Chalerm Dares Thaksin To Oust Him From Pheu Thai

webfact

10 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

OUTSPOKEN PHEU THAI MP Chalerm Yubumrung yesterday (Oct.4) dared de facto party boss Thaksin Shinawatra to depose him from the core coalition partner.

Chalerm said his personal relationship with Thaksin has completely ended after the de facto Pheu Thai boss had allegedly confided to some partisan members that he had found him and his son, former Pheu Thai MP Wan Yubumrung, to be “utterly irritating.”

Chalerm, the only Pheu Thai MP who declined to vote Srettha Thavisin for prime minister, is the fifth-ranking MP on the party list who has been allegedly disappointed for not being given a cabinet seat.

Without elaborating, the maverick lawmaker said the de facto Pheu Thai boss had not given him a cabinet seat only because he viewed him and his son as being “utterly irritating.”

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

TOP: Thaksin Shinawatra, Wan Yubamrung, Chalerm Yubamrung and Yingluck Shinawatra in Singapore in 2017. Photo: Sanook.com

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2023-10-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I didn’t know jailed  criminals could oust people!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Looking like all over the world including western countries. Dictatorship is the way it's gonna end up. A tightly knit group just wanting to keep hold. No more voting. I'd be surprised if there is another "real" election ever again.

Australia, US have a persona of democracy. But it's not what it seems. I guess we will have fancy amazing stories for our grand children of how things used to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That is probably the only time I agree with Thaksin.

Yep, me too.Junior Wan is trying on the Adolf Hitler look. Suits him just fine. All we need now is his other offspring, forgot his name, the fellow who shot an undercover  cop in a nightclub because the guy stared at him (actually Wan and his brother, the cop killer, had been in the habit of beating up people in nightclubs for staring before the fatal incident ) ,fled to Cambodia, till his dad arranged a short stint in the clink ,with a quick release. Isn't there something similar going on with the Shinawatras at the moment. 

• Like 1

Unlike the VERY old picture by the original poster we all know that Thaksin likes a glass of wine. Chalerm though is, what the British would call, definitely no stranger to the bottle. I - for one - am surprised, that this dinosaur is still alive after all that alcohol excess over which the media had not a field day but a field holiday 15+ years back. 

Chalerm and his lovely family of three sons were, are and always be "interesting" assets to the "Haute Volée" of the Thai society. 

23 hours ago, bizboi said:

I didn’t know jailed  criminals could oust people!

Well he just openly confirmed that a jailed person can pick who gets to get a cabinet seat. That same jailed person also promised to not be involved in politics.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Unlike the VERY old picture by the original poster we all know that Thaksin likes a glass of wine. Chalerm though is, what the British would call, definitely no stranger to the bottle. I - for one - am surprised, that this dinosaur is still alive after all that alcohol excess over which the media had not a field day but a field holiday 15+ years back. 

Chalerm and his lovely family of three sons were, are and always be "interesting" assets to the "Haute Volée" of the Thai society. 

But it was ear medicine!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Well he just openly confirmed that a jailed person can pick who gets to get a cabinet seat. That same jailed person also promised to not be involved in politics.

And did you believe every word Chalerm said?

42 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

He's not in jail though and never has been.

If we want to be pedantic then we should say convinced to jail. And yes he has been in jail, albeit briefly before moving to the VIP hospital for "treatment".

37 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Well I tend to believe people like that when they accidently spill the beans while ranting over something else.

I have never liked him or believed any word he has ever said. 

IMHO he is the most odious and repulsive people ever to have been inflicted on Thailand.

Why should Chalerm be "given" a cabinet seat in the first place anyway?

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

I have never liked him or believed any word he has ever said. 

IMHO he is the most odious and repulsive people ever to have been inflicted on Thailand.

Why should Chalerm be "given" a cabinet seat in the first place anyway?

Because he knows so many secrets.

On 10/4/2023 at 10:57 PM, scorecard said:

Sounds like a good reason to me, plus a few more adjectives: dangerous, immoral, unethical, highly corrupt, violent, at least...

Sorry mate but those last bits are prerequisites for all the present incumbents of govt house, was the same for the last lot too come to think of it!!