Thai billionaire’s fortune plummets: Freelance girlfriend accused of fraud, theft

snoop1130

The story doesn't really explain.   So it took him 18 yrs to see his billion go down down down to 10 million.

He didn't see his bank balance going down down down ....  and decide to put a stop to it. ?

oh well'  he's still got 10 million,   and her family are all quite wealthy and rich and happy.  ????

• Like 2

14 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

I know quite a few rich people get their money by illegal means, or by bending the rules , but if you have that much money, why would any sane person choose a freelance prostitute? There are plenty of greedy women out there would would do anything to be with a rich man. Beautiful women who will sleep with anyone if their wallets fat. But then again, sometimes karma does hit the right people.

After reading the article, it seems to me the only thing she asked for was the money for her father's surgery, everything else he offered or just provided. How is that theft or fraud?  He paid her for a service, and she provided the service. 

• Like 2

Sadly the gods gave us two heads, but only enough blood to run one at a time. 

Man, he must have been senile to allow a gal fleece him for 'billions'. Millions maybe but billions !!?? 

In the years I used pay for play freelancers, with some over many years of regular contact any fleecing was minimal and no request for 'sick buffalo' money was ever handed over. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

but if you have that much money, why would any sane person choose a freelance prostitute?

And what you call those women you suggest?

There are plenty of greedy women out there would would do anything to be with a rich man. Beautiful women who will sleep with anyone if their wallets fat.

No fool like an old fool.  Perhaps there's more to the story than the Thaiger article but, if not, I'm not seeing a crime.  He freely bought her all the things mentioned, freely paid the hospital bills, freely paid her large sums monthly, freely gave her other large sums of money, etc.  Freely started the business mentioned.  Now he wants his gifts back.  Good luck with that.

The real crime is how he could have blown a billion baht so stupidly and been so unaware of his dwindling fortune.  Now, with apparently just 10 million baht left, he comes to his senses.  Welcome to the real world, guy!  Welcome to Cattle Class when you fly.  Welcome to normal housing, normal restaurants, normal shopping, normal everything.

You're 70.  10 MB doled out at 50,000 baht a month will buy you 16.6 years, which will get you close to 87 years old--if you survive that long, which I find doubtful as you seem to lack enough sense to cross a street safely.  You'll still have a larger monthly income than many Thais.  I suggest you learn your quite hard-learned--and quite long--lesson and practice some fiscal discipline--or you may find yourself sleeping in whatever car you have left.

• Thanks 2

Good Job Girlie!

Great mix between 3 Luxury Cars just as a gift and the obligatory 300k for father's surgery as a little self treatment...

I love these Thailand "I lost all to a biach" stories.

They getting told from the stone table as first hand story or in high class places where only the most professional beauty has a chance to be part of the story. 

18/80 years constellation:

As long you are only rich enough to buy cheap, you are safe from such gold diggers LOL

I suspect they mean a baht billionaire, which is about $27 million. Not exactly Forbes 400 level.

It's still surprising if she extracted a sizable percent of that, but even the greediest gold digger would have taken her ill gotten gains and disappeared long ago if she pulled more than a rounding error from a dollar billionaire.

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

My question is how does a. Billionaire lose that much money and not know.

He obviously had to work to get it.

Hell he makes silly Farang look like rockstars 

Because most billionaires are not really billionaires.

Haven't we read similar tales dozens, maybe hundreds, of times where the person who has been tricked is a foreigner. Not involving such large sums, of course.  Interesting to see there are gullible Thais as well. But I don't see how he has any grounds for fraud. Everything he gave her was of his own free will. Trying to save face, I suppose, blaming her instead of himself. Just another example of a Thai never taking responsibility for their actions. 

3 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

She is 45, been with the old fool for 18 years..

You gotta learn to read  :whistling:

I was in a hurry, bring out the tar and feathers at your leisure.

I suggest you learn grammar and spelling.

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I was in a hurry, bring out the tar and feathers at your leisure.

I suggest you learn grammar and spelling.

Sorry to show my lack of refined English.

I come from fine Australian convict stock.

Is that more to your liking. ????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

Sorry to show my lack of refined English.

I come from fine Australian convict stock.

Is that more to your liking. ????

I am from Australian stock too. AFAIK, there are no convicts in my ancestry. 

Not being judgmental, but isn't the term "fine Australian convict" an oxymoron?