It isn't the end of the world, if you have to move to a nearby country in SEA. See the positive things!

Shop mak

Just now, Gottfrid said:

Now we start with the trolling word again. Read what it is before you use it.

FYI, you just have to scroll up and check, you will see that you started replying to me post, so the answer is that you started and I have replied.

Yes you started it because you can't understand English. Bye.

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

Exactly. I could meet increased financials but for those of us over 70 a health insurance requirement is tantamount to saying goodbye Thailand.

Indeed.

A humane option which of course they won't do is to allow retired expats to buy into the Thai national health system at a multiple cost.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bignok said:

Yes you started it because you can't understand English. Bye.

And again, I must advise you to check who replied to my initial comment. 

As far as I know, there is no problem with my understanding of English.

Laos Luang Prabang
Indonesia, likely not Bali

I judge a country by its street food. Cambodia is out on that alone.
After that,  not in SEA; Greece, Guatemala or Colombia. I like the idea of Montevideo, but know nothing about it. 

Moot point though as likely I will add to the thai ball and chain, with the purchase of a house. :shock1:

23 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

It has been a rumor for some time. Now upping the cost of the Elite Visa types. Rumor is Retirement Visa 800K balance or monthly income increase next. We will see. I am just saying there is a financial breaking point for me as I am only a working middle class financial refugee unable to afford retirement in my own country. Already voted with my feet from the US, hopefully, wiser heads will prevail here in the treatment of retired folk bringing in a steady stream of cash and not causing issues.

I agree with you that they need to look at retirees in a different light. Unfortunately, the xenophobic racist dinosaurs in government will not change. I have already mentioned to my Wife about this. We live only 30 km. from Cambodia, my Son is 19 now. If they make it untenable for my visa renewal I will move to Cambodia, and visit as often as the visa conditions allow. My Wife and Son can also drive across to Cambodia.

• Like 2

I wouldn't care if they threw all the foreigners out, inclusive, as motivate me to play nomadic back in USA.  Something I really want to do, but too lazy to do.  

Saw a good part of the USA, easy working for airlines, but envy my brother a bit, as he visited every national park in all 48 lower states.  Something I'd love to do in a RV.  

Only issue, renting one for couple years, would cost the same as buying one, and that would depreciate a bit more than I willing to give up.

Although a 50% return wouldn't be the end of the world.  Then sell up here or not ?  Too much to voluntarily deal with.  But if hand force (never going to happen), that would be my course of action.

After couple of that, then think about returning to SEA, which probably wouldn't happen.  20+ years is enough.

This one is way too cool, or something similar.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 1

I've  never understood   why a single person has to keep  800,000b locked in a  Thai bank account with only his one mouth, and body to care for,    and a married  person  presumably with children too  has to keep half of that amount   with a family to care for 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, actonion said:

I've  never understood   why a single person has to keep  800,000b locked in a  Thai bank account with only his one mouth, and body to care for,    and a married  person  presumably with children too  has to keep half of that amount   with a family to care for 

It's obviously because they want to make it easier for foreigners who have that close a connection to Thai people to be able to stay. Retirees can live here with no connection to Thai people. It's a social engineering policy which I think almost all governments do in many spheres of life.

Edited by Jingthing

32 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I wouldn't care if they threw all the foreigners out, inclusive, as motivate me to play nomadic back in USA.  Something I really want to do, but too lazy to do.  

Saw a good part of the USA, easy working for airlines, but envy my brother a bit, as he visited every national park in all 48 lower states.  Something I'd love to do in a RV.  

Only issue, renting one for couple years, would cost the same as buying one, and that would depreciate a bit more than I willing to give up.

Although a 50% return wouldn't be the end of the world.  Then sell up here or not ?  Too much to voluntarily deal with.  But if hand force (never going to happen), that would be my course of action.

After couple of that, then think about returning to SEA, which probably wouldn't happen.  20+ years is enough.

This one is way too cool, or something similar.

You could always camp free in the Walmart parking lots if finances are tight.

IMG_0290.jpeg

Edited by JimTripper

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

It's obviously because they want to make it easier for foreigners who have that close a connection to Thai people to be able to stay. Retirees can live here with no connection to Thai people. It's a social engineering policy which I think almost all governments do in many spheres of life.

Bigoted against singles.

33 minutes ago, bignok said:

No

Exactly my point, due to the reason that what you accuse me for does not exist.

So, the result of all is, that if you have kids at the age of 45-47 you will still very much have them when you are 55. 

The moral of the story. You had difficulty understanding your own post. Have a good day!

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

Exactly my point, due to the reason that what you accuse me for does not exist.

So, the result of all is, that if you have kids at the age of 45-47 you will still very much have them when you are 55. 

The moral of the story. You had difficulty understanding your own post. Have a good day!

Having a baby at age 56 is not the same as 46. I'm sorry that you are so confused by the English language but that's not my fault. It's your fault you lack basic thinking skills. Bye.

2 hours ago, bbko said:

Yes, yes, please yes ????.  Good guys in, bad guys out. 

Just hope that immigration don't require it dated within the last month, but your agency requires 3 months to issue one...........................

Like all these people who want to see compulsory medical insurance, but don't stop to think that you will be required to line the dates up exactly with your extension as per OA.

How many dates do you want to have to have line up exactly at extension time?

This is why it is best not to wish for these things, it may be YOU who falls through the cracks.

Edited by mokwit

13 minutes ago, bignok said:

Having a baby at age 56 is not the same as 46. I'm sorry that you are so confused by the English language but that's not my fault. It's your fault you lack basic thinking skills. Bye.

But you did not wrote babies in your initial comment, right, you wrote:

12 hours ago, bignok said:

Own fault. People over 55 should not have kids.

What I am saying is if you have babies or kids at the age of 45, you will still have minimum 8 years of care left when you are 55.

After that, it will also be a personal choice, and some people are very capable of dealing with children/kids or babies even after 55. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, bignok said:

Ex forum poster?

These guys never made it to Thailand. They are just skint unemployed, lost housing and hit the curb with whatever vehicle they could find.

Los Angeles is filling up with these blokes camping in vehicles and out in the desert, places like slab city. I think the poster is from LA his handle is KhunLA.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

These guys never made it to Thailand. They are just skint unemployed, lost housing and hit the curb with whatever vehicle they could find.

Los Angeles is filling up with these blokes camping in vehicles and out in the desert, places like slab city. I think the poster is from LA his handle is KhunLA.

One made it to Thailand. I spent a year and a half mostly living out of a vehicle traveling around the US visiting National Parks.  Great experience.

My last trip was to DC to get a Thailand visa, sold the vehicle and arrived in Thailand a week before the COVID shutdown.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

One made it to Thailand. I spent a year and a half mostly living out of a vehicle traveling around the US visiting National Parks.  Great experience.

My last trip was to DC to get a Thailand visa, sold the vehicle and arrived in Thailand a week before the COVID shutdown.

That’s great for you, but I’m not interested in “living out of a vehicle” in my 50’s as a permanent situation unless it’s just a camping trip.

I can’t see that as a backup plan for me returning to the USA.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thumbs Up 1

Interesting topic, and I’ve often wondered about it myself.  Might try PI, but not sure about the typhoons.

Lately I’ve started wondering about Guam.  Yes, a little outside SE Asia, I know.  Medicare kicks in for American expats.  As long as they have decent hospitals and a low cost of living—could make the short list.

3 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

Sorry not saying you should.

I just was saying one of those vehicle campers made it to Thailand. Sorry did not mean an offense.

That’s good, but it’s hard to get out of that situation for most people once your in it. Lack of a stable address, etc makes it hard to arrange things and life kind of takes over.

if it’s just a side trip to national parks I can understand.

Edited by JimTripper

1 minute ago, JimTripper said:

You already lost loser! Put yourself on ignore.

How did you get into this? I am definitely no loser, and why would I put myself on ignore? That would be a very stupid thing to do to myself. Are you doing such things to yourself?

After that, you must understand that the system is not designed so you can put yourself on ignore.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

How did you get into this? I am definitely no loser, and why would I put myself on ignore? That would be a very stupid thing to do to myself. Are you doing such things to yourself?

After that, you must understand that the system is not designed so you can put yourself on ignore.

I don’t know what you are talking about. I never said that!

• Sad 1