Gordon Ramsay’s group set to open 14 restaurants in Thailand

webfact

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Don't have any problem, as I just know BS when I see or smell it.  Celebrity anything ... sorry, I don't go ga ga over name dropping.

If he can make a bunch of money, in a new market, using his name, good for him.  One born every day ... not this lad.

If I want beef, I have nice steak.

If I want fish & chips, it wont be made with some flavorless cod.

And who the hell, over 10 yrs old, orders mac & cheese in restaurant.

And these are his 'specialties' ????

B.S., you have a problem with the bloke, or anyone becoming famous, because you watched him on television, and yours is better...............Bwwwaaaaaaaaaaahh.  ????

Well Mr. MG, I bet he doesn't drive a cheap MG......????

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Sigmund said:

What are you making up  ? You think foreigners with good money (except the wealthy pensionners)  come to Thailand ?

Ever heard of Monaco, St Tropez,  the Cayman Islands, Switzerland, Croatia or Ibiza ?

And don't forget Bognor Regis.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

And hopefully not fail, like many of his business interests have.

Seems showing up is a 'Kiss of Death' for restaurants:

image.png.8b821c3df949eb679390922cdcd151ba.png

And you can't blame it on the pandemic:

image.png.f40a156d8c5324ca341a8a986a9331b0.png

My god thank you for the laugh.

You do realize that almost all if not all the restaurants that he visited were

a. In hawk up to their eyeballs.

b had incompetent ownership 

c. just did not have the location or ability.

If you look at the immediate follow-ups is that they were able to make money and had a great turnout.  

Then they either went back to the old ways

did not listen at all

or were so far behind they lost licences and the government shut them down.

la galleria went 6 years after he left

https://www.realitytvrevisited.com/2012/06/us-season-6-la-galleria-33.html

Then there was 

https://www.realitytvrevisited.com/2013/05/us-season-6-amys-baking-company.html

21 hours ago, Goat said:

That you think that hamburger junk food made by an American clown is better than Thai cuisine I think reflects more on your tastes than most tourists.

So Goaty never eats a hamburger that zillions do, boring or what..........????

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Erm….   You know right.., which is how you can make such a generalization…

Reading this forum, many westerners can’t recognize quality food… 

Unfortunately, I have had first hand experience of the establishment in Phattanakarn and that is why I provided a comment.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

He didn’t he’s just trolling with his usual anti-Brit BS…. 

He can’t help himself. 

Nah, I'm British and I can tell you... we are famous around the world for having bland, sh!tty food.

After traveling the world and experiencing many different cuisines, British food is by far the most boring. Meat, potatoes, veg. Every. Damn. Meal.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Have you ever been to any of his restaurants before ?

No, and why would I waste that kind of silly money, on any meal, and probably leave unsatisfied or hungry.

If you like 'trash talk TV' then you may enjoy supporting his venture.   Put him in with Jerry Springer, Morton Downey Jr. & Howard Stern (radio).

Simply insults to people's intelligence.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Basing your dining experience on notoriety doesn’t always fit the bill. You can get many delicious foods all over the spectrum from inexpensive to very expensive.  …

I Wouldn’t go to a fancy restaurant to order a $30-60 hamburger… 

When it’s basically to stuff in my face… …

11 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Basing your dining experience on notoriety doesn’t always fit the bill. You can get many delicious foods all over the spectrum from inexpensive to very expensive.  …

I Wouldn’t go to a fancy restaurant to order a $30-60 hamburger… 

When it’s basically to stuff in my face… …

A plebian (pleb) would not go at all to stuff your face. Fine dining is about the taste, venue & service experience, not eating because you are hungry.

The food is consumed slowly because there is no fear of it disappearing off your plate, or someone else snatching it before you can eat it.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Haha 1

On 9/22/2023 at 9:35 AM, Nick Carter icp said:

Rice and noodles 3 times a day gets rather repetitive after a few days and foreigners are often in a KFC within a week 

Hm,...Thai food is a whole lot more varied than Rice and noodles !!!

In fact you could eat a different Thai dish every day of the year !!!

Edited by off road pat
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Clarkey611 said:

Unfortunately, I have had first hand experience of the establishment in Phattanakarn and that is why I provided a comment.

Same here... which is why I used it as an example of lots of Thai's eating 'pub-grub'.

It does reasonable 'pub grub' - nothing amazing, but ticks the boxes... lots of Thai's visit.

Other Good international restaurants such as El Mercado, Cocotte, Kai, Helena, The Smokin Pug etc.. are always full of Thai's enjoying international food.

35 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Hm,...Thai food is a whole lot more varied than Rice and noodles !!!

In fact you could eat a different Thai dish every day of the year !!!

And a lot of it would be great... But I'd still get bored and want some variation... 

Ton Katsu, Lasagna, Steak n Ale Pie, Sashimi, Chiken Tikka Masala, Pizza, Burger, Steak, Beef Wellington, Ravioli, cheeses, Shabu, cold cuts etc... 

The idea of sticking to one single cuisine is quite off putting.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The British are also famous for wearing bowler hats and having crappy teeth... 

Stereotypes and generalisations last for decades and most of them well outdated. 

The British food scene is incredible, as is the food scene in many nations. 

IF you are only eating 'Meat, Potatoes, Veg'... then you're going to the wrong restaurants and lack both exposure and imagination. 

While the staples of 'stereotypically' British food may be somewhat limited, British style restaurants are not limited... and while Gordon Ramsay may be British, his restaurants and those of many others are not limited by the same mindset that limits the comments of many posters on this thread. 

Do you not keep up to date with the news? Stereotypes exist for a reason....

The British public have terrible teeth because it is impossible for them to find an NHS dentist. People are literally driving for hundreds of miles to try and find one, others are having to pull out their own teeth - as can be read about in this BBC story in July of this year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-66167563

British food is notoriously bad. Just look at all of the top dishes that are recommended; sausage & mash, shepherds pie, roast dinner. All of these dishes are the same; meat, potato + veg.  The most popular takeaway food is all foreign. Italian, Indian, Korean, Thai, etc.

Edited by Brickleberry
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Have you ever been to any of his restaurants before ?

Of course he hasn't...  He's pulling an opinion out of his backside because he's decided he doesn't like the fella.... 

... And to justify the irrationally dumb opinion he makes comments such as "I don't put much stock in 'michelin' ratings".... 

.... Which is quite amusing as the French who are renown for some of the best food in the world most definitely do... 

... I doubt many on here posting such negative opinions have even heard of Le Normandie or Gaggan....   and why would they when the only food they can get is something on rice?...... or they pull the wool over their own eyes thinking their own culinary mediocrity could pass muster for quality and consistency in a restaurant. 

------

Personally, I also dislike Gordon Ramsay... Well, I think I dislike him, I don't know him. But, I dislike is TV persona....     It would be rather dumb to allow that dislike to cloud any judgement when he has been trained by the best, has trained some of the best, has been so successful and has received so many awards from the pinnacle of standards in his industry.... 

... But sure... some guys believe their home cooking is better !!!!  Hilarious. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, arick said:

It will never happen.  Maybe one restaurant. 

What makes you think that ???

EmSphere / EmQartier Helix / Siam Square / Icon Siam / Central World / Mega Bang Na / Some stand alone places in Sathorn, Lad Prao...   also at Top Hotels in Phuket, Pattaya, Chiang Mai....

.... all seem viable locations. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

No, and why would I waste that kind of silly money, on any meal, and probably leave unsatisfied or hungry.

If you like 'trash talk TV' then you may enjoy supporting his venture.   Put him in with Jerry Springer, Morton Downey Jr. & Howard Stern (radio).

Simply insults to people's intelligence.

Talking about people's intelligence, :huh:, it seems you have spent a life worrying over the cost of going out to dinner, so didn't go, instead Mrs. MG had to put up with your creations as a surprise.............:saai:.................................????

I can accept you buying a cheap MG, but slagging off more expensive dining venues is a bit "rich"...????

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Do you not keep up to date with the news? Stereotypes exist for a reason....

The British public have terrible teeth because it is impossible for them to find an NHS dentist. People are literally driving for hundreds of miles to try and find one, others are having to pull out their own teeth - as can be read about in this BBC story in July of this year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-66167563

British food is notoriously bad. Just look at all of the top dishes that are recommended; sausage & mash, shepherds pie, roast dinner. All of these dishes are the same; meat, potato + veg.  The most popular takeaway food is all foreign. Italian, Indian, Korean, Thai, etc.

All cr@p, us British do not get teeth done on the NHS, unless something that needs a hospital, we have to pay for it. 

I think you read too much gossip.  :saai:

Where do you come from...?