not ID because I simply didnt know it and thought it was ludicrous

All I did was alter the address details of the Condo and then add the nickname of the owner and copy pasted her Thai script name

I did add other details that weren't actually asked for as well but anyway all sorted. Next time I reckon I could do that in a quarter of the time knowing whats wanted and how its laid out in Jpeg

Few points of interest

Ticket was one way..... clearly no problem

I had entered 59 days on Visa for length of stay

However as only the Airbnb was actually booked and paid for the actual first 5 days I thought that might be a problem as not detailing all 59 days of accomodation

Again clearly not an issue

I uploaded a bank saving account  (was actually a side account on Chase) that had £2800 in it

Showed the last part time pay slip I had from local Healthcare company I drive for that showed net £274 for the previous week (rather than a letter from the company itself which had been asked for)

Just my experience might help one or two others in the future

Edited by Chivas
  • Thanks 1

Glad you finally got your visa @Chivas

This is NOT a dig at you (as you applied early) but my advice for others:

I just looked at my most recent eVisa and it was valid for 3 months from date of grant.  I actually applied a month before travel

I strongly suggest everyone applies as early as possible for their visas - ie don't cause yourself a last minute panic!

I'll post this on the linked topics as well.

• Like 1