TAT wants global tourists to see Thailand as a sustainable destination

webfact

Laudable but as usual a confused message from TAT.

Given the ever growing focus on Indian and Chinese tourist markets - would "sustainability" be high up on their list of priorities when choosing a destination ?

TAT can go on as much as they want about this kind of thing but unless the main executive arm of government get policy and implementation sorted out, then frankly, they are p1ssing in the wind.

As for the littering, it's a depressing, serious and embedded cultural issue here. I really don't understand why they can't find the time to run a concerted public education programme (as a Brit I recall my childhood "littered" with Green Cross Code, Learn to Swim and Keep Britain Tidy public service announcements) I really don't understand why they don't do these sort of things here, they can also add drink driving into the PSA equation.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

This is one of the dirtiest places I have ever seen, what the heck are they smoking!? It would take a miracle to clean this country up, and there is no will among the masses. I see people so lazy, they won't even throw their trash in a bin 20 feet away, just throwing trash on the ground seems to be the norm here.

Why don't you go elsewhere then?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is working on a campaign to make tourists from all over the world see Thailand as a sustainable place that prioritizes ecological protection.

The problem with that plan might be that Thailand is doing no such thing. Thailand prioritizes money that is up for grabs right now over any future concerns. 

• Thanks 1