Russell Brand: BBC and Channel 4 investigate allegations

Social Media

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

The event was cancelled so that's a pretty dumb question isn't it...

His ilk don't generally have the guts to do the protesting anyway. They're the ones shouting "fight fight fight" from a safe distance.

Yes the event was canceled, and you dreamed up a reason why.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

He has guilt written all over his face. One thing I just do not understand. When a man is good looking, famous and wealthy, he can get with nearly anyone he wants. The gals are just clamoring to be with you. So, why take advantage of women who are not willing? Is it pure pathological mania? Is it a conquistador mentality? Is the man simply bent?

Guilt written all over his face? That settles it then, throw away the key...

Maybe the women made it up for a quick buck? Have you checked their faces for guilt? Please check and report back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yes the event was canceled, and you dreamed up a reason why.

It's obvious why it was cancelled. I already explained to you. Pretending to not understand changes nothing.

Do you have an alternative theory? Do share your wisdom...????

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Now flip the coin and imagine being a victim of rape, looking around and seeing other women reporting rape being referred to as ‘sluts’, see example above.

Thats why none of us have the right to claim we know the truth based on the information we have! 

Being falsely accused is as bad as not being believed when been or being abused. I havent experienced any of those, but I still can imagine how it would be like. 

How can some of you guys here be so sure you know what really happend? Based on your own experiences or a hunch? 

• Like 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

It's obvious why it was cancelled. I already explained to you. Pretending to not understand changes nothing.

Do you have an alternative theory? Do share your wisdom...????

Perhaps Brand’s promoters have their own concerns over his behavior.

Perhaps they think he should lay low and avoid the press.

Perhaps they think Brand cracking jokes following such serious allegations is a bad look for their client.

There are probably many other possibilities.

But they all come down to Brand’s promoters, not some ‘lefties’ canceling his shows.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Thats why none of us have the right to claim we know the truth based on the information we have! 

Being falsely accused is as bad as not being believed when been or being abused. I havent experienced any of those, but I still can imagine how it would be like. 

How can some of you guys here be so sure you know what really happend? Based on your own experiences or a hunch? 

Who has said they know what really happened........?  ????

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps Brand’s promoters have their own concerns over his behavior.

Perhaps they think he should lay low and avoid the press.

Perhaps they think Brand cracking jokes following such serious allegations is a bad look for their client.

There are probably many other possibilities.

But they all come down to Brand’s promoters, not some ‘lefties’ canceling his shows.

Yes promoters are well known for putting morals before profits ????.

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I don’t recall stating I know what happened or that Brand is guilty.

On the other hand, I’ve not attacked or denigrated his accusers either.

My view is the Met can deal with this, now they have a formal complaint they certainly will.

As for the media and social media ‘frenzy’, that’s the flip side of the game and fortune Brand has made from media and social media.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

Who has said they know what really happened........?  ????

by reading between the lines you know where they are heading with their discussion, and there is a surness in what they state how women or he is! 

Even I can believe he is guilty from what I have seen of him and his personality, as well knowing women, I also know they can be partly involved in the outcome, but still there is a court who is going to judge, but even then, there is not sure the whole truth is accomplished. 

Abuse is hard to prove as well go clean if innocent. 

I don' t like the guy never have. Truthfully how many guys  would like their past actions from the sixties examined in minute detail by  Tv and a national newspaper. 

Would any of your previous encounters dish the dirt for a payout on you decades later. ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I don’t recall stating I know what happened or that Brand is guilty.

On the other hand, I’ve not attacked or denigrated his accusers either.

My view is the Met can deal with this, now they have a formal complaint they certainly will.

As for the media and social media ‘frenzy’, that’s the flip side of the game and fortune Brand has made from media and social media.

It was more of a backing statement to your post than accusing you for so, so if you felt I did, it was not my purpose

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

The professor [Guy McPherson] crisply reiterated and summed up his position in an interview given in 2018: 'Specifically, I predict that there will be no humans on Earth by 2026, based on projections of near-term planetary temperature rise and the demise of myriad species that support our own existence.'

o man that guy is for real too just looked him up. how can i ever take a man like that seriously.

not a single human in 3 years. talk about crack pot theories..... and he is supposed to be an accredited scientist.

scary times we living in. 

Just now, Hummin said:

by reading between the lines you know where they are heading with their discussion, and there is a surness in what they state how women or he is! 

Even I can believe he is guilty from what I have seen of him and his personality, as well knowing women, I also know they can be partly involved in the outcome, but still there is a court who is going to judge, but even then, there is not sure the whole truth is accomplished. 

Abuse is hard to prove as well go clean if innocent. 

Aaaaaah, reading between the lines..............????..................

So YOU are doing exactly what you are complaining about, GUESSING.........

Sorry to say, but, that is hypocritical ..............????

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jippytum said:

I don' t like the guy never have. Truthfully how many guys  would like their past actions from the sixties examined in minute detail by  Tv and a national newspaper. 

Would any of your previous encounters dish the dirt for a payout on you decades later. ????

Then those in the spotlight should use their loaf instead of other things, eh......????

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Aaaaaah, reading between the lines..............????..................

So YOU are doing exactly what you are complaining about, GUESSING.........

Sorry to say, but, that is hypocritical ..............????

as twisted someone can be, I thought I made myself clear and loud I did not judge based on those criterieas. Be aware is not the same as doing what you are aware of! 

Nice try thow

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

A 30-something year old man with a 16 year old girl that he called 'the child' - 20 years doesn't make that any less disturbing. 

Allegedly.

Whilst it is undoubtedly creepy (if it actually happened), it is not illegal. And there is no reason to wait 20 years before reporting it. Would you wait 20 years to report it if it was your daughter?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

as twisted someone can be, I thought I made myself clear and loud I did not judge based on those criterieas. Be aware is not the same as doing what you are aware of! 

Nice try thow

You judged members here, because you read between "their" lines.....????

Hypocritical or what.............:whistling:

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, theshu25 said:

Brand should get jail for pretending to be funny when really he is about as funny as a fire in an orphanage.

While I agree on his lack of talent, being unfunny is not a crime.

If it were, his namesake Jo Brand would be doing life without parole.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't say that I'm surprised by the allegations, for two reasons:

1.) I could easily believe them

2.) I could easily believe someone could decide to change their consent 20 years after the fact.

In other words, not a clue, but let the legal process follow its course. Until then, he's innocent.

I do have to say though, I thought he was brilliant in the movie remake of Arthur, as was Helen Mirren. The original was great, the remake also.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

seems to be heavily into alcohol and drugs and seems to be obsessed about sex and seems to like telling other people about his knob

like every other ex drunk, junkie and sex addict. What doe tyhat have to do with the allegations. 

He was <deleted> up for years, entirely possible some "msunderstandings ensued. Im sure there was something to dig up that may not have been considered worthy of action or a payout by the "victims" until somebody made them an offer

He has gained huge traction against the establishment, anyone who can't beleive that there are interests who may want him muzzled is in denial.    

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, transam said:

You judged members here, because you read between "their" lines.....????

Hypocritical or what.............:whistling:

Do I need to pull out examples from this single tread to convince you people are taking part one side or the other? Cmon please you make me laugh out loud. I thought you where better than so, or just want to play games?