Palestinian envoy pledges help for captured Thai workers

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, Callmeishmael said:

The full article says that he is the Palestinian ambassador to both Thailand and Malaysia.

Thank you. I must have overlooked that part. Not common to be ambassador to multiple countries. And I'd expect him to put a Thai flag behind him when being interviewed by Thai TV.

Edited by eisfeld
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Can we presume that the Palestinian Ambassador to Thailand and Malaysia was nominated by the Palestinian Authority Government, which has little influence in both, Gaza and Hamas? It would probably make more sense to talk to the Iranians.

The usual mediators in such matters are either Egypt or Qatar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

They were on a murder and hostage taking spree - and let us be honest, Arabs are not particularly known for racial tolerance towards Asian people!

I'm in that region at present, they look down on Asian people a lot, most of all Indians.

Notice that all reporting at the moment distinguishes Palestinian's and Hamas as two separate people if this is the case give up Hamas the hostages and their locations they just launched 5,000 missiles and invaded a neighbor killing and hostage taking and peaceful Palestinians  knew nothing about it in a 25km patch of land with 2.5m people on it is ridiculous

.. My view is they are one and the same and shout Allah Akbar at will ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Notice that all reporting at the moment distinguishes Palestinian's and Hamas as two separate people if this is the case give up Hamas the hostages and their locations they just launched 5,000 missiles and invaded a neighbor killing and hostage taking and peaceful Palestinians  knew nothing about it in a 25km patch of land with 2.5m people on it is ridiculous

.. My view is they are one and the same and shout Allah Akbar at will ????

If you use dots and commas it would be possible to understand your post.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Thank you. I must have overlooked that part. Not common to be ambassador to multiple countries. And I'd expect him to put a Thai flag behind him when being interviewed by Thai TV.

What's that behind his left shoulder?

16 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Ah, on further inspection, it will be the Palestinian flag. Ignore my earlier post. He is, primarily the ambassador to Malaysia, so they would be the correct flags if he was interviewed in his office there.

5 hours ago, Deserted said:

What did they go and capture Thai's for? That won't achieve much.

Probably to deter IDF retaliatory attacks. It would put Israel in a bad light if foreigners, Thai or otherwise, were killed or injured as a result of their actions. Useful propaganda tools.