Money can't buy you Love (unless you're in Thailand).

bob smith

14 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, Bob. Let me tell it to you straight. Your mother lied to you.

Look at money in the west, and look at money in Thailand. If you look very close, you will see that it is only more open here, but exists everywhere. You should be happy, that people are that honest and open about it to you instead. Your western wife or friend would never be. But, YES! You are right, money comes first, but it is not related to Thailand. Just more open.

It is not true that parents teach their kids to choose money over love. What they are interested about is to give their children the best possibilities. They do know life is finite, and that they can´t take money with then when they die. However, they also know that money left after they die, can give a better life for their children. Of course we also have bar girls, and they fit perfect for your weird post.

No, everything is not about money here. That is just a comment from a person that has very poor knowledge of Thailand, but still you spout new threads and posts like never before. Think it´s time for you to slow down and think about that you chosed to be a guest in this country. Otherwise, you can just go back to whatever nothing you have left.

Integrity means everything here, but they chose to call it loss of face. A little bit more harsh reaction might be the result compared to other nations. Of course money will make you happy. Stop the nonsense. If you had none, your would understand. That you are miserable as hell, has noting to do with your money. It has all to to with your choices in life. If miserable, you probably made the wrong ones.

So, in reality, you a living effing proof what happens to people make all the wrong choices.

Braindead response. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bob smith said:

why have to show off though?

They make me want to throw up!!

I have more disposable income in my pocket than 99% of Thai people, yet to look at me on the street you would think I was poor or average at best.

If you've got it, stop flaunting it. it's really, really unattractive. 

Says the man that claims girls drop pants as soon as they see his fake Rolex. Can you be any more hypocritical 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Look at money in the west, and look at money in Thailand. If you look very close, you will see that it is only more open here, but exists everywhere. You should be happy, that people are that honest and open about it to you instead. Your western wife or friend would never be. But, YES! You are right, money comes first, but it is not related to Thailand. Just more open.

It is not true that parents teach their kids to choose money over love. What they are interested about is to give their children the best possibilities. They do know life is finite, and that they can´t take money with then when they die. However, they also know that money left after they die, can give a better life for their children. Of course we also have bar girls, and they fit perfect for your weird post.

No, everything is not about money here. That is just a comment from a person that has very poor knowledge of Thailand, but still you spout new threads and posts like never before. Think it´s time for you to slow down and think about that you chosed to be a guest in this country. Otherwise, you can just go back to whatever nothing you have left.

Integrity means everything here, but they chose to call it loss of face. A little bit more harsh reaction might be the result compared to other nations. Of course money will make you happy. Stop the nonsense. If you had none, your would understand. That you are miserable as hell, has noting to do with your money. It has all to to with your choices in life. If miserable, you probably made the wrong ones.

So, in reality, you a living effing proof what happens to people make all the wrong choices.

Crazy. Your western wife/friend would not be open?? You are posting equal nonsense to the person to whom you are replying. Seems you both had bad experiences from which you haven’t yet recovered. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

Crazy. Your western wife/friend would not be open?? You are posting equal nonsense to the person to whom you are replying. Seems you both had bad experiences from which you haven’t yet recovered. 

Crazy? Might be in your opinion. No, bad experiences here. Just many years of experience.

11 hours ago, bob smith said:

when I was a kid my mother always said that love is the most important thing and no amount of money can buy it.

We prioritized personal relationships over financial gain

but it seems that things dont work that way in the land of smiles.

In thailand it seems that money always comes first

is this true?

Is it true your mom said that? 5555

13 hours ago, NextG said:

Have you ever had someone peel your grapes for you? Wash your hair by hand by bringing a bowl of warm water and shampoo whilst you are your dinner after work, then give you a foot massage?

These are ‘western’ women, not Asian. No money involved.

No money involved :cheesy:.

Looks like we have a comedian on the thread.

BTW, payment doesn't have to be monetarily.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Lots of truth in the above but isn't Bob being somewhat sarcastic?  Maybe not...

I'm in an incredible relationship now that for the first six months had nothing to do with money.  Covid changed this but now, three years later,  her income sources have recovered for the most part and we both do what we want with our money.  If things change in the future, I'll gladly jump in to help her financially. Women are naturally inclined ( not guaranteed ) to seek men that are financially stable. It is in their DNA and I doubt evolution will change that anytime soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, atpeace said:

Lots of truth in the above but isn't Bob being somewhat sarcastic?  Maybe not...

I'm in an incredible relationship now that for the first six months had nothing to do with money.  Covid changed this but now, three years later,  her income sources have recovered for the most part and we both do what we want with our money.  If things change in the future, I'll gladly jump in to help her financially. Women are naturally inclined ( not guaranteed ) to seek men that are financially stable. It is in their DNA and I doubt evolution will change that anytime soon.

I am glad to hear, that you landed something good. As for myself, I have a fantastic women that takes care of me and our children in so many ways. It´s a job, as everything else, and of course she should get payed and be financially secure. That´s my g.. d... obligation if I want her to be home.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Money can't buy you Love (unless you're in Thailand).

Rubbish! Money buys you sex in Thailand and just about every country on the planet.

Money can't buy "love" as it's an emotion caused by a release of hormones.

Cheaper in Thailand

20 hours ago, bob smith said:

when I was a kid my mother always said that love is the most important thing and no amount of money can buy it.

We prioritized personal relationships over financial gain

but it seems that things dont work that way in the land of smiles.

In thailand it seems that money always comes first

is this true?

is this what parents teach their kids?

money over Love every time?

are they not acutely aware that life is finite?

and that you cant take your money with you when you die?

ive never met a more money hungry populace in my entire life than when I arrived here.

every single thing is about money here,

its actually rather nauseating 

Integrity means nothing here.

money will never make you happy.

I know, because ive got it and i'm as miserable as sin.

in fact, i am living effing proof that money does not bring you happiness. 

It may be that the fact that you are miserable and your contemptuous perception of Thai people are not completely independent of each other.

Possibly you need to look inside yourself grasshopper.

Just a thought.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Integrity means everything here, but they chose to call it loss of face.

....hmmm...now you mixing two separate things. Integrity everything in Thailand, thats new to me at least - or alternatively we have very different definition for the word

7 hours ago, mran66 said:

....hmmm...now you mixing two separate things. Integrity everything in Thailand, thats new to me at least - or alternatively we have very different definition for the word

I will go for the latter

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No money involved :cheesy:.

Looks like we have a comedian on the thread.

BTW, payment doesn't have to be monetarily.

First you are laughing madly at the very thought that there was no money involved, then later you state that ‘payment’ does not have to mean monetarily. What fresh nonsense are you posting now?
Why not state exactly what you mean in the first place instead of pretending that you can be enigmatic?

Money is exactly what you meant. What else? If time, then that is completely normal. After all, you are spending time together. 

So let us know what you meant if not monetarily. 

18 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Crazy? Might be in your opinion. No, bad experiences here. Just many years of experience.

Another one in denial. No bad experiences, many years of experience but yet he hasn’t met a single honest woman ????

None of the ‘western women’ I have met have ever had designs on my finances other than perhaps two together can achieve more. 
It’s seems your approach attracted a certain type, which led to your extremely ridiculous statement. 

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Yes I have,

The transaction was at the end when she took my house, my pension, my savings, my dog and my 4 kids. She also wanted to take my freedom, but the judge didn't believe here, so I got to keep that.

I really miss that dog!

Unlucky…

6 hours ago, NextG said:

Another one in denial. No bad experiences, many years of experience but yet he hasn’t met a single honest woman

Never said that. That is solely your conclusion based on your own understanding of what you quoted. Unfortunately, that turned out very wrong.

On 10/11/2023 at 4:45 PM, bob smith said:

Obviously, you are just a chip off the old block.

You are so lovely.

By kid,

You meant a young goat, of course.

Right?

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Never said that. That is solely your conclusion based on your own understanding of what you quoted. Unfortunately, that turned out very wrong.

“Look at money in the west, and look at money in Thailand. If you look very close, you will see that it is only more open here, but exists everywhere. You should be happy, that people are that honest and open about it to you instead. Your western wife or friend would never be. But, YES! You are right, money comes first, but it is not related to Thailand. Just more open.”

So tell us what you meant. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NextG said:

Another one in denial. No bad experiences, many years of experience but yet he hasn’t met a single honest woman ????

I've met many honest women, but I've never had an honest woman in my bed.

Not sure if they were honest before I bedded them, but they were definitely dishonest after.

On 10/11/2023 at 6:24 PM, BritManToo said:

I've never had a problem loving a woman, but they seem incapable of loving me in return.

Edited Wednesday at 06:27 PM by BritManToo

now mind you, I am just speculating here, - - men and women are engineered a bit differently and it is engrained that women especially here are responsible for taking care of, feeding the family. I suspect they can love but it is not the top priority in choosing a mate... nor is fitness nor hair follicles... 

12 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

I see little evidence of integrity in Thailand.

yeah, look, it is one of those invisible qualities... 'he sees nothing and at this distance' something like that from Alice in Wonderland... but I know what you mean. 

I saw a Thai motorcycle gang friend who I had not seen in many years. I had given him money for an operation to remove a tumor 20 years earlier - one of the first things he said to me was that he was happy to see me because he finally had some money and could pay me back... is that integrity? I have many stories like that, including family members paying me back. 

I am more likely to get paid back by a Thai than a farang. 

• Like 1