Russell Brand and why the allegations took so long to surface

Social Media

15 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

OK, he went into the toilet after her and locked them in and got his knob out and said....................can you look above at the previous posts for the in-depth report ?

According to whom? Did he admit to that? 

15 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

"Having rough sex and then having a rape test done afterwards will almost always result in a rape positive test."

Can you provide a link to that claim and also where did you get the information that this is what happened?

I'm not saying that's what happened. It was a general statement.  Usually you have vaginal tears and abrasions when a woman gets raped. But you can also get that during rough sex. 

3 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

I'm not saying that's what happened. It was a general statement.  Usually you have vaginal tears and abrasions when a woman gets raped. But you can also get that during rough sex. 

She claimed she was raped. Very different from rough consential sex. Considering she was examined on the same day at the rape crisis centre where they kept the evidence then I guess they know more than your speculation. Months of counselling later I guess her therapist also knows more. Brands apology to her after the incident is also recorded.

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

She claimed she was raped. Very different from rough consential sex. Considering she was examined on the same day at the rape crisis centre where they kept the evidence then I guess they know more than your speculation. Months of counselling later I guess her therapist also knows more. Brands apology to her after the incident is also recorded.

You’re missing the point. As I’ve said, having sex can cause injuries that are consistent with rape, whether you want to believe that or not doesn’t change the fact.  So, in other words, it’s possible that she’s framing him for rape when they really only had sex. That’s all I’m saying!  

By the way, I hardly believe that he publicly apologized for “raping” her. 

Edited by pacovl46
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

By the way, I hardly believe that he publicly apologized for “raping” her. 

Who claimed he apologized publicly?

"One woman alleges that Brand raped her against a wall in his Los Angeles home. She was treated at a rape crisis centre on the same day, according to medical records. Text messages show that in the hours after leaving his house, she told Brand that she had been scared by him and felt taken advantage of, adding: “When a girl say[s] NO it means no.” Brand replied saying he was “very sorry”.

A third woman claims that he sexually assaulted her while she worked with him in Los Angeles, and that he threatened to take legal action if she told anyone else about her allegation."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/russell-brand-rape-sexual-assault-abuse-allegations-investigation-v5hxdlmb6

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/25/2023 at 2:03 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Where is your evidence to back your repeated claims that Brand’s political views are anything at all to do with the allegations made against him?

Please...... don't you see "the trend?"

The message is loud and clear: go against the agenda and the media will dig up anything they can.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

The message is loud and clear: go against the agenda and the media will dig up anything they can.

Of if you have a history of illegal activity and you fear being exposed by the media , just go on a few rants about the Covid vaccine and blame the rants for your exposure , "They're out to get me because I mentioned Covid" 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/25/2023 at 4:51 PM, Berkshire said:

No it can't.  Some people say this all the time in defense of high profile men who've been accused.  Why do you guys do this?  Do you worry it might happen to you?  If you haven't done anything wrong, you need not worry.  I don't worry even a little bit.  And I've been with many, many women in my lifetime.  But the likes of Brand, Andrew Tate, et al, yeah, they should worry.

I doubt you could provide the money money money that they are apparently chasing.

It happens to celebrity men and rich men that can pay out.

If you won large in a lottery you might find that some of those women suddenly remember that you did something worth prosecuting.

If the women that suddenly decided that something happened 20 years ago "ruined" their lives were prosecuted themselves if the case was not proven, we might see less of such.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

I see the crack pot conspiracy nonsense.

If Brand didn’t commit any crimes all those years ago he has nothing to fear.

If he did then there was clearly something to dig up.

Perhaps you feel Brand should be above the law.

50 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I see the crack pot conspiracy nonsense.

People get cancelled all the time.

If Brand didn’t commit any crimes all those years ago he has nothing to fear.

He's been cancelled already. Demonitized by YouTube, lost his prospects. His career is over no matter the verdict.

He can't recover from this, even if he is found no guilty.

If he did then there was clearly something to dig up.

He's been taking shots at the media. Then, the media tried to find dirt on him. 

The media investigated it (not the police; they hadn't even received a complaint at the time) and published the story clearly as revenge.

Hardly a noble thing to do.

Perhaps you feel Brand should be above the law.

Absolutely not.

But I don't think the media should be able to act as it does.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

He's been cancelled already. Demonitized by YouTube, lost his prospects. His career is over no matter the verdict.

The media investigated it (not the police; they hadn't even received a complaint at the time) and published the story clearly as revenge.

Absolutely not.

What’s wrong with the media uncovering allegations of heinous crime?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Absolutely not.

"The media investigated it (not the police; they hadn't even received a complaint at the time) and published the story clearly as revenge.

Hardly a noble thing to do."

Don't knock investigative journalism, its a powerful tool of democracy and has uncovered many crimes and corruption cases. For decades, journalists have used investigative reporting to write stories on political corruption, crime, human rights abuses, and social justice issues.

Its now down to the police to see if there are any charges after they run their own investigations.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What’s wrong with the media uncovering allegations of heinous crime?

If that's what they were really  doing, fine.

But the fact he had been trashing them and only then they started trying to find dirt on him is highly suspicious.

He slagged them off. They cancelled him. Doesn't seem like they give a damn about these women. They had a different motive.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

If that's what they were really  doing, fine.

But the fact he had been trashing them and only then they started trying to find dirt on him is highly suspicious.

He slagged them off. They cancelled him. Doesn't seem like they give a damn about these women. They had a different motive.

OK let’s engage in some fantasy.

How does this fit?

Russell Brand looks back on his past life, even writes a book on it, he’s not proud but he thinks it’s all in the past.

Then the wind changes, #metoo shows up, Brand at first states his support for the movement, but shortly after swings right and into conspiracy land, particularly focusing on conspiracy accusations directed at the press and mainstream media.

Listen to Brand, he’s not stupid, he knows how to play his audience.

Perhaps the reason why his first response was two fold, a reasonably expected denial from which no judgement should be made, followed by launching into ‘the press and media’ are trying to silence me.

A defense he pulled out so effortlessly.

To use your term ‘suspiciously’ easy.

Now a question.

Which is more plausible.

A. The full spectrum of the UK’s press and media from left to right acted in coordinated unison to bring down Brand?

Or

B. Brand saw this coming and set up a narrative of him being a victim, better still, martyr to media conspiracy he himself alleges and which has been central to his messaging since he made his sudden swerve right?

Brand is doing what that other malignant narcissist is doing, trying to convince his followers they can’t trust the press, can’t trust the Justice system.

Its all rigged and bent, don’t trust any of it.

Trust Brand.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Now a question.

Which is more plausible.

A. The full spectrum of the UK’s press and media from left to right acted in coordinated unison to bring down Brand?

Scenario 'A' is completely plausible.

What you omit to mention is the security forces are now integrated into ALL UK media.

Not as observers (circa Falklands War), but as salaried editorial/production staff (since the 1990s).

How do I know this,

In the Falklands war the security officer sat next to me in the studio control room (and whispered in my ear).

From 1990 onwards, I was essentially sitting in both seats, and many of the journalists were getting two wages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

What you omit to mention is the security forces are now integrated into ALL UK media.

Not as observers (circa Falklands War), but as salaried editorial/production staff (since the 1990s).

How do I know this,

In the Falklands war the security officer sat next to me in the studio control room (and whispered in my ear).

From 1990 onwards, I was essentially sitting in both seats, and many of the journalists were getting two wages.

Conspiracy nonsense. The investigations were carried out by the Times and Dispatches Channel 4. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

How do I know this,

So you were hearing voices?!

8 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

it’s possible that she’s framing him for rape when they really only had sex. That’s all I’m saying!

Yes I noticed your trying to victim blame...............however why would I listen to you when their is an alleged victim that is speaking out, the medical records at the rape crisis center have been checked out along with the alleged perpetrator apologizing.

I'm not trying to shame anyone! All I'm saying is it is a possibility, and it's not like it hasn't happened before. Just look at Kevin Spacey! They totally ruined his career, but in court he won every single case! 

And again, did he apologize for raping her? Did he actually say I'm sorry I raped you? Don't think so because otherwise he'd be in prison already. So, in other words nothing has been proven, yet, and people are innocent until proven guilty  but in your mind you've already burned him at the stake!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Who claimed he apologized publicly?

"One woman alleges that Brand raped her against a wall in his Los Angeles home. She was treated at a rape crisis centre on the same day, according to medical records. Text messages show that in the hours after leaving his house, she told Brand that she had been scared by him and felt taken advantage of, adding: “When a girl say[s] NO it means no.” Brand replied saying he was “very sorry”.

A third woman claims that he sexually assaulted her while she worked with him in Los Angeles, and that he threatened to take legal action if she told anyone else about her allegation."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/russell-brand-rape-sexual-assault-abuse-allegations-investigation-v5hxdlmb6

Sorry, but the way this is written is inconclusive to me because of the word "adding" and the part that follows afer that! He could've apologized for something different and then she could've just added whatever she wants to make it look differently. I wanna see a screenshot. Also, he absolutely denies having raped anyone, but if they had it in writing that he admitted raping them then there's no point in denying it and this would be a textbook case of an open and shut case. I guess we'll have to wait end see what the trial brings to light. Until proven guilty he's innocent of the rape charges in my book. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

I'm not trying to shame anyone! All I'm saying is it is a possibility, and it's not like it hasn't happened before. Just look at Kevin Spacey! They totally ruined his career, but in court he won every single case! 

And again, did he apologize for raping her? Did he actually say I'm sorry I raped you? Don't think so because otherwise he'd be in prison already. So, in other words nothing has been proven, yet, and people are innocent until proven guilty  but in your mind you've already burned him at the stake!

Yes you are, that's your whole agenda to cast doubt on the allegation. 

Do you think he'd be stupid enough to say: "Did he actually say I'm sorry I raped you? Don't think so because otherwise he'd be in prison already."

Yes there are proven matters to hand, she did attend a rape crisis centre on the same day of the incident, samples were taken and are still there frozen, she did attend counselling for months as a result and Brand did apologize to her about the incident, this has been confirmed. She also made clear why she did not want it reported to the police.

However they remain factual allegations as they've not been proven in a court of law and those samples would need testing against Brand etc.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

It’s very possible to hold the opinion that Russell Brand and his accusers deserve to have their case judged by a jury in a court of law.

To not regard Russell Brand guilty, or his accusers liars,

And to discard conspiracies for what they are.

You should try it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes you are, that's your whole agenda to cast doubt on the allegation. 

Do you think he'd be stupid enough to say: "Did he actually say I'm sorry I raped you? Don't think so because otherwise he'd be in prison already."

Yes there are proven matters to hand, she did attend a rape crisis centre on the same day of the incident, samples were taken and are still there frozen, she did attend counselling for months as a result and Brand did apologize to her about the incident, this has been confirmed. She also made clear why she did not want it reported to the police.

However they remain factual allegations as they've not been proven in a court of law and those samples would need testing against Brand etc.

No, I'm not!!! Rape allegations are very serious and it's the cops job to investigate in all directions, that includes to make sure that she's not trying to frame him to rule out all options until they're left with the truth. 

Again and for the last time.

I'm not saying she lying, I'm saying it's possible that she is. I'm not saying he didn't rape her either because that's a possibility, too. All I'm saying is, all we have right now is allegations that need to be investigated thoroughly and if it turns out she was lying she needs to be punished for it and if it turns out he raped her then he needs to be punished for it! 

Finally, I wouldn't go as far as calling them "factual" allegations. They're just allegations because nothing has been proven, yet. ! I also wonder why she didn't go to the cops back then right after the crisis center.

• Thumbs Up 1