Gunshot-Like Sounds Reported at Bangkok’s Shopping Mall

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

So sad for all involved. R.I.P

What drives a 14 year old kid to do this??

To throw away your life and your freedom for the foreseeable future especially at such a young age. ????

Mental health issues. One article I read stated he had recently stopped talking his medication. As a Mental Health professional I can tell you issues like this are not uncommon when people who are getting help stop doing what is needed.  May the victims RIP and the injured heal and recover quickly. They of course will need counseling to help cope with the trauma.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I noticed a lot of Chinese in the Mall yesterday. 

In another "mall" the only language I could hear was Mandarin on weekend... Didn't even hear anyone speak Thai. Just Chinese everywhere. This Paragon incident and the part that Chinese woman was shot dead might change that a bit...

3 hours ago, SEAHOPPER said:

Was there at food mall ....at first i tought it was tenagers hype at some local celebrity crap...

Then i realised it was serious stuff after hearing first gun shoots ...

The few still there started runing towards other way and went to ground level by the back stairs near bathroom.....to a level wich is some sort of big clothes shop.

Security...well ..more like local unarmed floor clerk told us to keep on going ...

Wait couple minutes there ....and it seems he went up couse we heared again fire shoots at our floor not far...everybody stormed out of there like there was no tomorrow left to the street by parking lot ....

At some point i could not stop thinking about mumbai ... Better go far just in case...

Met some kuwaiti fellon and his girlfriend on the way out through some narrow thai style allyes and we ended close to pratunam pier....

Its probably a kid with a gaming overdose.... Thai kids do not strike me as bullies so i doubt its his background...is it ?

'Met some kuwaiti fellon'

???????? 

3 hours ago, Gaccha said:

You sometimes have to pass through them for malls and public transportation, but they long ago actually stopped checking in your bags (4 years ago?)  or checking clothes. Every time I go through it bleeps and I have never been stopped.

After this incident, they'll briefly improve security, and then after around 6 months it will lapse back to nothing. 

In any event, it's well known that "security theatre" (the performance and visibility of security for public consumption) doesn't actually work, and that the only effective measure is a very proactive system of recognising threats using CCTV and well trained anti-terror guards.

Correct, these so called 'security ' guards haven't got a <deleted> clue!, muppets. 

4 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

So sad for all involved. R.I.P

What drives a 14 year old kid to do this??

To throw away your life and your freedom for the foreseeable future especially at such a young age. ????

Dit you see how it look like, there is no telling its a boy or a girl.

What an ugly M.F....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Jonathan Swift said:

the cancer which is most virulent in the US and elsewhere now spreads into relatively peaceful countries like Thailand.

On the other hand, every time they ie the world's "peaceful countries" play /sing and dance along a music video from Michael Jackson, Taylor Swift or Madonna. Or rewatch for the umpteenth time Star Wars/Titanic (and crave for their endless sequels.) Do they ever take a pause and praise: "America is the land of such incredible talent/creativity. Thank you for sharing your best gifts for the rest of the world to enjoy"? - No, they DON'T.  (But a mass shooting anywhere on earth, and yep - )

Here's a small sample of another kind of "cancer" that America has been "spreading" to the rest of the world - and the world just can't get enough of:

Edited by watthong
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, gerritkaew said:

Dit you see how it look like, there is no telling its a boy or a girl.

What an ugly M.F....

Just because your gf /bf says your handsome dosent mean you are.

Come on gorgeous post a picture of yourself.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, watthong said:

On the other hand, every time they ie the world's "peaceful countries" play /sing and dance along a music video from Michael Jackson, Taylor Swift or Madonna. Or rewatch for the umpteenth time Star Wars/Titanic (and crave for their endless sequels.) Do they ever take a pause and praise: "America is the land of such incredible talent/creativity. Thank you for sharing your best gifts for the rest of the world to enjoy"? - No, they DON'T.  (But a mass shooting anywhere on earth, and yep - )

Here's a small sample of another kind of "cancer" that America has been "spreading" to the rest of the world - and the world just can't get enough of:

And the award for this week's biggest chip on the shoulder goes to........

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

American here, living in Bangkok. You are not correct. In the US these things attract major headlines and are regarded as just as tragic as anywhere else. Don't know why you seem to be imagining otherwise and seemingly insensitive to the suffering from those events, but it is YOUR imagination and not reality. No one in the US is by any means numb to this as you would suggest. There are protests and outrage in the US every time this happens. The politicians refuse to enact gun control because they are paid off by the gun lobby. Tragedy is Tragedy. There have been shootings and murders within 100 feet of my house in the US. Sandy Hook is only an hour from my house in the US. It's not any worse in Thailand just because of the location. What IS worse, in my opinion, is that the cancer which is most virulent in the US and elsewhere now spreads into relatively peaceful countries like Thailand. That makes me terribly sad. The shooter has an American flag on his hat, but it is not disclosed if he is American. If he is Thai, it would look like the American cancer has infected him. America is the worst of the western developed countries for violence in general, it's one of the reasons I came to Thailand

Good post. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom H said:

The security screenings at all entrances were not working!

Useless procedure when security is not following protocol and act by any sounds.

One day I noticed, at an entrance to Siam Center (the mall adjacent to Paragon) there was a video camera on a table next to the door, aimed at the entrance.  It wasn't plugged in, no light to indicated it was running on battery, and no data cable -- someone could have just picked it up and carried it off.  Would have been on the Skytrain within a few minutes.  So much for security.