Witch hunt against 'Big Joke' persists: Police probe rental properties linked to top cop

webfact

One of the things I found particularly interesting was when various of the news reports listed and named the 8 officers supposedly linked to Surachate, or referred to as his subordinates, who allegedly were linked to the online gambling network.

The 8 officers were spread out all over the RTP, in different geographies and different types of units within the RTP... some in Immigration, some in province stations, some in Traffic, etc etc...

I wonder just how officers in the RTP end up becoming part of BJ's team?  And what they have to do in order to become members?

• Confused 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

They're not his houses and what relevance is the gate?

Oh I don't know but aren't gated communities in BKK  a bit pricey isn't 5 houses on one estate unusual?

What about having four filled with his team isn't that a bit unusual?  never really heard of anybody needing their minions in 4 houses on the same gated estate in expensive BKK

What about the fact he is a General in an openly corrupt mafia like organisation? 

What about the fact he has had attempts on his life?

Certainly he doesn't sound to me like he is pure as the driven snow he is  RTP General a position that is commonly thought of as abjectly corrupt

Then again he might just be a cracking little saver, I know what I reckon is more likely!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mark131v said:

Oh I don't know but aren't gated communities in BKK  a bit pricey isn't 5 houses on one estate unusual?

What about having four filled with his team isn't that a bit unusual?  never really heard of anybody needing their minions in 4 houses on the same gated estate in expensive BKK

What about the fact he is a General in an openly corrupt mafia like organisation? 

What about the fact he has had attempts on his life?

Certainly he doesn't sound to me like he is pure as the driven snow he is  RTP General a position that is commonly thought of as abjectly corrupt

Then again he might just be a cracking little saver, I know what I reckon is more likely!

It's fairly normal for gang members to live together, gives them more security/fire power when rival gangs come calling.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mark131v said:
10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They're not his houses and what relevance is the gate?

They're not his houses and where has it been stated that they are located in a "pricey gated community"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's not a witch hunt if any of this sticks. But one can't help suspecting he has as many enemies in the high ups as he does friends.

He was certainly very vocal on Amarin last night and appeared confident and unfazed, almost relishing the media attention. I have no idea what he actually said though 

• Like 1

It is unlikely that Thailand will ever have a corruption free head of police because the system won't allow it. Paying for promotions and the lack of decent education prevents anyone "good" rising to a position of power. 

• Like 1

Just now, Purdey said:

It is unlikely that Thailand will ever have a corruption free head of police because the system won't allow it. Paying for promotions and the lack of decent education prevents anyone "good" rising to a position of power. 

The UK met police don't seem much different, sadly, despite decent education available.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Here's a conundrum

If the people who are doing the investigating are unusually wealthy should they not too be investigated?

BJ doesn't have the numbers to back him, he would be going up against very powerful people who see him as a threat, best to just bite his tongue and keep his head down, I like him, he seems to be a cut above when it comes to integrity - exactly why he is seen as a threat

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:
22 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They're not his houses and where has it been stated that they are located in a "pricey gated community"

Still he says he was renting at 50, 000 a month so not slumming it.

It also stated this...

"All five houses are owned by a Thai businessman known as Tam and his wife. Tam pays a community maintenance fee, estimated at 142,000 baht a year, and Amarin TV said Tam did not collect any rent from Big Joke".

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

I think in about 2 years when they win the next election

The Senate will never allow anyone who is not a friend of the generals to be in power - that's why they were put in place.

All this talk of The Senate being disbanded - I'll believe when I see it.  Even if that was to happen, any new government that tries anything that upsets the piggies at their trough will result in a further coup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottie12 said:

Used to be easy to get retirement visa based on earnings letter from Consul until Big Joke stopped it for no reason, keep hunting witches,couldn't happen to a nicer person.

I am also led to believe he wants to up the money in the bank to about 3 million Baht for retirement visa. That was the news about a month or so ago. I do not think he is a Farang friendly person, maybe I am wrong, but he has certainly ruffled some feathers somewhere. I wonder if he will arise as a phoenix like he did last time...

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mark131v said:

Is it a witch-hunt if he is unusually wealthy?

He certainly appears unusually wealthy wonder how that could happen for a RTP General?

Rhetorical question you understand....

Because his wife is worth a billion baht through her father's businesses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got to love the mentality , almost from

the same book as dead friend watches.

He is not a relative but does not collect any rent, while loved as a relative .

rented 2 houses for 50 000 but got 5 to use.

no doubt did not get anything in return , all in the name of love

Purely out of curiosity, why does BJ  or his father not own any property and need to rent ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really struggle at times to fathom the complete lack of common sense applied by some members when they post comments. Not a single poster has made mention of the 2 elephants in the room.  #1. The timing of the raid, viz 2 days prior to the announcement of who teh next top cop will be. #2. The fact the raid was led by Big Joke's main rival for the position.

What better way to virtually guarantee your appointment than to use any means available to discredit your opponent, whether valid or not.

All the numpties in here would rather post speculation without a single fact to support their absolute nonsense

Edited by TigerandDog
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Scottie12 said:

Used to be easy to get retirement visa based on earnings letter from Consul until Big Joke stopped it for no reason, keep hunting witches,couldn't happen to a nicer person.

Wrong!  It was  Embassies were not in compliance with checking that the data they provided was correct!  Suggest you check your facts first before becoming a keyboard warrior.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

Wrong!  It was  Embassies were not in compliance with checking that the data they provided was correct!  Suggest you check your facts first before becoming a keyboard warrior.

the embassies may not have been compliant with regards to checking the information was correct, BUT it was those Embassies that decided not to issue earnings letters any longer. It was not a decision made by BJ or Immigration. If what you claim to be is correct WHY do many of the embassies still issue earnings letters and Immigration accepts them. So again you need to have ALL your facts correct and not justify an inaccurate comment by coming back with only a partially correct one.

Edited by TigerandDog

2 hours ago, moe666 said:

That decision was a lot higher than Big Joke.

The thing I've always found strange about this Embassy /Consulate "income thing"  is that if you go in to make a stat dec, then my understanding was that you, and only you, are making a declaration, and the Embassy were simply confirming your signature and Identity  .........

NOT SAYING  that your declaration is true or false!!!

Does.this mean then, that these Embassies not longer witness ANY stat. Decs???

• Like 1
  • Confused 1