The Riviera Project at Jomtien

mike111

There's a massive project at Jomtien up ahead Thappraya road with huge signage "Riviera". It's glowing bright red at night and can't be missed on Jomtien skyline.

Is that a hotel or a condo? any first hand experiences what's its like (hotel or condo) and how's the management?.

Looks flashy from the outside but not all that glitters is gold.

1 hour ago, mike111 said:

There's a massive project at Jomtien up ahead Thappraya road with huge signage "Riviera". It's glowing bright red at night and can't be missed on Jomtien skyline.

Is that a hotel or a condo? any first hand experiences what's its like (hotel or condo) and how's the management?.

Looks flashy from the outside but not all that glitters is gold.

Riviera condos seem to have a good reputation and are expensive.  Expect very small rooms but high quality amenities.  I think you are talking about Ocean Drive here on second road, which is pretty much brand new.  There are very few lights on in there at night.  If you rent a room in there then there is a good chance it will never have been lived in

There are several large Riviera projects in Jomtien, including Riviera Jomtien, Ocean Drive, and Monaco.  They also have Riviera Wong Amat and The Palm in Wong Amat and they're starting a new project, Riviera Malibu, in Pratamnak.

They all feature quite interesting, dare I say exuberant, interior and exterior design and terrific amenities--the developer definitely raised the bar there.   The majority of the units at Riviera projects tend to be on the small size--true for many new projects.  But, some larger units are available.  Ocean Drive, for example, has some 2 bedrooms in the 80 to 90 sqm range.

40 minutes ago, champers said:

Have a big development at Wongamat too, also mostly empty.

There is a sales set up in Royal Garden Plaza for the Jomtien place, just inside the Beach Rd entrance.

We should probably clarify that 'mostly empty' does not mean the project is lacking in sales.  It has been a successful project with most of the units sold.  The Palm is sold out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, newnative said:

We should probably clarify that 'mostly empty' does not mean the project is lacking in sales.  It has been a successful project with most of the units sold.  The Palm is sold out.

Agreed. It is lacking in rentals.

14 hours ago, bbko said:

While I've never been inside the place, the vid looks like it's a nice looking condo;

I think that is a different "Riviera" to the one the OP is about, although both are on 2nd Road.

The Riviera Ocean Drive (not the condo building in the video) is recently completed. It is, I believe, a condo, not a hotel. But you are likley to find it full of Chinese tour groups, being used as a hotel, on short stays once the Chinese are back in numbers. Just like many of the large condo buildings in Jomtien seem to be now.  

All those infinity pools & lavish decorations are impressive but at the end its the owners who will have to pay for the presumably expensive maintenance. 

Any ideas what are the yearly fees at the Riviera (the one I refer to with the large red signage)?.

If owners don't pay their fees the place could fall into a complete disrepair rather quickly.

Edited by mike111
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, champers said:
On 9/25/2023 at 7:37 PM, newnative said:

Agreed. It is lacking in rentals.

So it's just waiting for the fire sales?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

So it's just waiting for the fire sales?

I read somewhere yesterday that many Chinese will be looking to sell up, so you could be spot on.

The collapse of Evergrande and other developers in China has left investors seriously out of pocket.

29 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Agreed, i wouldn't touch a place unless it was on the baht bus route or in the centre of town.

The baht bus in Jomtien is ok.

Same as the rip off motor cycle taxi boys. no issues to get around.

But more to the point.

Jomtien is very noisy now days.

Pattaya central,  has slow moving traffic most of the time. low noise from this.

Jomtien is just an expressway for loud bikes and cars, near all day and night.

It's way different than central pattaya.

Not even talked about the, cars with doors open music turned up full, on weekends,  on beach road. it went away when covid was on, but it's on it's way back now.

If people truly live there  they know what I'm on about.

But saying all that, I do like to see the Thais having fun on the beach

till, crack a fart sparrow, I ride down that way about 4am some days.

good luck to them. 

TIT.

Edited by quake

From my experience of buying a couple off plan and then flipping when complete , construction quality is average at best ,, everything is lowest acceptable quality same as Hyde park , Jomtien Paradise  , view talay  and a few others I have dabbled in over the years  after 5 years they all begin to look dingy and cracked ,, managements are only really interested in $$$$$$$ and minimal effort on maintenance just enough to keep up appearances ,, OK for rentals but long term hmmm

Edited by liddelljohn

On 9/26/2023 at 11:40 PM, JimTripper said:

There’s also not much around there. You have a big major street in front, only a few eateries & not many markets. You could walk easily to the beach and eat down there or at the Jomtein night market, but it would get repetitive if done every day long term (they sell the same food every night).

There’s another outdoor market  down the road near immigration but it’s probably too far to walk with a bunch of groceries, (especially during the daytime in the heat) and too far to walk to the eateries there every time you need a meal. You would probably need a motorbike unless you’re a serious walker and you can’t carry much on a motorbike.

Best thing to do would be to walk to the beach and catch the baht bus up and down. It’s doable, but it’s not like living in a central area, it’s kind of a trek doing it every day.

Thats why I chose to live in center. It’s not worth it to go that far for necessities on a daily basis long term unless you had a car.

You actually have Ratanakorn Market just behind. An excellent resource for inexpensive meat, fish, vegetables and fruit. But of course it doesn’t sound if you can cook or look after yourself in any kind of useful manner. So just down the road is Rompho Market for local precooked meals, bars, KISS restaurant and other restaurants of a decent size. Walking the other way is Back Fabrik; a German bakery covering breakfast, cold cuts etc

Lots of places before you even reach the beach road. 

• Like 2

On 9/27/2023 at 6:58 AM, Henryford said:

Agreed, i wouldn't touch a place unless it was on the baht bus route or in the centre of town.

But he is absolutely wrong. The best market in Pattaya is right there; Ratanakorn on Thepprasit. There’s also Rompho Market and loads of food centres on the beach road. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NextG said:

You actually have Ratanakorn Market just behind. An excellent resource for inexpensive meat, fish, vegetables and fruit. But of course it doesn’t sound if you can cook or look after yourself in any kind of useful manner. So just down the road is Rompho Market for local precooked meals, bars, KISS restaurant and other restaurants of a decent size. Walking the other way is Back Fabrik; a German bakery covering breakfast, cold cuts etc

+1, :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, NextG said:

Fortunately we have Google maps. Walking distances can be checked on there easily and also street view.

Edited by JimTripper

On 9/26/2023 at 5:01 AM, jippytum said:

word is the management at wongamat are not so good. They allow dogs and turn a blind eye to short term rentals. 

All of the Riviera Projects (& The Palm) officially allow small dogs & cats & the management/security are very strict on any rentals less than 30 days, plus the entrance doors at Riviera Wongamat require Facial recognition for which you need to register with the management office so no >30 days contract, no facial registration, no getting in the front door.

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

Expect overrated "common fees" monthly like some housing spaces in Hua Hin who charge absurd common fees per month around 4000 THB that is far to much. Community fees are to cover expenses and not make money for the project managers. But that is another story on a whole.

I lived in a 2br 2bth 70sqm unit at Riviera Wongamat & would get the bill for the common fees (obviously I didn't pay it), IIRC it was a little over 45,000b pa so I would guess 650b per sqm.