Pattaya Police Conduct Late-Night Surveillance to Deter Street Racing

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — At 0:30 AM, on October 1st, 2023, Pol. Maj. Chakkrit Chantakham and a Banglamung police investigative squad were stationed on the highway, Pattaya–Rayong bypass road, and on Krating Lai Beach.

image.jpeg

The surveillance purpose was to deter street racers on the highway from annoying locals late at night.

Furthermore, many youngsters gathering for a drink at the Krating Lai beach area would reportedly cause trouble for other visitors with loud noises and quarrels.

By Kittisak Phalaharn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2023-10-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Deserted said:

Those guys are just having a bit of fun.

I think half a dozen 12 wheelers should drive down there side by side and have some fun too! 

Be a better idea to open up the Bira track for them kids!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Build a race-track so they have somewhere to go.

Bira Circuit is about 15 mins from Pattaya.

However the issue with "race tracks" is they are not free to enter and not open in the early hours.

image.png.89b877f85fe50cda035d76eb903052be.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Wouldn't make a difference... there is plenty of legitimate recreation venues... we are talking drunk teens after midnight... you want to underwrite that?

Nothing to under-write... give them a place to go...
race is at their own risk... spectators are also under the same understanding.

Innocent bystanders will be no-where near them.

30 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

However the issue with "race tracks" is they are not free to enter and not open in the early hours.

Bike late night racers would die there...there are corners...street racer only like straight roads

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Plus you are not allowed to take guns in. What is the point of a racetrack if you can't carry a gun?

• Haha 1

They should also stop the extremely noisy bikes speeding up and down Thappraya road, both day and night. Max speed on this road should be 60kmp but there is not a single speed sign. There are a few gantry's over this road with a number of cameras and other equipment that could be used, but they probably don't work. Thousands of people live along this road in hotels, condos and houses and they are woken up every night by the noise.

On 10/3/2023 at 11:33 AM, transam said:

You will not stop youngster being youngsters unless you have authority controlling them.

I know, I was once a youngster, and in Court a few times for being an on 2 wheels youngster...............:stoner:

mods-DESKTOP-5F45ECF.jpg.a5b8554f6b918ce9c5eecdf2a2166de6.jpg

Thank you for informing us that you once a youngster......but now you are an old man living up in Ubon with nothing to do but post silly pictures.

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

Thank you for informing us that you once a youngster......but now you are an old man living up in Ubon with nothing to do but post silly pictures.

Good morning W.M.Worry, still struggling with that old thread, I see.

Would you like some more of my silly photos, just for you, I can....????