ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

"Amnesty International is antisemitic according to some here."

Actually according to some elsewhere to....................

In April 2015, Amnesty International voted against a motion proposing that it fight against antisemitism in the UK, which reached then-record levels in the previous year; despite its extensive attention to the single issue of Islamophobia in earlier years, Amnesty stated that it would be inappropriate to campaign for an issue with a "single focus" and that Amnesty "fights against discrimination in all its forms."[52][53][54]

In November 2016, Amnesty International conducted a second internal investigation of Benedict for comparing Israel to the Islamic state.[55]

In April 2021, Amnesty International distanced itself from a tweet written in 2013 by its new Secretary General, Agnes Callamard, which read: ""NYT Interview of Shimon Perres [sic] where he admits that Yasser Arafat was murdered"; Amnesty responded by saying: "The tweet was written in haste and is incorrect. It does not reflect the position of Amnesty International or Agnès Callamard."[56][57][58] Callamard herself has not deleted the tweet.[56]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Amnesty_International

Amnesty’s Outrageous Lie, its Big Problem with Jews, and the Truth About Israel

https://www.ajc.org/news/amnestys-outrageous-lie-its-big-problem-with-jews-and-the-truth-about-israel

Antisemitism in the Amnesty International Report on Israel

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/doceo/document/E-9-2022-000932_EN.html

Analyzing Amnesty’s Antisemitic Apartheid Attack

https://www.ngo-monitor.org/reports/amnesty-apartheid-analysis/

Interesting, thank  - the AJC will have some unbiased reporting! 

I'd rather stick to reports from Amnesty International for unbiased reports. 

It seems quite clear that the Apartheid in Israel is partly responsible for the current war. 

Do you agree with what they write in this report? 

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2022/02/israels-system-of-apartheid/

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Wonderful, out of 4 links you cherry pick one and make unfounded assumptions on it. 

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you agree with what they write in this report? 

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2022/02/israels-system-of-apartheid/

No I agree with NGO Monitor just one of the three other links I provided:

On February 1, Amnesty International published yet another volume in the litany of copy-paste NGO reports that label Israel as an “apartheid” state. 

"Like many previous NGO publications, Amnesty’s report manipulates and distorts international law, Israeli policy, and events on the ground, as well as denies the Jewish people their right to sovereign equality and self-determination. 

Thus, Amnesty’s report can be considered antisemitic according to the IHRA definition of antisemitism, which notes that: “Denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination, e.g., by claiming that the existence of a State of Israel is a racist endeavor.” 

Likewise, Amnesty’s report criminalizes Israeli laws and practices designed to safeguard Jewish identity – such as the Law of Return – which are enshrined under international law and parallel the practices of many nation-states."

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

"Like many previous NGO publications, Amnesty’s report manipulates and distorts international law, Israeli policy, and events on the ground, as well as denies the Jewish people their right to sovereign equality and self-determination. 

Thus, Amnesty’s report can be considered antisemitic according to the IHRA definition of antisemitism, which notes that: “Denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination, e.g., by claiming that the existence of a State of Israel is a racist endeavor.” 

Likewise, Amnesty’s report criminalizes Israeli laws and practices designed to safeguard Jewish identity – such as the Law of Return – which are enshrined under international law and parallel the practices of many nation-states."

Thanks, I'll check it out later .

Surprised more Jews outside Israel don't believe it is Apartheid. 

Among respondents to the survey commissioned by the Jewish Electorate Institute, a group led by prominent Jewish Democrats, 34 percent agreed that “Israel’s treatment of Palestinians is similar to racism in the United States,” 25% agreed that “Israel is an apartheid state” and 22% agreed that “Israel is committing genocide against the Palestinians.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/poll-finds-a-quarter-of-us-jews-think-israel-is-apartheid-state/

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Surprised more Jews outside Israel don't believe it is Apartheid. 

Among respondents to the survey commissioned by the Jewish Electorate Institute, a group led by prominent Jewish Democrats, 34 percent agreed that “Israel’s treatment of Palestinians is similar to racism in the United States,” 25% agreed that “Israel is an apartheid state” and 22% agreed that “Israel is committing genocide against the Palestinians.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/poll-finds-a-quarter-of-us-jews-think-israel-is-apartheid-state/

I very much doubt that....lol

But thanks for showing that only a quarter of Jews believe Israel is an apartheid state.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I very much doubt that....lol

But thanks for showing that only a quarter of Jews believe Israel is an apartheid state.

You're welcome. Not sure why the animosity but hey ho. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I'd rather stick to reports from Amnesty International for unbiased reports. 

Interesting to read the Amnesty reports and the criticisms made of it.

As a matter of detail, does anyone know if the policy of different roads for Palestinians, and Israelis is a wide spread policy ?  Some who has been to the area will know.

Seems a strange policy.  Seems unlikely. Perhaps its not widespread.   Or maybe it is. 

The AJC criticism seemed to agree that the policy does exist, and has saved jewish lives.  

Curious to know the details and how common it is.

6 minutes ago, proton said:

why? seems to me its multi ethnic, multi religious with equal rights, more rights for muslim worshipers at the rock. More than you can say for most muslim countries.

Can you imagine living in a country that is surrounded by other countries full of people that want to kill you? And even though you try to be just and kind, other people from around the world criticize your every move? With many of them openly supporting the people that want to kill you. That's life for Israel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, deejai33 said:

As a matter of detail, does anyone know if the policy of different roads for Palestinians, and Israelis is a wide spread policy ?  Some who has been to the area will know.

Seems a strange policy.  Seems unlikely. Perhaps its not widespread.   Or maybe it is. 

The AJC criticism seemed to agree that the policy does exist, and has saved jewish lives.  

Israeli apartheid is rather off topic concerning latest war.

There are many good footages available from unbiased organizations on YT that cover this subject.

5 minutes ago, deejai33 said:

It is interesting to read both sides. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

There are many good footages available from unbiased organizations on YT that cover this subject.

I'm checking them out now. Like many here, I was appalled at eh Oct 7 attack but gradually realising that Palestinians have been killed, discriminated against for years. I had no idea it was so terrible. 

I think it is not off topic. If Israel have committed war crimes before the incident, as well as now, they should be accountable. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, deejai33 said:

Reports from Israel and Pal, sources. It seems there is already segregation, depending on your license plate. 

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-05-02/ty-article/.premium/israel-advancing-plans-for-apartheid-road-in-strategic-west-bank-area/00000187-d6cb-d6a1-ad87-fedb4b8a0000

https://visualizingpalestine.org/visuals/segregated-roads-west-bank

Edited by Neeranam

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I'm checking them out now. Like many here, I was appalled at eh Oct 7 attack but gradually realising that Palestinians have been killed, discriminated against for years. I had no idea it was so terrible. 

I think it is not off topic. If Israel have committed war crimes before the incident, as well as now, they should be accountable. 

I try to pinpoint the relevant interactions that will bring back peace to the region for both ethnic and or religious groups and I reject the typical BS propaganda.

Latest positive input for the region is the food delivery of Russia to Egypt for the Gaza people.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Trippy said:

You seem to know all about Israel and what life is like there. Have you ever been to Israel or the Gaza strip?

I disagree, I'm learning a lot though. Never been there but would love to visit the Holy Land. I love Judaism. 

Edit -  how does saying Apartheid is not kind showing knowledge of ME affairs?

Edited by Neeranam

28 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Thanks.  I found articles and one graphic on visualizingpalestine stating 79km of israeli only roads, and 155km of 'restricted' in west Bank.

Not a high percentage of road network.  Seems a part of the expansion of settlements by israel in West bank.    Rather than a directly apartheid black/white toilets, buses segregation.

Its relevance to this thread is clear.  Settlements and their negative effect on palestinian hopes for their own state is one of the things that motivate terrorists/militants.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, deejai33 said:

Thanks.  I found articles and one graphic on visualizingpalestine stating 79km of israeli only roads, and 155km of 'restricted' in west Bank.

Not a high percentage of road network.  Seems a part of the expansion of settlements by israel in West bank.    Rather than a directly apartheid black/white toilets, buses segregation.

Its relevance to this thread is clear.  Settlements and their negative effect on palestinian hopes for their own state is one of the things that motivate terrorists/militants.

International law allows you to defend yourself by using "force" in case of apartheid as crime against humanity and persecution.

https://www.hrw.org/report/2021/04/27/threshold-crossed/israeli-authorities-and-crimes-apartheid-and-persecution

Edited by Thorgal