Biden, Warning Trump Could ‘Destroy’ Democracy, Moves Past GOP Primary

Social Media

21 hours ago, ozimoron said:

That supports the dictionary definition, not your maga definition.

Did you not read and comprehend the first paragraph... Woke is an adjective derived from African-American Vernacular English (AAVE) meaning "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination".[1][2] Beginning in the 2010s, it came to encompass a broader awareness of social inequalities such as racial justice, sexism and LGBT rights. Woke has also been used as shorthand for some ideas of the American Left involving identity politics and social justice, such as white privilege and reparations for slavery in the United States.[3][4][5]

2 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Did you not read and comprehend the first paragraph... Woke is an adjective derived from African-American Vernacular English (AAVE) meaning "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination".[1][2] Beginning in the 2010s, it came to encompass a broader awareness of social inequalities such as racial justice, sexism and LGBT rights. Woke has also been used as shorthand for some ideas of the American Left involving identity politics and social justice, such as white privilege and reparations for slavery in the United States.[3][4][5]

That makes the definition of "woke" so vague and broad as to make the term meaningless.

Time to go back to using it as the past tense of "wake".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/22/2023 at 11:47 PM, BenStark said:

It will be a contest between the wokes and the "our own people first" party

On 9/26/2023 at 6:14 PM, Skipalongcassidy said:

I didn't expect you to understand either... so ... https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Woke

The discussion of the definition of "woke" was started by BenStark's post above.  How is his use of the word consistent with your definition?

On 9/26/2023 at 12:12 PM, heybruce said:

That's your "unique" (imaginary?) definition.  It's not the accepted definition.

Of course, wokes only accept the definition that fits their stance.

Like claiming Biden is a great president, although he has the lowest ranking in US history.

And no, wake is certainly not applicable here, as it is obvious that your great president it very rarely awake

Edited by BenStark
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

I just had a good chuckle. I was watching an Al Jazeera item about Biden and his warnings against Trump, and the commentator mentioned that Trump had 90 something charges against him, and 4 indictments, but his popularity just keeps increasing!

I'd love to be a fly on the wall of the Democrat HQ meeting room to hear what their reaction is to that situation. Seems the plan to litigate Trump into oblivion is having the opposite effect.

Trump also visited the Detroit Autoworkers and seemed to be having a lot of support, which must be a worry to the bumbler in chief.

19 hours ago, BenStark said:

And no, wake is certainly not applicable here, as it is obvious that your great president it very rarely awake

and even when "awake" seems to be only half so.

That guy needs to be retiring for a long rest, not looking to be POTUS for another 4 years, if that is even the plan, and not to just hand it over to harris after the election.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and even when "awake" seems to be only half so.

That guy needs to be retiring for a long rest, not looking to be POTUS for another 4 years, if that is even the plan, and not to just hand it over to harris after the election.

I'm not sure quite what'

s behind the sleepy joe rhetoric. It's almost as if Republicans don't believe that if Biden doesn't run,. Trump definitely loses.

There's not limit to how low it can go...

Former President Donald Trump drew laughs from California Republicans on Friday after he ripped Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and mocked her husband Paul Pelosi over the brutal hammer attack against him.

“We’ll stand up to crazy Nancy Pelosi who ruined San Francisco. How’s her husband doing, by the way, anybody know?” said Trump in a speech to the California GOP convention.

“And she’s against building a wall at our border even though she has a wall around her house, which obviously didn’t do a very good job.”

https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-appalling-paul-pelosi-dig-055520881.html

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 4:15 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I just had a good chuckle. I was watching an Al Jazeera item about Biden and his warnings against Trump, and the commentator mentioned that Trump had 90 something charges against him, and 4 indictments, but his popularity just keeps increasing!

I'd love to be a fly on the wall of the Democrat HQ meeting room to hear what their reaction is to that situation. Seems the plan to litigate Trump into oblivion is having the opposite effect.

Trump also visited the Detroit Autoworkers and seemed to be having a lot of support, which must be a worry to the bumbler in chief.

Nicki Haley is rising in the polls. Glenn Youngkin is meeting with donors.

Those two have a good chance of beating Biden.

Trump, conversely, will lose to Biden, barring unforseen disaster.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Nicki Haley is rising in the polls. Glenn Youngkin is meeting with donors.

Those two have a good chance of beating Biden.

Trump, conversely, will lose to Biden, barring unforseen disaster.

As always, in your opinion, unless you are actually psychic.

I'll be surprised if Biden lasts till the election though, and I'm hoping Trump bows out, so with any luck it'll be neither of them.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ballpoint said:

I haven't seen this reported in any other stories, but retiring Joint Chiefs Chairman, General Mark Milley would appear to agree with Biden, making a special reference to Trump in his retirement speech:

"We don't take an oath to a wannabe dictator.
We don't take an oath to an individual.
We take an oath to the Constitution.
And we take an oath to the idea that is America, and we're willing to die to protect it".

This comes following Trump's (not so) veiled death threat, which Milley commented on in a 60 Minutes interview, also shown in the linked CNN piece:

"As much as this comment is directed at me, it's also directed at the institution of the military.  And there's 2.1 million of us in uniform.  And the American people can take it to the bank that all of us, every single one of us, from private to general, will be loyal to that constitution, that we'll never turn our back on it, no matter what, no matter what the threats, no matter what the humiliation, no matter what".

Trump is a traitor.  A "wannabe dictator" who disrespects the US military and its constitution.  Who steals secret documents.  Who tries to overthrow democratic elections.  He would be well advised to heed his own words; "(these are acts) so egregious that, in times gone by, the punishment would have been DEATH!"  (His capitalization).  How any true American can support him is beyond me, but I guess they all have their own agendas, and won't let a little thing like treason get in the way of them.

Military personnel are not supposed to get embroiled in politics and unless he can provide actual proof Trump wants troops to swear to him personally ( as with Hitler ) he should keep his yap closed.

Good riddance I say.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I watched Biden whining on Al Jazeera about how bad the GOP is, which IMO  is hypocritical, given he is a creature of such politics.

It's clear you don't differentiate between between denouncing and whining.

Whine: "complain in a feeble or petulant way."

https://www.google.com/search?q=whine+definition&oq=whine+definition&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCDQzOTJqMGo3qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Whine: "publicly declare to be wrong or evil."

https://www.google.com/search?q=denounce&oq=denounce&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIGCAEQRRhB0gEIMTY4MGowajmoAgCwAgA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8