Former PM Thaksin Shinawatra to be eligible for parole next year

webfact

46 minutes ago, sambum said:

"The prison authorities and police officers monitored the 74 year old PM at the hospital at all times."

Typo? Or all part of "The Plan"?

There, fixed it.

The prison authorities and police officers are waiting on the 74 year old  PM's every whim , there for him at all times, day or night.

21 hours ago, mark131v said:

So the bloke who inherited shares in a defunct company ain't allowed into politics but yet another convicted jail bird is. That seems very, very Thai to me, how intelligent people put up with this is a mystery to me....

That last word on line four is questionable.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Will the 6 months detention be in the luxury royal wing of the police hospital or at klong prem jail?

Or perhaps home detention? 

What would you think, it certainly won't be klong prem ????

Edited by Artisi

The thai people are owed justice in this case - who is denying the people justice ? What right do they have to overthrow the rule of law? can we have a complete list of who is above the law please..Does this prove the law is up for sale in Thailand? Can we have the details of the deal..the tax paying public deserve complete transparency...as this type of decision is bound to be divisive and cause more problems further down the line.Also there has been no penalty for evading justice all these years....is that the law in Thailand?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not many active and former state leaders is being imprisoned and if so probably on easier terms as other inmates. Even if convicted, Trump will face no constitutional barriers to be running for the White House again. So not only Thailand, but not fair, the world never is. Who gets away with many things, a rich guy with an army of lawyers or one with a public defender? Money talks everywhere

Edited by hnorgaar
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Will the 6 months detention be in the luxury royal wing of the police hospital or at klong prem jail?

Makes no difference, wherever he is, Klong Prem or hospitalised, he is in the custody of the Corrections Department, i.e. he's serving his sentence, he's not free to go anywhere.  On being hospitalised, whether in the prison  hospital or any other whilst serving a sentence, does not put a hiatus on the sentence.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/26/2023 at 7:17 PM, mark131v said:

So the bloke who inherited shares in a defunct company ain't allowed into politics but yet another convicted jail bird is. That seems very, very Thai to me, how intelligent people put up with this is a mystery to me....

They just go with the flow 

47 minutes ago, Purdey said:

After he is free, he will still get pestered by foreign journalists asking about his conviction and entry back into politics. His reputation will be that of a slippery eel 

He's already a hero in Usan, unconditional love from them to him 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Correct, of course.

Sems to be too early for home detention.

So Royal suite police hospital, or is there another option yet not revealed?

I wouldn't push my luck, the royal suite sounds OK, considering he is being treated like royalty, he must have some interesting inside knowledge of someone very special considering the way he is being treated - and I don't mean for any supposed ailment. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, hnorgaar said:

Not many active and former state leaders is being imprisoned and if so probably on easier terms as other inmates. Even if convicted, Trump will face no constitutional barriers to be running for the White House again. So not only Thailand, but not fair, the world never is. Who gets away with many things, a rich guy with an army of lawyers or one with a public defender? Money talks everywhere

Who is this Somchai Trump?

20 minutes ago, Artisi said:

I wouldn't push my luck, the royal suite sounds OK, considering he is being treated like royalty, he must have some interesting inside knowledge of someone very special considering the way he is being treated - and I don't mean for any supposed ailment. 

about 20 years ago, there was a rumor that he assisted a particular individual

in resolving a difficult situation in cambodia ...

On 9/26/2023 at 8:29 AM, BE88 said:

It would be interesting to know how many millions he paid for his royal pardon and preferential treatment as a prisoner.

Irrelevant,..The interesting thing is that everybody has a price ! Specially in this Thai government !!!

• Haha 2

On 9/26/2023 at 8:23 AM, mark131v said:

Well that seems pretty clear cut doesn't it!!!

Only the most blind and deluded can think his treatment is the same as other similar aged and sickly prisoners!

Never heard of a prisoner being air lifted to hospital hours after arriving

Never heard of a Thai prisoner getting around the clock care

Never heard of a Thai prisoner being moved to a luxury hospital wing

Never heard of a long prison sentence being commuted within hours of arrival before the convict has served any prison time

I bet these hypocrites struggle to lie straight in bed....

That’s a lot of «  Nevers » . Never heard of how prominent / political /celebrity prisoners in the EU or USA are treated ? The same as Thaksin . How can you put an ex prime minister who was convicted in absence ,classed as a » white collar criminal «  into a prison with murderers/serial killers/ rapists ??  Ridiculous !

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, geisha said:

That’s a lot of «  Nevers » . Never heard of how prominent / political /celebrity prisoners in the EU or USA are treated ? The same as Thaksin . How can you put an ex prime minister who was convicted in absence ,classed as a » white collar criminal «  into a prison with murderers/serial killers/ rapists ??  Ridiculous !

think you need to check your facts about convicted in absence, from memory he skipped bail when allowed to travel overseas.  

• Love It 1

I am now well over 75, but 6 years ago had triple by pass surgery. I also have high blood pressure. I was in ICU for 5 days and in hospital for another 5. I cannot imagine what sort of surgery or medical condition could require him to be kept in hospital for so long.