Russell Brand: BBC and Channel 4 investigate allegations

Social Media

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

‘Discovery’ would be fun.

Do I’m guessing Brand won’t be suing anyone.

Considering that it was Brand who wanted to cancel at least one of his accusers years ago by threatening to take legal action against her if she told anyone else about her allegation, I thinks its poetic justice that this has finally caught up with him. For years he's ducked these allegations with denials. 

There does seem to be plenty of evidence to back up some of the claims. One of the alleged victims who attended a rape crisis center on the same day of the alleged rape had her underwear and other samples as evidence, frozen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Where is your evidence that Brand has had his YouTube account frozen because he ‘holds the wrong views’?

If you are arguing people shouldn’t be held accountable for their own actions please be clear about that.

Well, there is the case of 'Cardi B' who admitted to "inviting men to a hotel before drugging and robbing them"

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-47718477

She has 19m subscribers on her YouTube channel and despite admitting these offences, she faces no sanctions from YouTube.   

Then you have the case of Russell Brand, who has been convicted of no crime, vehemently denies the offences and YouTube have immediately cut him off from earning on that platform without due process or seeing if there is any substance to these claims following a police investigation and a court hearing.

What conclusion are people supposed to reach from this then as you can hardly claim that Cardi B has been held accountable for her actions?  

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Woke cancel culture writ large.

Did you watch the video posted earlier where he talked about what was happening and said to the viewers to ‘stay awake’? That would make him a supporter of ‘woke’ then too wouldn’t it?

Or could it be just foolish, malicious and ignorant people using the term out of context, to attack anyone who doesn’t agree with their point of view?

On 9/19/2023 at 12:12 PM, Hummin said:

Working as security I know very well the game with groupies, and also how groupies brought drugs to the band members, willing to do anything for them. 

Even one who offered me a BJ for getting backstage. 

Maybe you worked for me at one time ????

Though you wouldn’t have known if you did. 

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

You don't think the BBC, Channel 4 and YouTube are left leaning?

Or you don't think they are cancelling him?

I think that you need to get over obsessing over ‘left’ and ‘right’. It’s just simplistic nonsense. You do yourself no justice in repeating the same nonsense over and over again like an annoying child. Post with substance, rather than the same old accusations. 

4 minutes ago, youngexpat said:

russell brand text messages at the time of the allegations

GM_016-09_RUSSELL-BRAND-TEXTS.jpg

Sounds like an argument over a condom. Like she asked him to wear one and he refused, or maybe secretly took it off during the act.

This is why it's a good idea to have a trial in a court, rather than by social media.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

I think that you need to get over obsessing over ‘left’ and ‘right’. It’s just simplistic nonsense. You do yourself no justice in repeating the same nonsense over and over again like an annoying child. Post with substance, rather than the same old accusations. 

Answer the question.

Just now, JonnyF said:

Sounds like an argument over a condom. Like she asked him to wear one and he refused, or maybe secretly took it off during the act.

This is why it's a good idea to have a trial in a court, rather than by social media.

No, it is about she saying no, and he did not respect her no! 

As usual, a celebrity's name is dragged through the dirt based on allegations.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

During the upcoming investigations I'm sure some of the victims will claim anonymity. It's about time the law offered that choice to the accused.

Whatever the outcome, Brand's name will be forever tarnished, his career over. 

I personally don't like the guy. Have never watched anything with him in it and probably never will. That doesn't mean I want to see his name disgraced before he's been convicted.

Look what happened to Spacey. Also, maybe lesser unknown, Greenwood from Manchester United. One not guilty and one charges dropped through lack of evidence, both careers in tatters.

Edited by youreavinalaff

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

No, it is about she saying no, and he did not respect her no! 

No to what? To sex without a condom?

image.png.d927df55e02962a3e072e8e0d5395aac.png

When a girl insists on a condom, it suggests she is consenting to sex. Or was she insisting on a condom before they started doing the laundry? 

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

No to what? To sex without a condom?

image.png.d927df55e02962a3e072e8e0d5395aac.png

When a girl insists on a condom, it suggests she is consenting to sex. Or was she insisting on a condom before they started doing the laundry? 

From what I read, she talking about two different incidents, and the no use of condom, was the one before she said no, and she said no

Edited by Hummin

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Answer the question.

No.
Why?

“Never argue with an idiot in public because the general public will have no way of knowing who is who”

You’ll find many variations of the same quote. I just chose that one at random. 

Just now, Hummin said:

From what I read, she talking about two different incidents, and the no use of confom, was the one before she said no, and she said no

Possibly, but that's not how I read it.

When a girl inists I wear a condom I'm thinking sex is on the cards. As would most men.

Here's a crazy idea. Maybe a trial would be helpful to establish what happened before we ruin his life by canceling his life's work?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

As usual, a celebrity's name is dragged through the dirt based on allegations.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

During the upcoming investigations I'm sure some of the victims will claim anonymity. It's about time the law offered that choice to the accused.

Whatever the outcome, Brand's name will be forever tarnished, his career over. 

I personally don't like the guy. Have never watched anything with him in it and probably never will. That doesn't mean I want to see his name disgraced before he's been convicted.

Look what happened to Spacey. Also, maybe lesser unknown, Greenwood from Manchester United. One not guilty and one charges dropped through lack of evidence, both careers in tatters.

What happened to Spacey? Where there’s smoke…. Likely you don’t know much about his behaviour beyond what you read. 

38 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Let's add the BBC and Channel 4 to YouTube.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12535315/Russell-Brand-removed-BBC-iPlayer-sex-assault-claims.html

Funny how the cancellers are always left leaning.

But Brand hasn’t been cancelled, he can still spout nonsense but not on platforms he doesn’t own.

• Haha 1

Just now, NextG said:

No.
Why?

“Never argue with an idiot in public because the general public will have no way of knowing who is who”

You’ll find many variations of the same quote. I just chose that one at random. 

Is that the best you've got? ???? I wasn't looking for a quote from one of your fridge magnets.

You won't answer because you know I am correct. Answering truthfully would highlight that. The BBC, Channel 4 and YouTube are cancelling him. They are all left leaning. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/evangerstmann/2021/03/22/what-is-cancel-culture/?sh=18e7a4c9bd55

image.png.b92a4f47aa1475bdb4fb246d12282d88.png

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Considering that it was Brand who wanted to cancel at least one of his accusers years ago by threatening to take legal action against her if she told anyone else about her allegation, I thinks its poetic justice that this has finally caught up with him. For years he's ducked these allegations with denials. 

There does seem to be plenty of evidence to back up some of the claims. One of the alleged victims who attended a rape crisis center on the same day of the alleged rape had her underwear and other samples as evidence, frozen.

I said earlier, it’s my punt Brand knew this was coming for a long time.

• Like 1