New TM30 Registration Web Site

9 hours ago, Thailand J said:

I didn't enter a check out date and the "add" was acceptable.

I have no idea what the fine print at the screen bottom is saying. After 7 days  I won't be able to get a screen shot?

Screenshot 2023-10-09 215057.png

It means only a max of a 7 day window of submitted TM30s will be shown when Searching.

Like say this new system had been around for years already and you wanted to search for a past TM30 say submitted  last January.  In the Date of Inform/Date of Arrival field you would need to enter start and end dates that creates a max of a 7 day window to search...or maybe the new system only requires a Date of Inform/Check in Date and it will automatically limit the search for a 7 day max window.  It's not like the system will search all dates for a TM30 submitted in the past but just a 7 day search window.   So to find/display a TM30 submitted in the past a person needs to have a good idea when the TM30 was submitted/check-in occurred.

Now I expect on the Immigration end they can search/find a past TM30 without being limited to a 7 day Search window but that's just a guess on my part.

10 hours ago, Thailand J said:

I didn't enter a check out date and the "add" was acceptable.

Since a TM30 is suppose to be submitted within 24 hrs of check-in and a person's checkout date could change at the drop of a hat which does not cause the need for a new/updated TM30 just because a person's checkout time changed by a little or a lot it seems to me the checkout time carries little importance other than if the immigration police where trying to locate a person and a checkout date might help to determine if the person might still be there based on projected checkout.

10 hours ago, fusion58 said:

I've always used the Section 38 app.

I wonder if that's still an option?

I tried the app about a week ago, yesterday, and this morning--was unable to logon. After entering my login credentials and clicking Login nothing happens.  I mean nothing...no rejection message like if you entered incorrect credentials...just nothing.

It's like trying to open a locked door which you have a key for but the key no longer works.

The last time I used the app was 9 months ago in January to successfully submit a TM30.

Me thinks the Sec 38 app no longer works (unless some other folks can confirm they can still login).  Another experiment in Thai govt software/app development tossed into the trash can.

4 hours ago, Pib said:

Your IO must be a nearby, uncrowded, Sleepy Hollow type IO.  However some (maybe most) of us don't have such an IO.

Takes me over one hour in Bangkok traffic just one way to my immigration office of Chaeng Wattana and which always has tons of customers waiting to be served.  Counting round trip drive time and queue time any trip to CW is going to eat up hours and hours.

Or I could submit a TM30 online in minutes.

I choose online...no travel/queue time...no costs.

I agree. It's a 170 Km round trip to my IO.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

4 hours ago, Pib said:

I tried the app about a week ago, yesterday, and this morning--was unable to logon. After entering my login credentials and clicking Login nothing happens.  I mean nothing...no rejection message like if you entered incorrect credentials...just nothing.

It's like trying to open a locked door which you have a key for but the key no longer works.

The last time I used the app was 9 months ago in January to successfully submit a TM30.

Me thinks the Sec 38 app no longer works (unless some other folks can confirm they can still login).  Another experiment in Thai govt software/app development tossed into the trash can.

Several people (including myself) have posted that the section38 app doesn't appear to be compatible with the new TM30 website. See my post on the previous page.

8 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

It' been reported by some posters (including myself) that it doesn't appear to be compatible with the new system. Some useful info in these existing threads.

I can confirm the reports.

I tried to log into my account on the Section38 app for iOS using my old credentials. No luck.

Then, after registering on the new TM30 site, I tried to log into the app with my new credentials. Still no luck.

Unfortunately, the Section38 app appears to be dead in the water.

2 hours ago, fusion58 said:

I can confirm the reports.

I tried to log into my account on the Section38 app for iOS using my old credentials. No luck.

Then, after registering on the new TM30 site, I tried to log into the app with my new credentials. Still no luck.

Unfortunately, the Section38 app appears to be dead in the water.

Thanks...sure sounds like immigration as abandoned the Sec 38 app....now just a zombie app taking up storage space on our phones.....app uninstall time.

15 hours ago, Pib said:

Thanks...sure sounds like immigration as abandoned the Sec 38 app....now just a zombie app taking up storage space on our phones.....app uninstall time.

I suppose it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they'll link it again once the new website has had all the kinks ironed out, or even release yet another app, I won't be holding my breath though.  e-service launches here all seem to be pretty shambolic (especially when it's government department based) and that's being kind!

Edited by SooKee
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, SooKee said:

I suppose it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they'll link it again once the new website has had all the kinks ironed out, or even release yet another app, I won't be holding my breath though.  e-service launches here all seem to be pretty shambolic (especially when it's government department based) and that's being kind!

Yea...agree....in a galaxy far, far away type possibility.

But since the new system is easier to use, requires less info than the old system,  and the new system webpage works fine on a smartphone I'm going to guess a phone app version will not occur in this galaxy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the days of apps for Immigration are over.

And the bulk of the TM30 filings are done by hotels, via the Excel upload feature. ~ 18 million international arrivals to date.

Just use a browser, on a phone.

The 90-Day Immigration eservices app is dead.

Sec 38 is dead.

Obviously that TM6 app is dead.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

I think the days of apps for Immigration are over.

And the bulk of the TM30 filings are done by hotels, via the Excel upload feature. ~ 18 million international arrivals to date.

Just use a browser, on a phone.

The 90-Day Immigration eservices app is dead.

Sec 38 is dead.

Obviously that TM6 app is dead.

It seems somewhat strange Immigration seems to be dropping phone apps and just sticking with webpages. 

Kinda like they just tossed eservices type apps in the trashcan when the overall trend is increased use of smartphone apps like for regristration/delivery of certain Thai govt services/benefits, some Thai banks now only offering mbanking vs also ibanking.  

6 minutes ago, Pib said:

It seems somewhat strange Immigration seems to be dropping phone apps and just sticking with webpages. 

Kinda like they just tossed eservices type apps in the trashcan when the overall trend is increased use of smartphone apps like for regristration/delivery of certain Thai govt services/benefits, some Thai banks now only offering mbanking vs also ibanking.  

Yes, seems to be the opposite direction that other agencies are going.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 5:15 PM, bamnutsak said:

Can you share any detail here?

Who are these "others"?

Where did you hear about their experience?

I did see another thread related to this potential linkage.

I've been searching for answer to this question, that is

Is everyone registered on the 'old' system required to file a TM30 on the NEW system?

I have not found an answer, nor have I heard (from posts here and on FB) there is a linkage between an online TM47 and a new TM30.

I registered on the new site, but have not refiled TM30s; I've the Excel sheet completed for all tenants, but have not uploaded it, yet.

I suspect Immigration would prefer we file on the new system - I'm sure they have no plans to migrate records from the old system to the new one. It would be great if they informed us of any policy on this matter.

There are one or two great threads here on the new TM30 site.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1306628-tm30-new-website-address-for-filing-notifications-and-registration/

Basically

register to use the site email, pw, new pw

register the building blue book/house doc, owners thai id

file for any occupants 

https://tm30.immigration.go.th/TM30/Foreigner/TM30EN/Home.html

https://tm30.immigration.go.th/TM30/Foreigner/TM30EN/VDOGuide.html

So do we need to file TM 30 on the new system (after setting it up) if we filed in June on the old system? We tried but it stuck on "in progress" and now about a month later we can't find the filing on the new system.

1 hour ago, placnx said:

So do we need to file TM 30 on the new system (after setting it up) if we filed in June on the old system? We tried but it stuck on "in progress" and now about a month later we can't find the filing on the new system.

It would seem prudent to do so.

A long post with a historical quote with a screenshot of an old online TM30 application has been removed. The quote provides no context to explain its inclusion. I suggest the original author, at most, provides a link to his old post (together with a warning that it contains outdated information).

14 hours ago, placnx said:

So do we need to file TM 30 on the new system (after setting it up) if we filed in June on the old system?

This is probably reporting office-dependent, so best to ask there.

Personally, I filed a new one on the new system.

14 hours ago, placnx said:

We tried but it stuck on "in progress" and now about a month later we can't find the filing on the new system.

I'd try to file again, on the new system and get through to the "Informed" success screen (In the Inform Status" box), the do a screen grab of that screen and the "Search" screen which shows individual, multiple records.

4 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

I'd try to file again, on the new system and get through to the "Informed" success screen (In the Inform Status" box), the do a screen grab of that screen and the "Search" screen which shows individual, multiple records.

Thanks. I'll give feedback tomorrow on the results.

On 10/22/2023 at 1:23 PM, placnx said:

Thanks. I'll give feedback tomorrow on the results.

Somewhere we saw that to view filed reports one clicks on box next to address and then clicks on "search", no mention of inputing dates into middle or right side fields at top of window. Didn't work. At previoud attempts when we put in dates, got "no data" response. 

In our inital attempt on 23 September, we did the filing soon after setting up the account. Result was "in progress" not changing to "informed".

To file now, what do we put in these date fields?

1) Actual date of entry/check in, which was in June? I am living in a house, was returning from a foreign trip, and filing TM 30 because Chiang Mai Immigration has a different rule than the national one, so we have to file even if returning to home on a reentry permit.

2) As for check out date, last time we put expiry date of current retirement extension in December.

We just tried to put in June as check-in date, but system responded "Check-in Date must be within 24 hour" . This is one of those Catch-22 things, since you will be punished for telling a lie! Maybe it would be better to forget about it and show the filing on the old system????

Edited by placnx

On 10/22/2023 at 9:17 AM, bamnutsak said:

I have replied (to myself by mistake). Please see above.

On 10/9/2023 at 8:30 AM, bbi1 said:

It's a good question but nobody here seems to knows the answer to it.

We just moved so needed a new TM30, I registered as a tenant / possessor.  Uploaded front page of the contract and passport details page (same as the old system).  Got immediate authorisation, added the address and did my own TM30.