90 days online close to due date and still pending

Hi guy's,

I applied on the 4th, 13 days before the due date which is Saturday 16th, until the 8th it was still pending so I reapplied that day up till now nothing has changed, I've no other choice but to go to Chaeng Wattana tmrw...has someone experienced that immi processed on the last day?

Regards

I did EXACTLY what you did.

Anyway attended CW in the "grace period" think it was last day of grace period.

Made appointment CW for 90 report. 

BTW that works a treat. Seen straight away.

I tried to ask io about my no success with online.

Same as you I cancelled my first application as it was pending 10 days.

Showed her my second application and she said..." need wait 15 days" 

Didn't understand it at the time.

Could be completely wrong but perhaps you will get approval within 15 days. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, rgrdns said:

Hi guy's,

I applied on the 4th, 13 days before the due date which is Saturday 16th, until the 8th it was still pending so I reapplied that day up till now nothing has changed, I've no other choice but to go to Chaeng Wattana tmrw...has someone experienced that immi processed on the last day?

Regards

From my own experience, I suspect that cancelling and resubmitting sends you to the back of the queue.  (Though they could also be doing them completely at random). I once cancelled and resubmitted after about a week on pending and finally received an approval the day before the 7-day grace period was up, saving me a trip in person on the last day. My last report took about 10 days for approval from CW.   

• Like 1

I tried the online application right at the beginning. When I later went for a visa extension they told me I hadn't done my 90 days, despite my getting confirmation. Turned out that their internet was down, and eventually I got them to admit this. They told me that they prefer I turn up in person, which I now do, as local immigration is only 15 minutes away from the school I go to each day. 

I might try again but my wife is fearful of my being hung, drawn and quartered, or at least facing a heavy fine and deportation.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, cooked said:

. When I later went for a visa extension they told me I hadn't done my 90 days, despite my getting confirmation

When you do 90 day report online you receive confirmation straight away.

That is confirmation that your application has been Received.

You need check status and when you have "approved" status you print out the TM47 receipt. 

Screenshot_20230915-073018.jpg

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, cooked said:

I tried the online application right at the beginning. When I later went for a visa extension they told me I hadn't done my 90 days, despite my getting confirmation. Turned out that their internet was down, and eventually I got them to admit this. They told me that they prefer I turn up in person, which I now do, as local immigration is only 15 minutes away from the school I go to each day. 

I might try again but my wife is fearful of my being hung, drawn and quartered, or at least facing a heavy fine and deportation.

The ONLY consequence of not doing your 90-day report before due date, is that you can get fined 2.000,- THB.  And it doesn't matter how many days past due date (+6 days grace period) you do it, the fine is same if you are 1 day past or 9 months.  

When for some reason you cannot do it on-line, and you live very far from the Imm Office or you really hate going to your local Imm Office, you could even consider not doing it all during the whole 1-year of your Permission to stay, and then pay the 2.000,- THB fine with a smile when applying for the 1-year extension of your Permission to stay.

11 hours ago, rgrdns said:

I've no other choice but to go to Chaeng Wattana tmrw

Make an appointment. You have +7 days 'grace' period.

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/ImmigrationOfficeGovernmentComplexChaengWattanaRd@imm1division.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/

(No appointments available day of (today, Fri), but wide open on Monday onwards.)

With an appointment go to Counter 4, (main counter just inside the Imm area) for a doc check, then get a card for desk B66.

Took me ~ 2 minutes last week.

11 hours ago, rgrdns said:

Hi guy's,

Regards

Instead of doing it in person on the due date when your 90-day report notification is still pending, you could also simply wait till last day of the 6-day grace period after due date to do it in person at your local Imm Office.

When you receive notification of approval of your 90-day report that will save you making the trip.  And in case your local Imm Office does not send automatic notifications of approval when you did it on-line, you can check the status of your application on the TM47-website (see drJack's post above this one).  

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Instead of doing it in person on the due date when your 90-day report notification is still pending, you could also simply wait till last day of the 6-day grace period after due date to do it in person at your local Imm Office.

When you receive notification of approval of your 90-day report that will save you making the trip.  And in case your local Imm Office does not send automatic notifications of approval when you did it on-line, you can check the status of your application on the TM47-website (see drJack's post above this one).  

Hi

So far, I know there's no grace period (6 or 7 days) for 90 days online, that's only when you sent by mail and yes, I received an auto. notification of approval.

5 minutes ago, rgrdns said:

I know there's no grace period (6 or 7 days) for 90 days online

I am 100% positive that the 7 day grace period extends to in person filing. Your report by date is 16 Sep 2023, so you have all of next week to file without penalty. Plus, given the issues with the system I expect they'll be forgiving for longer lapses?

Imm does send an email when/if your filing was approved.

email title:

[TM.47] (PASSPORT NO : nnnnnnnnn) FORM FOR ALIEN TO NOTIFY OF STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS HAS BEEN APPROVED

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

The ONLY consequence of not doing your 90-day report before due date, is that you can get fined 2.000,- THB.  And it doesn't matter how many days past due date (+6 days grace period) you do it, the fine is same if you are 1 day past or 9 months.  

When for some reason you cannot do it on-line, and you live very far from the Imm Office or you really hate going to your local Imm Office, you could even consider not doing it all during the whole 1-year of your Permission to stay, and then pay the 2.000,- THB fine with a smile when applying for the 1-year extension of your Permission to stay.

Not a good option at CW. They have started to refuse Non Imm 'O' extensions if you don't have a record of 90 day reports. This has happened to a friend of mine recently. He always laughed at me doing 90 day reports, boasting that he hadn't done a report for many years, and if he gets caught he'll just pay the 2000baht fine. He's now been caught. his extension has been refused, and he got the 2000baht fine. Guess who's laughing now. ????

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, rgrdns said:

Hi

So far, I know there's no grace period (6 or 7 days) for 90 days online, that's only when you sent by mail and yes, I received an auto. notification of approval.

When doing your 90-day report IN PERSON at your local Imm Office there is a 6-day grace period after due date.  So when your on-line 90-day report is still pending you do not need to do it on the due date, but you can wait till the end of the 6-day grace period.  If it has by then not been confirmed, you can then still do it in person at your local Imm Office without being fined.

2 minutes ago, jaiyenyen said:

Not a good option at CW. They have started to refuse Non Imm 'O' extensions if you don't have a record of 90 day reports. This has happened to a friend of mine recently. He always laughed at me doing 90 day reports, boasting that he hadn't done a report for many years, and if he gets caught he'll just pay the 2000baht fine. He's now been caught. his extension has been refused, and he got the 2000baht fine. Guess who's laughing now. ????

Thanks for the info.  So at CW it would be recommended now do the 90-day report and pay the 2.000,- TB fine a few weeks prior to applying for your 1-year extension. 

16 minutes ago, rgrdns said:

Hi

Sorry...correction....I received auto. notification (TM.47) that I made my application successfully. 

"We have received your information successfully"

33 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Thanks for the info.  So at CW it would be recommended now do the 90-day report and pay the 2.000,- TB fine a few weeks prior to applying for your 1-year extension..

Yes. I think I would pay the fine and get up-to-date asap, before applying for an extension

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Make an appointment. You have +7 days 'grace' period.

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/ImmigrationOfficeGovernmentComplexChaengWattanaRd@imm1division.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/

(No appointments available day of (today, Fri), but wide open on Monday onwards.)

With an appointment go to Counter 4, (main counter just inside the Imm area) for a doc check, then get a card for desk B66.

Took me ~ 2 minutes last week.

Great, thanks for your help guy's ????

6 hours ago, cooked said:

It's a thousand baht fine for not doing a 90 day report

I have used the website for my last 5 or 6 with no issues whatsoever, I usually get a confirmation email  that it has been granted within 2 - 3 days

I usually submit it 14 days before due date to give it enough time to be processed 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Thanks for the info.  So at CW it would be recommended now do the 90-day report and pay the 2.000,- TB fine a few weeks prior to applying for your 1-year extension. 

You could do the 90 day report on same visit as applying for extension.

Obviously 90 report desk first 

then onto L desk for extension 

Also as I have posted earlier...

CW now asking for TM47 in paperwork for extension.

Previously not required. 

In Korat it takes from sending the form on the website to receiving the automated confirmation about 30 minutes to max. 2 hours. The approval comes usually on the next working day about 11 a.m., attached the sticker for the passport as PDF. I never wait until the last day. The IO sends a reminder 14 days before due day and I just go the Immigration website and do the form. All data is prefilled, just put in your passport number and nationality and click the magnifier. This seems to be the first official website which really works. It saves me a round-trip of 180 kms every time the 90 days are due. Great service, Thank You, Immigration.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

CW is inept and seemingly incapable of handling online 90 Day reports. SO happy I don't have to deal with that place any longer. Had to wait a full 2 hours for my online 90 Day approval in Jomtien last month, which was twice as long as the previous online report. ????