Two annoying things

bignok

Just now, Skipalongcassidy said:

Figures coming from you... "it's all Trump's fault" is no longer a viable excuse for the current failure in the white house... after all this time why can't you haters come up with a different excuse?

Topics is footpaths and app drivers

Trump 555

Some people

• Sad 1

Just now, Skipalongcassidy said:

Figures coming from you... "it's all Trump's fault" is no longer a viable excuse for the current failure in the white house... after all this time why can't you haters come up with a different excuse?

I'm not blaming Trump, I commented on one of his mindless supporters! But, while I'm at it, Trump makes Americans look stupid!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, bignok said:

Most footpaths are dreadful. I like walking but it's a headache having to watch every step. Be nice if they spent more on footpaths rather than putting temples everywhere.

App drivers are hopeless at reading maps. I have to give directions a lot of the time. 

Thai people do not walk.... And they need to ask Buddha for more money.

That would explain a lot, now wouldn't it?

• Like 1

In Thailand, only a very drunken man walks around with his head up.

When I was healing from a broken ankle, I asked the doctor if I could finally take off the ace bandage. He said, "Yes, but wait until you move on from Sukhamvit Road first".

I love the proliferation of small, wheeled barriers that businesses just plunk down with no fear of the law. They want to grill up some chicken thighs and that lane is going out of service for a few meters. Random traffic cones are a thing a beauty too.

These decisions are consensus'd by the street dwellers and conceded by the government.

15 hours ago, bignok said:

Most footpaths are dreadful. I like walking but it's a headache having to watch every step. Be nice if they spent more on footpaths rather than putting temples everywhere.

App drivers are hopeless at reading maps. I have to give directions a lot of the time. 

Only 2 things that annoy you! Man I wish I had your life. 

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2023 at 12:20 AM, JensenZ said:

Most temples were built from decades to centuries ago. For example, the newest temple in Pattaya, the Sanctury of Truth, still under construction, is over 40 years old. The temples on Pratunmak Hill are about 80 years old... They stopped putting temples everywhere a long time ago as there are already nearly 34.000 Buddhist temples in current use across Thailand.

Temples run on a merit economy, and any fees collected from tourists help with their upkeep.

Footpaths on city streets are a local municipal concern, paid for from local land taxes, and in most cases, not paid at all.

What does one concern have to do with the other? They are totally unrelated.

We have had 3, start from scratch, new temples built here in the last 5 years.  The local fetish seems to have changed from who's bank has a new Isuzu pick up in your driveway to who's moo ban has the biggest and best temple?  Its no wonder they always have their hands out.  These are only small villages, small population, its all out of whack.  But this is also Isaan where you cant eat chicken if you have a bad back unless its a Tuesday and where lots of nasty spirits get around always up to mischief..........................so Im told?

Edited by ThaiFelix
needed to be blessed before posting

6 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

We have had 3, start from scratch, new temples built here in the last 5 years.  The local fetish seems to have changed from who's bank has a new Isuzu pick up in your driveway to who's moo ban has the biggest and best temple?  Its no wonder they always have their hands out.  These are only small villages, small population, its all out of whack.  But this is also Isaan where you cant eat chicken if you have a bad back unless its a Tuesday and where lots of nasty spirits get around always up to mischief..........................so Im told?

Yes lots of newish temples about. Seen many that look under 15 years old. Plus the old ones get restored

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 12:20 AM, JensenZ said:

Temples run on a merit economy, and any fees collected from tourists help with their upkeep.

They are also funded with tax payers money from the government NOB, which has been embezzled by Abbots and others in the chain as with all government hand outs to all an sundry.  

8 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Yes Pot holes in the road and worn out non signed crossings are my two annoying things when driving plus a score of others.

Come on then, vent your spleen with the score of others, we all want/need to know.

1. 2.3.4.................................20. 

Edited by KannikaP

Several posts breaking our community standards or quoting them were removed. Please stop the personal attacks and comments on moderation. Use the report button if you see a serious violation. (Not just because you disagree with someone)

• Thanks 1