ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

No they won't. That said information on individuals, locations, techniques and equipment will be flowing into Israel. Their own military will provide the people on the ground.

"People on the ground".

Do you refer to a ground invasion of Gaza?

If they do invade it removes all the advantages they have by bombing from the skies. They have created the ideal environment to level the playing field by reducing so many buildings to rubble. The israeli troops will be fighting against an entrenched enemy that has nothing to lose, and will face opposition for every inch of ground. Of course the israelis will win in the end, but at the cost of many dead.

However, they may be waiting for all the Gazans to die of thirst before moving in.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Wow - kinda sounds exactly like genocide.

Not really. Genocide would be carpet bombing Gaza from 6 miles up.  The Israelis have been amazingly restrained in their response so far.  The Israeli Air Force has more than 200 attack aircraft, only a handful are being used. 

But I have a feeling that will change soon. 

10 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Wow - kinda sounds exactly like genocide.

Advocating genocide of 2 million people, women and children included sounds like something that came out of 1940s Europe.

Didn't people disagree with that back then?

They even went to war against the people committing the genocide.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Advocating genocide of 2 million people, women and children included sounds like something that came out of 1940s Europe.

Didn't people disagree with that back then?

They even went to war against the people committing the genocide.

Quite the double standard eh?

We live in a world where any who doesn’t like the taste of matzoh ball soup is labelled antisemitic.

• Thumbs Up 2

32 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You do remember that during the process of liberation of Europe from the Nazis, many civilians were killed by Allied bombing.

Relevant to the situation in Gaza.

I am sorry, but you are rooting for pure evil. Did you likewise support ISIS in their murderous struggle against the US?

Two wrongs make a right?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have to disagree. The states have to abide by the constitution. Israel has no such constraints.

I don't know what hold the israelis have over the US, but it must be significant.

Who do the Jews vote for in AMERICA? 

8 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

I bet he didn't serve.

Hey, steady on, he has probably read all the books, got all the kit stored in his cupboard for when the time comes, and likely has been cultivating the droopy moustache for several years now.

like one of those "slinkys" - the tightly coiled springs that kids have - totally useless but great fun watching them fall down stairs...

2 hours ago, Morch said:

Surely how? Do you think that in this minute Israel knows exactly who murdered which child? Plus his exact whereabouts? No, you don't. Was there anything said about Israeli bombing specifically targeting specific Hamas people directly involved with killing children and babies? No, there wasn't.

But you can bet your bottom dollar that immense effort is going to go into finding out who did what, when and where. Then they will face a reckoning.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Hamas are already classed as a terrorist organisation (because they are a terrorist organisation)

I’m sure the Israeli’s are going to handle the situation just fine without a bunch of bumbling Poms getting in their way.

No, I’d rather see a proportional response that truly tries to minimise civilian casualties in both sides. If a proportional response is genuinely what Israel’s plans are then they should allow international observers and have embedded journalists to document the actions of both sides.

If you pay proper attention, you will note that I have never denied this particular atrocity has occurred, I’ve simply applied rational and impartial logic and held back on accepting unsubstantiated claims at face value.

It is quite possible Hamas have literally cut beheaded 40 infants - but there is no widely available evidence at the moment that this is the case nor is there yet official Israeli confirmation that this is the case.

It is quite clear you value dehumanising Palestinians in your blind support of Israel over the truth - else you would wait for sufficient supporting evidence before clamouring for genocide to be committed.

Hamas's classification as a terrorist organization is challenged every now and then. Moreover, different countries require different support for making such classifications. Also, some designate only Hamas military wing as terrorist while giving other Hamas bodies a free pass. Hence collecting such evidence is very relevant for future use. Take for example, extradition requests. Further, introducing new sanctions sometimes requires new support, that too is on the list.

Guess UK authorities will sort cooperation issues with Israel without your 'informed', 'professional' input. No one said anything about 'getting in the way' and certainly not 'bumbling' other than yourself. All the rest of your deflections are again the one sided fare, with the imaginary impossible bits tossed inside.

Don't recall you going on about 'proportional' with regard to Hamas attacks, or the other stuff you 'require' from Israel.

As for denying Hamas atrocities - dig further, by all means.

And 'value dehumanising' Palestinians? You're making things up now, or confusing my posts with other posters. No one time on this topic did I "clamor for genocide to be committed". Just your usual desperate lies.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

The Israeli government has anounced a war cabinet, with opposition parties joining the government.  They are basically suspending all domestic politics until this problem is solved.  They are serious about killing every Hamas terrorist, along with everyone who supports them, and ensuring that they never come back. 

The people of Gaza have been tolerating the cancer in their midst for too long. Now they will have to pay the consequences. 

The political landscape will never be the same when this war is over. It will be a long dragged out war if the Israel government intend to annihilate every Hamas and its infrastructures. FIBUA in densely populated Gaza will be a long grinding war with heavy casualties on both sides and considerable civilians sufferings. However the savagery of the Hamas militants will be answered by a resolute IDF. I do hope there will be mediated ceasefire and a political settlement based on the principles of the Oslo Accord. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

The Israeli government has anounced a war cabinet, with opposition parties joining the government.  They are basically suspending all domestic politics until this problem is solved.  They are serious about killing every Hamas terrorist, along with everyone who supports them, and ensuring that they never come back. 

The people of Gaza have been tolerating the cancer in their midst for too long. Now they will have to pay the consequences. 

Not quite. Only one (large) opposition party is in.

And while Netanyahu & co. now hymn 'unity', their social media 'poison machine' is in full gear spinning blame away from Netanyahu, and laying it on the opposition, anti-government protestors, the Supreme Court, and even, bizzarly, one news anchor.

Coalition members even found the time, during the fighting, to transfer even more funds to religious parties interest, but could not spare it for talks pertaining to the situation at hand.

The divide is very much still there.

As for them 'all hamas' comments, that's fodder for public consumption. Not doable anyway.

2 hours ago, Morch said:

It's of consequence in two scenarios:

(a) years later one of the murderers surfaces and tries to get a UK or EU visa etc.

(b) supporting evidence when classifying Hamas as a terrorist organization, or wishing to apply sanctions.

Or arrives in a dinghy via the English Channel with no passport or visa.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The political landscape will never be the same when this war is over. It will be a long dragged out war if the Israel government intend to annihilate every Hamas and its infrastructures. FIBUA in densely populated Gaza will be a long grinding war with heavy casualties on both sides and considerable civilians sufferings. However the savagery of the Hamas militants will be answered by a resolute IDF. I do hope there will be mediated ceasefire and a political settlement based on the principles of the Oslo Accord. 

Hamas renounced the Oslo Accords. Many elements of the Israeli current government and coalition would love to dismantle it as well. I wouldn't hold out any hopes for breakthroughs on the peace front following right after this.

59 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Far right wing religious extremist nutter strategy straight out of the Ariel Sharon playbook

Edited by MrMojoRisin
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The good news is that she may have survived , been reports that she is alive in a Gaza hospital .

Seem some people praising Hamas for rescuing the injured woman  and taking her to Hospital in Gaza

...until the power cuts out of course.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

You do remember that during the process of liberation of Europe from the Nazis, many civilians were killed by Allied bombing.

Relevant to the situation in Gaza.

I am sorry, but you are rooting for pure evil. Did you likewise support ISIS in their murderous struggle against the US?

Nobody is rooting for Hamas here.

Opposing Israel's occupation and expansion into Palestinian lands does not equal supporting Palestinian terrorism such as the atrocities committed by Hamas in recent days.

This is very simple to understand, but Israeli apologists continue to spout such nonsense because without this ridiculous claptrap, there is no sane, rational, logical, reasonable or humane way to defend what Israel is doing to an entire people.

As for WW2 - perhaps a quick reading of Slaughterhouse 5 is in order.