PM says all Thais in Israel can be rescued as war is declared with fears of an even wider conflagration

webfact

image.jpeg

Scenes amid the tumult over the weekend with Palestinians celebrating the brutal slaughter of hundreds of civilians, including 12 Thai contract workers who were murdered in the attack by the terrorist group. Hamas invaded southern Israel in a surprise attack. The Royal Thai Air Force Inset left) is on standby for instructions from the government as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs coordinates a rescue and tracking operation of all Thai nationals in Israel, as ordered by Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin.

There are eleven Thais among the Israeli and foreign captives now imprisoned in Gaza by the Hamas terrorist group, which rules the coastal enclave. Eighteen Thais have been killed in the brutal terror witnessed on Saturday morning when Israel was invaded from land, sea and air.

Thailand has been among the countries to suffer the most from the shocking attack on Israel on Saturday morning, with 18 of its nationals now reported dead. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok is coordinating a rescue mission to see the first Thais returning home on Thursday, including those injured in the attack, primarily located in Israel’s South.

On Tuesday, officials reported that to 1,437 of the thirty thousand Thais living in Israel have expressed a wish to return home at this time. Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin has pledged the government’s full support for them and has ordered the Royal Thai Air Force to keep planes on standby.

by Carla Boonkong & Pranee O' Connor

Full story: Thai Examiner.com 2023-10-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

Will some of those Thai Rambo SEAL commandoes that we see standing behind arrested perps go along to ensure safety? 

I'd like to see what happens when they come up against a group of hardened Hamas jihadis storming their location. 

Crying out for Maaaaaaa????

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Here's a novel idea, how about the Thai army actually getting off their bums and go in and rescue them - actually using all the arms and armaments that have been grated during the last Junta.

This is not a hollywood movie.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

The families of these Thai will be happy to hear that their relatives "can" be repatriated but what they want to know is WILL they be and when.

And let's hope these people pay for their own airfares.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Get the Israeli Ambassador in for clarification - on a daily basis - and wear her out until she moves things back at "head office". Works wonders and that is what diplomacy is all about. 

Why not the Palestinian Ambassador?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sydebolle said:

Their Embassy is in Malaysia ???? 

So? Can harass him anyway, if it's such a winning diplomatic strategy as you 'knowingly' suggest.

The fact is neither Ambassador can do squat about things, nor do they have much political clout at their respective countries.

It's not even entirely up to their respective governments.

10 hours ago, Morch said:

So? Can harass him anyway, if it's such a winning diplomatic strategy as you 'knowingly' suggest.

The fact is neither Ambassador can do squat about things, nor do they have much political clout at their respective countries.

It's not even entirely up to their respective governments.

Don't get me wrong but an Ambassador is a message delivery person between the dispatching and the host country - as far as bilateralism is concerned. 
I just find it sickening, that Israel has created havoc ever since it was formed 70+ years ago and meanwhile has encroached a country which has been in existence for thousands of years. Looking at an official map from 1916 I can see Palestine .... but it took 30+ more to "create" Israel by people who had nothing to say on the subject.
While borders have been fluid for most countries over history, it is more than questionable in the 20th and 21st century to eradicate a state by encroachment. The world's guilty conscience is grossly misused by Israel over and over, they are supported by their religious brethren across the Atlantic in Washington DC and along the East and West coast of the US. The whole world knows about the imbalance and unfairness yet does not dare to speak up - for political correctness reasons. 
Hence my statement is unchanged; I can follow the Palestinian thinking while - at the same time - I absolutely condemn the way Hamas, a terrorist splinter of Palestine which nobody has (yet) under control, is on the path of absolute destruction. Maybe some of the USD 24 billion yearly contribution by the US to Israel imbalances matters further; all the while Israel has simply ignored the 1'300+ UN resolutions on the subject and is, most likely, taking the UN paperwork as substitute for what others use in the 00 - me thinks! 

3 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Don't get me wrong but an Ambassador is a message delivery person between the dispatching and the host country - as far as bilateralism is concerned. 
I just find it sickening, that Israel has created havoc ever since it was formed 70+ years ago and meanwhile has encroached a country which has been in existence for thousands of years. Looking at an official map from 1916 I can see Palestine .... but it took 30+ more to "create" Israel by people who had nothing to say on the subject.
While borders have been fluid for most countries over history, it is more than questionable in the 20th and 21st century to eradicate a state by encroachment. The world's guilty conscience is grossly misused by Israel over and over, they are supported by their religious brethren across the Atlantic in Washington DC and along the East and West coast of the US. The whole world knows about the imbalance and unfairness yet does not dare to speak up - for political correctness reasons. 
Hence my statement is unchanged; I can follow the Palestinian thinking while - at the same time - I absolutely condemn the way Hamas, a terrorist splinter of Palestine which nobody has (yet) under control, is on the path of absolute destruction. Maybe some of the USD 24 billion yearly contribution by the US to Israel imbalances matters further; all the while Israel has simply ignored the 1'300+ UN resolutions on the subject and is, most likely, taking the UN paperwork as substitute for what others use in the 00 - me thinks! 

There was no Palestinian 'country'. Ever. You're conflating, intentionally or otherwise, labels and names referring to an area, or at best a part of an empire. If that's the level of fact you base your arguments upon, probably useless to discuss things in depth.

Similarly, there is no USD 24 Billion yearly contribution, as you post. There is an annual USD 3 Billion aid package, which can be used to buy American arms etc from USA firms.

As for UN resolutions, some could point out that while Israel's sins might be great indeed, perhaps they do not quite merit the sheer amount of resolution applied - considering all them others wrongs around the planet.

5 hours ago, Morch said:

There was no Palestinian 'country'. Ever. You're conflating, intentionally or otherwise, labels and names referring to an area, or at best a part of an empire. If that's the level of fact you base your arguments upon, probably useless to discuss things in depth.

Similarly, there is no USD 24 Billion yearly contribution, as you post. There is an annual USD 3 Billion aid package, which can be used to buy American arms etc from USA firms.

As for UN resolutions, some could point out that while Israel's sins might be great indeed, perhaps they do not quite merit the sheer amount of resolution applied - considering all them others wrongs around the planet.

Shalom, my friend, shalom - all good. I shall no longer waste your and my time on your position and that is exactly, why a dialogue can never start. Al Jazeera reported different figures and denying the existence of Palestine might require you to go back to school - primary level that would be. But as the media is controlled by money .......... See also the enclosed video clip which was broadcasted all over Europe on the subject about Von der Leyen - another absolute incompetent clown of Europe's politics ???? 

Edited by Rimmer
Unattibuted video clip removed

54 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Al Jazeera reported different figures

Aj Jazeera in this context is not an impartial source. Consume it with care. It's a Qatari governmental broadcaster. Qatar is very much alined with Hamas. The Qatari government immediately after Hamas killed and abducted innocent civilians blamed Israel for it. The president of Hamas operates out of Qatar and has ties to its ruler. Qatar together with Iran has also supported the extremist Hamas over Fatah or the Palestinian Authority as the force to control Gaza because they are the most hostile towards Israel and wont settle for anything apart from the eradication of Israel.

6 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Looking at an official map from 1916 I can see Palestine ....

In 2016, Palestine was part of Ottoman Syria. I know the British later launched an invasion of the area, but I'm not sure when and through which routes--and I'm too tired to look it up. Anyway, the entire region was part of the Ottoman Empire for hundreds of years. Palestine has never existed as a country, as far as I know, although interestingly when the term was used during the 1930s and after World War II, it was applied to Jews that lived there.

19 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Aj Jazeera in this context is not an impartial source. Consume it with care. It's a Qatari governmental broadcaster. Qatar is very much alined with Hamas. The Qatari government immediately after Hamas killed and abducted innocent civilians blamed Israel for it. The president of Hamas operates out of Qatar and has ties to its ruler. Qatar together with Iran has also supported the extremist Hamas over Fatah or the Palestinian Authority as the force to control Gaza because they are the most hostile towards Israel and wont settle for anything apart from the eradication of Israel.

Remember the Saudi/Iran conflict? Al Jazeera was -by far - the most professional and factual news service on the subject which, by all accounts, was a much hotter potato for ...... Qatar!

I shall keep my money on Al Jazeera - for news that is! 

18 hours ago, John Drake said:

In 2016, Palestine was part of Ottoman Syria. I know the British later launched an invasion of the area, but I'm not sure when and through which routes--and I'm too tired to look it up. Anyway, the entire region was part of the Ottoman Empire for hundreds of years. Palestine has never existed as a country, as far as I know, although interestingly when the term was used during the 1930s and after World War II, it was applied to Jews that lived there.

Well, Israel did not exist in any form or manner back then - so does this allow the Israelis to just invade, encroach, murder and rape this "non existing Palestinians"? Your call! 

57 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, Israel did not exist in any form or manner back then - so does this allow the Israelis to just invade, encroach, murder and rape this "non existing Palestinians"? Your call! 

There was also no Palestine, as in a state, or even much of a national concept, back then.

5 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Remember the Saudi/Iran conflict? Al Jazeera was -by far - the most professional and factual news service on the subject which, by all accounts, was a much hotter potato for ...... Qatar!

I shall keep my money on Al Jazeera - for news that is! 

One reason Al Jazeera was created was to improve Qatars soft power against Saudi Arabia...

• Thanks 1