Russell Brand: BBC and Channel 4 investigate allegations

Social Media

5 hours ago, impulse said:

Hang out in AA long enough and you'll meet a lot of guys who apologized for stuff they don't even remember doing.   Maybe didn't even do.

I knew a guy in the US who never was an alcoholic but he would go to the meetings and talk about it to the people in his life.  With his very Irish name and red hair I don't think anyone doubted his legitimacy as an alc.  Go figure.

I think ol' Brandy here is about to begin the re-entry phase of his social media spotlight.  There is the old showbiz chestnut about "no such thing as bad publicity" but in this new media these characters eventually implode on themselves.  Never lose sight of the social media standard that any words can be taken as offensive with the least bit of effort, and truth has nothing to do with anything.

Still, even before these accusations Brand was an obnoxious jackass.  He'll disappear from the headlines soon enough.  Enshallah!

Edited by bendejo
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

No, Russel is being investigated for sexual offences and the evidence is quite damming , he's practically admitting raping a woman in an E-mail to her when he apologised 

First rule of Woke world .......... never, ever apologise for anything to anyone!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

Alastair McIntosh (2020). Riders on the Storm: The Climate Crisis and the Survival of Being. 

Sorry. I asked for a link confirming that people concerned for the environment normally claim that there's only 10 years left.... not a link showing that a single person has this view.

Edited by JayClay
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The accusations against Brand stem from as long as 18 years ago. A few women have come out of the woodwork at the same time after all these years. A co-ordinated attack which he has strongly denied and stood tall, much like Dan Wooton did. I am not too sure of Brand's politics in terms of being left or right (seems like a lovey lefty to me) but I know he talks a lot about controversial issues like vaccines. I have seen absolutely no evidence to support the accusations.

Edwards accusations were far more recent and as soon as they surfaced he played the mental health card, made no denial and swiftly disappeared to a mental health facility. The BBC confirmed it had seen the messages between the two. There has still been no denial fro, him and his wife basically admitted it. To me, that implies there is truth to them. I am not too sure of his politics, but as a BBC presenter I'd assume he's a lefty Remainer who pretends to be impartial but I never really looked into it.

We should wait for the evidence to emerge for both, but the nature of the attack on Brand appears well co-ordinated, random and viscous whereas with Edwards it seems like a concerned relative of the alleged victim. The time it took for Brand's victims to come forward (all at the same time)  is also HIGHLY suspicious to me. Seems like a way to stain his character and shut him up as he has clearly gone after some powerful entities. Nobody needs to shut up Edwards, because he is basically a puppet who reads from a teleprompter provided by his mainstream, establishment masters in exchange for cash extorted from the general public.

Hope that clears things up.

I rather hope a police investigation will clear things up.

Now The Met have received a formal report they can get to it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I rather hope a police investigation will clear things up.

Now The Met have received a formal report they can get to it.

Nothing will come of this. It will be a case of "he said she said" since I believe in these cases Brand was in a relationship with the women so any physical evidence that remains after a decade or two can be explained away as consensual.

It will certainly keep him busy though. And maybe he will re-consider whether he wishes to keep unearthing the issues he has been unearthing. Isn't that the whole point?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So is Brand:

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2023/sep/18/russell-brand-shows-postponed-after-allegations-of-sexual-assault

Being human is a ‘me too’ business. We are all in the mud together

Russell Brand”

I see.

Cancellation has begun and he hasn't even had a chance to defend himself yet. You must be delighted.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Why would I be delighted?

I’ve simply reported a fact.

Brand can now focus on his defense.

Why? Because the left love a bit of cancel culture when it takes out someone they disagree with.

I would have thought that was obvious ????.

You glee is seeping through your posts. I think I'm going to have to wipe my screen down.

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You think he's guilty huh?

Like Spacey was? Oh wait a minute...

No, I think there is very credible evidence that needs to be examined.

It was you who stated “Nothing will come of this” perhaps you feel the allegations against Brand should not be investigated.

Was Spacey involved in any of the allegations against Brand or is that some kind of grievance stroking going on?

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He’s unearthed nothing, he’s a controversialist, he runs his mouth on contravertial issues, spouts conspiracy garbage and the gammons buy it.

Oh dear. Someone has upset Antifa. 

Let the cancellation begin. ????

#believeallwomen

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Why? Because the left love a bit of cancel culture when it takes out someone they disagree with.

I would have thought that was obvious ????.

You glee is seeping through your posts. I think I'm going to have to wipe my screen down.

It was the promoters of Brand’s shows that cancelled them.

Brand’s promoters are the people employed by Brand to ‘promote him’.

Nothing to do with your ‘left’ fixation.

Very first sentence in the news report: 

The promoters of Russell Brand’s standup show have pulled his appearances over the next 10 days, while the actor and comedian’s publisher announced it was “pausing” all future book projects with him.”

What winds up on your screen when you are reading my posts is too much detail sharing Johnny.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Under pressure from the venue and local MP's. The promoters don't want to lose their shirt with a load of blue haired activists screaming at punters on the way in.

Sorry Johnny, Brand’s promoters work for Brand, their decision, nobody else’s.

Also from the news report:

“Brand also failed to appear for his regular 5pm live show on the video platform Rumble on Monday. “

Did some lefty get between Brand and his video camera that he uses to broadcast on his own platform?

Go on tell us, we know it’s always somebody else’s fault.

• Like 1