ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

3 minutes ago, deejai33 said:

Its good to be discussing a full solution to this 100+ years conflict.

I disagree with you that a zero-state solution for Palestinians will be the outcome, when the Palestinians die out or leave their lands.

More opimistically, can I offer this at first sight overly optimistic 2 state option:

1. Palestinians realize they won't get the entire land of Palestine back.  They won't win against Israel which has unswerving support from USA. 2 aircraft carriers, surely makes that clear.

2. Israel needs to come clean about the history of Zionism since 1895 and apologize.

Just as countries such as Holland are now apologizing and accepting their role and immoral actions in creating colonies, slavery.   Say sorry, accept it waa wrong to push native population out of lands they colonised.

Israel can say sorry.  Forgive us.  But we are in Israel now, and prospering.  Israel can then offer to help make a viable palestinian state with genuinely fair share of the territory.  And offer to help palestinians build it and prosper.

Palestinians can see this as an honest attempt to move on.  Agree to work for a fair 2 state solution.

How about that for a happy ending ! I should become a statesman.

Both sides giving up strongly felt beliefs and animosity for a peaceful future.

4 minutes ago, deejai33 said:

Its good to be discussing a full solution to this 100+ years conflict.

I disagree with you that a zero-state solution for Palestinians will be the outcome, when the Palestinians die out or leave their lands.

More opimistically, can I offer this at first sight overly optimistic 2 state option:

1. Palestinians realize they won't get the entire land of Palestine back.  They won't win against Israel which has unswerving support from USA. 2 aircraft carriers, surely makes that clear.

2. Israel needs to come clean about the history of Zionism since 1895 and apologize.

Just as countries such as Holland are now apologizing and accepting their role and immoral actions in creating colonies, slavery.   Say sorry, accept it waa wrong to push native population out of lands they colonised.

Israel can say sorry.  Forgive us.  But we are in Israel now, and prospering.  Israel can then offer to help make a viable palestinian state with genuinely fair share of the territory.  And offer to help palestinians build it and prosper.

Palestinians can see this as an honest attempt to move on.  Agree to work for a fair 2 state solution.

How about that for a happy ending ! I should become a statesman.

Both sides giving up strongly felt beliefs and animosity for a peaceful future.

Your wrong deejai33 its about Israel at war now as the Thread title says not what happened a 100 years ago.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Google: Israel mowing the lawn

No, given your propensity for redefinitions, I'd rather just go by one in your own words so we're clear from the get. 

Just like I used your link to show that over half of Palestinians support hamas eradicating Israel, I don't have to worry about you lying about the quality of the data.  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Morch said:

Israel does not recognize the the ICC's authority. 

Hamas usually does a charade of accepting investigations, then limiting access of investigators to information, witnesses and sites.

Israel should recognize the ICC.

By not doing it, they look like they have war crimes to hide.

Hamas too should allow full access for ICC investigators.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, deejai33 said:

You only added this line to try and kid everyone that you have a sense of impartiality. Who in their right mind would think that people who cut open a pregnant woman while she was still alive and removed her unborn baby, beheaded it in front of her and then beheaded her, would be willing to give full access to ICC investigators … you either think we are all gullible enough to be fooled by your obvious ploy, or you exist in a parallel dimension.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Once the IDF go further into Gaza Air Strikes will cease unless there called in from a spotter. Then we will see how Hamas fight. But I suspect they will run through the tunnels to join up with Hezbolah they won't take on the Israeli army.

The Gaza Strip borders Israel and Egypt. Hezbollah are in Lebanon. How does this run thing work, then?

Also, again - IDF actually takes this way more seriously than you. Expecting strong resistance in an area favoring the defending team, and casualties involved.

All this gung ho stuff is ridiculous.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, deejai33 said:

Israel should recognize the ICC.

By not doing it, they look like they have war crimes to hide.

The ICC and the UN should be less biased against Israel.

Maybe then it will be considered.

Should....

Could you deal with reality rather than dream up stuff?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

No, per the link, only about 45% do not support hamas' exterminating the Jews. 

About 12% a great deal, about 18% quite a lot, and about 22% not a lot. That 52% that support, and less than 45% (None at all) that don't support hamas' exterminating the Jews. 

I always liked Topcat (and Hong Kong Phooey).

Your understanding of the polling you're quoting is quite deficient.

When asked how they would vote if presidential elections were held in Gaza and the ballot featured Ismail Haniyeh, the leader of Hamas, Mahmoud Abbas, the president of the Palestinian Authority, and Marwan Barghouti, an imprisoned member of the central committee of Fatah, the party led by Abbas, only 24 percent of respondents said they would vote for Haniyeh. Barghouti received the largest share of support at 32 percent and Abbas received 12 percent. 

Here's a morsel you can get some milage out of:

Most Gazans attributed the lack of food to internal problems rather than to external sanctions. ... In short, Gazans were more likely to blame their material predicament on Hamas’s leadership than on Israel’s economic blockade.

This not so much milage for you:

Overall, the survey responses indicate that Gazans desire political change. About half of Gazans expressed support for democracy: 48 percent affirmed that “democracy is always preferable to any other kind of government.” Given the low opinion most Gazans hold of their government, it is unsurprising that their disapproval extends to Hamas as a political party. 

By and large, Gazans do not share Hamas’s goal of eliminating the state of Israel. When presented with three possible solutions to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict (as well as an option to choose “other”), the majority of survey respondents (54 percent) favored the two-state solution outlined in the 1993 Oslo accords.

No mention of exterminating Jews in the article so can't give any figures on it - you should just go with your gut feel - it's not as if facts are important to you.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/israel/what-palestinians-really-think-hamas#:~:text=On the eve of Hamas's,percent of the adult population.

Edited by MrMojoRisin

15 minutes ago, Morch said:

The Gaza Strip borders Israel and Egypt. Hezbollah are in Lebanon. How does this run thing work, then?

Also, again - IDF actually takes this way more seriously than you. Expecting strong resistance in an area favoring the defending team, and casualties involved.

All this gung ho stuff is ridiculous.

🤣🤣🤣

The run thing works by taking the 300km tunnel from Lebanon to Gaza.

And yes, the IDF have not forgotten Jenin.